Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Mori Chu »

I actually think we will be just fine losing Mikal in a KD trade so long as we can hold on to Cam Johnson.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

These are the reports that you have to be cautious about. I think Flex showed he has real sources, but he’s also an eternal optimist and suns cheerleader. I don’t know how much weight to put into something like this. I want it to be true, but he’s literally the only person still reporting the suns even have a chance, let alone an 80% chance. But maybe that’s because everyone is getting their info from Brooklyn.

I do wonder who those buyout guys would be?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

So is Covid still just a “conspiracy?”

TOO

Post by TOO »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:39 am
That really depends on who you vote for.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:36 am
I actually think we will be just fine losing Mikal in a KD trade so long as we can hold on to Cam Johnson.
Love both of them. Gotta keep one of the two.

ETA: BTW, the site is very slow this weekend to post. Even caused Marty to double post elsewhere which I cleaned up after.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:14 am
These are the reports that you have to be cautious about. I think Flex showed he has real sources, but he’s also an eternal optimist and suns cheerleader. I don’t know how much weight to put into something like this. I want it to be true, but he’s literally the only person still reporting the suns even have a chance, let alone an 80% chance. But maybe that’s because everyone is getting their info from Brooklyn.

LLoyd Christmas thinks we still have a chance.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TOO wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:03 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Again, Indy said CP3 and Booker had covid for game 6 and 7 based on a report that staffers were out for game 7 and that ONE PLAYER was out. And said verbatim “it isn’t an assumption” that book and cp3 had covid for game 6 and 7. Quite the jump from the report and quite a confident assertation. Book has never been mentioned. Game 6 has never been mentioned. But, “it’s not an assumption.”

Me calling this COVID conspiracy by Indy a conspiracy has nothing to do with my thoughts on the pandemic. If you think I’m a covid non-believer of all people, you’re either a fool of epic proportions or just haven’t been paying attention.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:25 pm
TOO wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
Again, Indy said CP3 and Booker had covid for game 6 and 7 based on a report that staffers were out for game 7 and that ONE PLAYER was out. And said verbatim “it isn’t an assumption” that book and cp3 had covid for game 6 and 7. Quite the jump from the report and quite a confident assertation. Book has never been mentioned. Game 6 has never been mentioned. But, “it’s not an assumption.”

Me calling this COVID conspiracy by Indy a conspiracy has nothing to do with my thoughts on the pandemic. If you think I’m a covid non-believer of all people, you’re either a fool of epic proportions or just haven’t been paying attention.
Was a joke man, take a breath.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I’m referencing what Flex said.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
TOO wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:

I think there was a video of both Paul and Booker coughing at the press conference.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:14 am

I don't think that's accurate. I know Gambo has said they still have a chance, and I think some of the national reporters have also.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I exaggerated a little bit, but both shams and woj have said we are essentially out of the running. I haven’t heard any national guys still talking about us as having much of a shot. As someone who doesn’t live in Arizona I will say that the general consensus I’ve heard is we’re out.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

I think there’s plenty smoke. We will just have to see how it plays out. It’s reasonable to think this is KD’s plan for what’s next in his career. And the NBA media, NBA Admin are all sort of on skates.
JJ seems to have a decent handle on keeping his lips sealed and targeting what he wants.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
TOO wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:

I think there was a video of both Paul and Booker coughing at the press conference.
Paul was coughing during the pelicans series too, consistently. I have texts I shared with a buddy after game 1

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

At this point they’re under no pressure to deal KD until training camp

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:23 pm
I exaggerated a little bit, but both shams and woj have said we are essentially out of the running. I haven’t heard any national guys still talking about us as having much of a shot. As someone who doesn’t live in Arizona I will say that the general consensus I’ve heard is we’re out.
The national guys like Woj and Shams are fed things like that from teams like BK to try and spur things on. It's all posturing to get JJ to re-engage and offer a better deal or even his best deal.

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:23 pm
The national guys like Woj and Shams are fed things like that from teams like BK to try and spur things on. It's all posturing to get JJ to re-engage and offer a better deal or even his best deal.
Ya I do think that’s a definite possibility. The suns front office being so quiet makes it hard to know. There’s no incentive for Brooklyn to tell people we are still involved. If KD really wants to play here and teams are aware of it, then the only way to get people to think they have a chance is for us to be out of the picture.

It benefits Brooklyn to have more suitors. Then they can come to us and to KD and say, look, Boston has a better offer on the table, we can’t trade you to Phoenix with a better offer on the table.

If KD truly wants to be here, then there’s no rush for us. Brooklyn isn’t going to trade KD without talking to him and trying to get him where he wants. I think it’s definitely possible that what happens is Brooklyn
gets the best offer they can and comes to Phoenix and says, here you go, match this offer and he’s yours. That’s when the real talks happen. Until then, Brooklyn is just trying to raise the asking price.

At least that’s what I hope. If they can get Boston to offer Brown/Smart and 2 1sts, then we certainly will have to offer Mikal/CamJ and 4 1sts. If all they can get is Brown/White and 1 1st. Suns probably get to hold onto one of Mikal and CamJ and maybe a 1st. Mikal/Crowder/Craig and 3 1sts…or something like that.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Just to be clear
Axe throwing isn't easy 😀😀

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »