Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by wpmiller42 »

I wonder if there's something coming for LeBron in the coming days. Let's assume that LeBron declines his extension in the coming days and signals to the Lakers that he's going to bolt to whatever team drafts his son Bronny. LA doesn't want to lose him for nothing, and there's the strong James Jones/LeBron connection, and it's clear that LeBron is only going to be a year or two rental because then he's going to go play with his son... Maybe we can get LeBron for some expirings and a couple draft picks?

It probably takes us way out of the KD race, but I'm starting to think Brooklyn is just going to try and run things back with him and Kyrie and hope things work themselves out. LeBron fills so many holes for us and we would be fine with him leaving potentially in a year or two to play with his son. It just makes a ton of sense to me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wouldn't mind having Lebron here, but I wouldn't want to give up major assets for him given his age and fit. For example, I would not give up Mikal in a Lebron package.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Crowder also liked a pic a him in a Mavs jersey, so it would see his tweet is Suns related. LBJ would obviously mean the KD deal hit a wall, but we'd still have to send a lot of salary out like Crowder, Saric, Payne, Shamet, Craig. We'd lose some depth but could make it up with some vet signings. I still think Melo is a lock if KD or LBJ are brought in.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

What this could mean is that it's summer and we're just desperate for any sort of news......
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:30 am
What this could mean is that it's summer and we're just desperate for any sort of news......
Stop ruining our fun, Bob!

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:12 am
Crowder also liked a pic a him in a Mavs jersey, so it would see his tweet is Suns related. LBJ would obviously mean the KD deal hit a wall, but we'd still have to send a lot of salary out like Crowder, Saric, Payne, Shamet, Craig. We'd lose some depth but could make it up with some vet signings. I still think Melo is a lock if KD or LBJ are brought in.
Melo can have regular season minutes but very limited bench role in the playoffs. The Bananna boat crew is not a very strong contender IMO without the entire crew of Book, Ayton, Cam J, and Bridges.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We'd definitely run the risk of getting very old, very quickly but yea, they'd have to pace themselves and play within their roles and minutes. Can't have Monty running everyone 34 minutes for 80 games just to burn out.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

He also liked a tweet mentioning him as the Tucker replacement in Miami.

He's just trolling :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

LeBron and KD have essentially the same salary next year so without Mikal it basically means everyone else has to go. Crowder/Saric/Shamet/Craig/Payne

Though I do think if we wait until September, we can put Landale in the trade instead of Payne or Craig and make the salaries work. I guess we could also conceivably sign and trade Ish as part of the deal(though I don’t think LA is in a financial position to acquire someone via S&T, so maybe that’s not an option).

Crowder/Shamet/Saric/Craig/Landale and 2 1sts is probably what I’d offer for LeBron.

Paul/Booker/Bridges/LeBron/Ayton
Payne/Lee/Okogie/Johnson/Biyombo

Probably add Melo, maybe LA, plus a buyout guy somewhere down the line. Also re-sign Ish.

That’s a solid team. Elite starting lineup, and not a terrible bench. If Aldridge and Melo can give us decent play, we’ve got 3-4 bench contributors. Could be very thin though.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

How bout this fucking shit??!! :twisted:

Nets: Mikal, Crowder, Dario, 2 1st rd picks , 2 swaps

Suns- KD

At trade deadline

Lakers- Ayton, Shamet, Craig, 2 1sts, 1 swap

Suns- LeBron

Our playoff death lineup- CP3- Book-CamJ- LeBron- KD :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

Take Dario out of the 1st deal and replace him with Craig. I’d also give Brooklyn 3 1sts. LA only needs 1 if they are getting Ayton. Also Ayton/Shamet is enough salary so we can keep Saric and have a C to plays when we don’t want to go death lineup.

Indy

Post by Indy »

lol

Last edited by Indy on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Where the Washington fans at? I like this

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Where the Washington fans at? I like this
I called it!

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is hilarious. Did we want him, or just sign him to a 2-way to say to Indy "we told you not to sign him to an offer sheet."

Split T

Post by Split T »

The price the pacers had to pay to sign Ayton to that offer sheet. I like him as a sleeper pg. I don’t know much about him, but he’s got talent. Now go get Sarr with that other 2-way. Wonder if he’s holding out for a locked in contract/roster spot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Also wouldn’t be surprised if we told Washington we’ll move him to the 15-man roster if we make a 3(or more) for 1 trade in the coming months.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

He can hit an open shot and move the ball. More than I can say for our 3rd guard play in the playoffs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well I like that

Split T

Post by Split T »

Do 2-way guys count against the luxury tax?