Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Superbone

Re: Cardinals

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm
You can’t get around the fact that he’s a small guy who is scared to take a hit (to the point that he’s skittish), who doesn’t study film, and who has not shown any sustained improvement in reading defenses since his rookie year.
It could be worse. It could be a big guy scared to take a hit. Like maybe an NBA center that just got a big contract.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:36 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:25 pm
You can’t get around the fact that he’s a small guy who is scared to take a hit (to the point that he’s skittish), who doesn’t study film, and who has not shown any sustained improvement in reading defenses since his rookie year.
It could be worse. It could be a big guy scared to take a hit. Like maybe an NBA center that just got a big contract.
Oof

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:21 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:20 pm
Seems like you kinda have to pay young QB’s. Pay him or lose him and start over
I’ll take the latter
My thing is I’m just more casual in my Cards fandom than my Suns fandom. I’m kinda ok just being good and fun. Of course I want them to win the Super Bowl, but I’d mostly check out if they went back to being a 4-13 team. So I don’t really want to risk that.

I think I’d put my feelings about Kyler somewhere between Ayton and Booker. I have my doubts that he’s worth the contract he got, but I do think there’s a chance he’s worth it. I like Kyler, I hope he continues to make progress and we can put the right team around him.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:35 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:21 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:20 pm
Seems like you kinda have to pay young QB’s. Pay him or lose him and start over
I’ll take the latter
My thing is I’m just more casual in my Cards fandom than my Suns fandom. I’m kinda ok just being good and fun. Of course I want them to win the Super Bowl, but I’d mostly check out if they went back to being a 4-13 team. So I don’t really want to risk that.

I think I’d put my feelings about Kyler somewhere between Ayton and Booker. I have my doubts that he’s worth the contract he got, but I do think there’s a chance he’s worth it. I like Kyler, I hope he continues to make progress and we can put the right team around him.
IMO he’s basically DA but with a bad attitude. I really don’t like him or Kliff so I’ve been crushed about this off-season. I thought Keim and Kliff would be fired, and quite literally the opposite happened.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I don’t love that trio…I was hoping to see Kliff and Keim gone. Hoping they surprise us this year, but not gonna hold my breath

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't know what the problem is. Kliff is a great first half of the season coach. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Here's $230M, but this time we're making you do your homework... :roll:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

This is stupid on so many levels, from all sides.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

You'd both be surprised about this type of language being more frequent than people realize. I write SOWs for a living in my role and we have a lot of guardrails and assumptions within them. I'd guess there are many athletes with similar language. There was an NFL player recently and language was included around not riding their motorcycle. Madison Bumgarner has language in his contract around not being a part of rodeos.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Not doing dangerous stuff is pretty obvious, but having to be told to study has to be a new one.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yeah, doing an essential part of your job isn't in the same category as avoiding a catastrophic injury or death.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It wouldn't be in question if he didn't look unprepared on the field so often. He only has himself to blame, but that conflicts with his ego too much.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:41 pm
It wouldn't be in question if he didn't look unprepared on the field so often. He only has himself to blame, but that conflicts with his ego too much.
I think it was a crazy AF but likely effective way of embarrassing Kyler so that he finally takes study to the appropriate level required for an NFL quarterback. It's actually fucking genius when you think about it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I couldn't make this more ridiculous if I tried.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ladies and gentlemen, let me present your Kliff Keim Kyler led team!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Defense was the biggest problem today

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

That’s entirely shocking. I would never have imagined that we could have had defensive problems going into the season. We just really stacked our D with amazing additions to the secondary and DLine, so I don’t know where it went wrong

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

And the 7 whole points we dropped on em in the first 3 quarters of play was just an avalanche of a performance by Kyler and Kliff. Just fantastic offensive display. They’ve really matured and grown together in their three years. So smart, students of the game. I can tell they put at least four hours of film time in this week.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:05 pm
And the 7 whole points we dropped on em in the first 3 quarters of play was just an avalanche of a performance by Kyler and Kliff. Just fantastic offensive display. They’ve really matured and grown together in their three years. So smart, students of the game. I can tell they put at least four hours of film time in this week.
Lol. This pathetic organization paid Kliff and Keim through 2027 this off-season based on being fucking garbage. Imagine not showing up for your job 2 days a week and constantly turning in shit work when you are there followed by a fat promotion for being terrible? That's Keim and Kingsbury. Tiny man got paid too but I honestly think with an actual head coach and GM that knew wtf they are doing, he'd be a decent QB winning a good chunk of games. Who knows. Either way, this team is in the bed they put themselves in. Fuck them.