Solar

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
Vladimir_Taltos

Re: Solar

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Nodack:

a. Said before, highly recommend Enphase, especially given the scalability of the system and the quality.
b. Given that...try here...

Installation Partners

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

We went with Black Platinum Solar, a Platinum Certified Enphase installer.

https://blackplatinumsolar.com/

Had 6 places come give us quotes. They were by far the most responsive and educational throughout. Never tried to oversell us on the size of our system.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks guys. Can they oversell you? I thought there was some sort of restrictions on how much solar power you can generate.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:36 am
We went with Black Platinum Solar, a Platinum Certified Enphase installer.

https://blackplatinumsolar.com/

Had 6 places come give us quotes. They were by far the most responsive and educational throughout. Never tried to oversell us on the size of our system.
If you don’t mind me asking, what size system did you get, how much did they charge and what is your electric bill now monthly? They said I needed a 6.5 Kw system.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

10.36kw. 24k. About 7 or 8k in tax rebates. So 16k. We rolled that into our home equity while refinancing to about 2.8% on our home loan. The solar loan was 6.99% over 20 or 25 years. Made sense to just roll the solar in at a lower interest rate since we intend to payoff the home in 18 years, not the 30 year term.

House is single story, 1900 sq ft. 1979 slump block. We also have a Tesla we charge which plays into it. Look at your combined use over the past year on your electric to help right size with a 10% percent system size increase over that.

We get credits during most non summer months. The bill last month was $108 but we made the mistake of charging the Tesla one day on peak. Oh and we're APS, Time of Use with Demand charge.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I had to look up slump block.
"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:16 pm
I had to look up slump block.
That is really interesting because I feel like any house I have seen in the Phoenix area built between 1960 and 1980 was slump block. Like it has been a part of my vocabulary for as long as I can remember. Makes me think about things I take for granted and how different all of our experiences can be, despite so many similarities.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:20 pm
10.36kw.
How much do you actually generate per day this month, for example?

I use about 160 kWh per day during the week because we are on a time of use plan, and about 185-190 kWh on weekends/holidays during the peak of the summer.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:42 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
10.36kw.
How much do you actually generate per day this month, for example?

I use about 160 kWh per day during the week because we are on a time of use plan, and about 185-190 kWh on weekends/holidays during the peak of the summer.
58 to 64 has been about the average most days this month generated (so let's say 61 for the sake of argument). For the month of July, I've consumed 2.6 MWh and produced 1.8 MWh. Average consumption most days close to 88 kWh. 123.5 on July 22nd for the high.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

AmareIsGod wrote:
10.36kw. 24k. About 7 or 8k in tax rebates. So 16k. We rolled that into our home equity while refinancing to about 2.8% on our home loan. The solar loan was 6.99% over 20 or 25 years. Made sense to just roll the solar in at a lower interest rate since we intend to payoff the home in 18 years, not the 30 year term.

House is single story, 1900 sq ft. 1979 slump block. We also have a Tesla we charge which plays into it. Look at your combined use over the past year on your electric to help right size with a 10% percent system size increase over that.

We get credits during most non summer months. The bill last month was $108 but we made the mistake of charging the Tesla one day on peak. Oh and we're APS, Time of Use with Demand charge.
Thanks!

We have a two story stucco 1900 sq ft house. We are with SRP. I grew up in slump block houses. (I can’t believe Superbone grew up here the same time and never heard of slump block houses.) Your system is a lot bigger than what the guy proposed for me and about 6k cheaper than him too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:13 am
AmareIsGod wrote:

Thanks!

We have a two story stucco 1900 sq ft house. We are with SRP. I grew up in slump block houses. (I can’t believe Superbone grew up here the same time and never heard of slump block houses.) Your system is a lot bigger than what the guy proposed for me and about 6k cheaper than him too.
I think my first house might have been a slump block house but I was too young to remember.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:13 am
AmareIsGod wrote:

Thanks!

Black Platinum is very fair with great reputable work. John Jr and John Sr, family owned for like 20 years. Great warranty as well. John will talk your ear off. We had a few hour long conversations about life as well as educating me on all things solar.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The talked to Black Platinum and they were great. I talked to a David guy who was very knowledgeable and down to earth. I asked about BU batteries and he actually advised against it right now because he is sold on Solid State batteries that are set to make a huge impact in the near future in solar BU and EV vehicles.