January 6 hearings

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: January 6 hearings

Post by Mori Chu »

Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with subpoena. Get fucked, Bannon.

Cap

Post by Cap »

He can either go to jail for two years or he can have Donald Trump yell at him. And he chooses the former.

I just don’t understand the hold Trump has on his followers.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:26 pm
Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with subpoena. Get fucked, Bannon.

Have at 'em, boys!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:48 pm
He can either go to jail for two years or he can have Donald Trump yell at him. And he chooses the former.

I just don’t understand the hold Trump has on his followers.
perhaps the crimes he committed are much more serious than 60 days in prison (I think that is the minimum sentence if served consecutively).

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The NY Post is a Rupert Murdoch Conservative Newspaper and supported his 2020 bid for the WH.

Opinion: New York Post's editorial should worry Trump
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/24/opinions ... index.html
One thing is perfectly clear at this point: people either support Donald Trump or they support the United States of America. There's no overlap. Even the formerly Trump-loving New York Post is telling us that the ex-President's behavior that day cannot be defended.

Trump’s silence on Jan. 6 is damning
By Post Editorial Board
July 22, 2022 5:39pm
https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/trumps-ja ... eelection/
…He thought the violence of his loyal followers would make Pence crack, or delay the vote altogether.

To his eternal shame, as appalled aides implored him to publicly call on his followers to go home, he instead further fanned the flames by tweeting: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution.”

His only focus was to find any means — damn the consequences — to block the peaceful transfer of power.

There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence.

It’s up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Can we just prosecute this guy already? I mean look at this quote sent directly to his campaign staff about their scheme: "We would just be sending in ‘fake’ electoral votes to Pence so that ‘someone’ in Congress can make an objection when they start counting votes, and start arguing that the ‘fake’ votes should be counted."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh wow. This is a big story. The DOJ really is directly investigating Trump himself criminally.

Indy

Post by Indy »

wake me when it isn't just talk

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Working their way up the ladder.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yesss keep it coming fellas!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Over and over, we're seeing that they knew that Trump lost, they knew that what they were doing was wrong, was likely illegal, was even possibly "treasonous," but they did it anyway.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... ee4d0654f8
Pence had previously refused to say whether he would engage with the House committee investigating the insurrection if the panel requested his testimony. On Wednesday, he said he would consider it.

“If there was an invitation to participate, I would consider it,” Pence said, adding he would first reflect “on the unique role” he was serving as vice president.

“It would be unprecedented in history for a vice president to be summoned to testify on Capitol Hill, but as I said, I don’t want to prejudge,” he said. “If ever any formal invitation was rendered to us, we’d give it due consideration.”

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nodack wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:09 am
Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... ee4d0654f8
Pence had previously refused to say whether he would engage with the House committee investigating the insurrection if the panel requested his testimony. On Wednesday, he said he would consider it.

“If there was an invitation to participate, I would consider it,” Pence said, adding he would first reflect “on the unique role” he was serving as vice president.

“It would be unprecedented in history for a vice president to be summoned to testify on Capitol Hill, but as I said, I don’t want to prejudge,” he said. “If ever any formal invitation was rendered to us, we’d give it due consideration.”
Just testify if asked, man. You can say, “Agreeing to testify should not be construed as endorsement of the position that Congress can compel a former VP to testify.” Appear voluntarily because you believe in the public’s right to know. You don’t have to worry about setting any precedents.

Indy

Post by Indy »

He still refers to himself as a vice president...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Isn't it entirely possible his response is a coded way of saying, "please ask me to testify"?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

He said he would "consider" testifying. Fine, then summon him and see whether he means it.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:43 pm
Isn't it entirely possible his response is a coded way of saying, "please ask me to testify"?
It could be, I guess.