World Politics

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
virtual9mm

Re: World Politics

Post by virtual9mm »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:42 am
Biden has been in crappy situation after crappy situation since he came to office. Of course Republicans give him an F-. He’s polling bad with even Dems. I give him a B. I would like to see him only run once though. Too old. It looks like the Dems are trying to force his hand into not running again and the media seems to be going after him.

In a dream world Biden and Trump aren’t candidates. Newsom has been getting a lot of press lately with his attacks on DeSantis and Florida, making him popular with Dems who want someone capable of putting up a fight with the Republicans.
Having spent a decade in SF while Newsom was mayor, I can tell you right how that he is not the answer. Let's put it this way. He owned a bar where old dudes came to hook up with young girls, some pay to play.

Too bad old Jerry Brown is retired, him I could get behind.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Neither party has any real leadership. America is rudderless.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm
I think the GOP is led well. They have had a few goals over the last 40 years and have steadily done whatever they possible could to make them happen. Just like Germany had good leadership in the late 30s and early 40s.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Liz Warren would have been so good.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:14 pm
Liz Warren would have been so good.
She's still alive as far as I know.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Yeah, it really sucks we ended up with my least favorite candidate for president on that side of the ticket.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The Senate is completely dysfunctional and Chancellor Vallorum has lost the confidence of the people.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This shit is fucking pathetic and shameful. Broing it up with a murderous dictator for some cheap gas.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Cap wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:08 pm
The Senate is completely dysfunctional and Chancellor Vallorum has lost the confidence of the people.
Isn't that a great analogy?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:56 pm
This shit is fucking pathetic and shameful. Broing it up with a murderous dictator for some cheap gas.

If you want to see how far down the dysfunction goes, take a good look at how South Korea was recently denied membership in the Quad. American power has slipped...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:06 pm
Nodack wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:29 pm
I think the GOP is led well. They have had a few goals over the last 40 years and have steadily done whatever they possible could to make them happen. Just like Germany had good leadership in the late 30s and early 40s.
If getting things done by being evil makes it good leadership.

Indy

Post by Indy »

If you convince your followers you are doing good and doing God's work, then it can't be evil.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

If you ignore all the evil stuff, Hitler accomplished a whole bunch of things.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I am not saying I support it or agree with it. I was just saying that leadership can absolutely be effective while also being evil, and one of the ways to do that is convince enough people to follow you that don't think you are evil.

I think it ignores the threat of the Federalist Society or GOP to say that they have no leadership.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:32 am
I am not saying I support it or agree with it. I was just saying that leadership can absolutely be effective while also being evil, and one of the ways to do that is convince enough people to follow you that don't think you are evil.

I think it ignores the threat of the Federalist Society or GOP to say that they have no leadership.
Or convince them that the other guys are evil and drink baby blood or other crazy shit.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

As long as you pander to your base, give them a few wins and tell them they are the good guys, they will ignore all the bad stuff.

I have been pulling for Biden. Everyone seems to hate him. His fist bump with the Saudi leader was unfortunate. We have been in bed with the Saudi’s for a long time. We don’t really like them and they don’t like us. Money and oil has made us business partners with them thru many presidents. Biden didn’t go there to catch up on old times. He came there to talk oil.

Gas prices are really high due to many factors such as the Russian/Ukraine war that has affected the entire planet. Gas prices are high everywhere. Food prices are high everywhere. Inflation is taking off everywhere. Maybe pandering to the Saudi’s is a bad thing and we should be punishing them for their human rights issues and not do any business with them. In a perfect world we would have done that a long time ago.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm pulling for him too. He's a good guy but just ineffective and Manchin and Sinema aren't helping. I hope we can get some decent democratic leadership but I don't know who that is that the people will rally behind. Still, Biden is a million times better than the last guy and no, that's not hyperbole.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Biden has done decently well given that he has basically a phony Senate majority given the Manchinema factor. If he could actually pass the things he wants to pass, if we had a 52-seat majority, he would do a lot more. I think he has done pretty well under the circumstances. Absolutely could be better, but I'll take it 1000x over a second Trump term.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I’d take a mangy old three legged dog over the last guy.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I would take a Mussolini over the last guy. At least the trains ran on time.

The really effed up thing is that I am only half joking