Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Suns Off-Season Thread

Post by Shabazz »

Great thread:

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:13 am
So apparently he wants to be traded to the Suns…

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:17 pm
So apparently he wants to be traded to the Suns…
That's what I've heard.
"Be Legendary."

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

If all this reporting is true, and that's a really big assumption, then it's really interesting to see the rival GMs really squeeze the Nets together. It sounds like any of these teams could have KD now if they would just budge on something (Bridges for us, Brown and/or Smart for the Celtics, etc...), but it seems like everyone is content to just force the Nets to not only pay the first big chunk of KD's salary, but also accept some less-than-ideal offer than the Nets would like.

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic that if we get KD, it's not going to cost us Bridges? If I'm the Nets owner, I'm taking the best deal available on September 30th at 11:59 p.m.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Who knows anymore? Enjoy the rest of your summer…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I didn't interpret Stein's article as saying literally, "KD wants to retire." I read it as, "He so strongly wants out of Brooklyn, he'd practically rather retire than ever play for them again." It's like when you say, "I'd rather die than eat a Big Mac ever again." You don't literally want to die. (probably.). I do think it's good for reporters to avoid hyperbolic wording, though, so I think Stein should not have used that phrasing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He also was quoting someone else saying that and actually still said he doesn’t believe KD would retire.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

No one with any sense believed Durant would retire over this, and Marc Stein knew exactly what he was doing by using that verbiage.

This is just what media has evolved into.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

"new backcourt starter Spencer Dinwiddie" is one way to put it.....Suns by 40.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

What fresh bs is this? What a strange offseason.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Maybe it’s a trademark issue.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Crowder must have found out we’ve been shopping him. He’s almost certainly gone in a KD trade, but I bet we’ve shopped him to see if we can get a better asset for Brooklyn as well.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Myself and many others here have said Crowder is the most likely player to be traded this offseason.

I'm fine with him feeling some type of way about it. That's the business of basketball. It's not going to change my opinion of him as a player or person (both positive).
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:43 am
Myself and many others here have said Crowder is the most likely player to be traded this offseason.

I'm fine with him feeling some type of way about it. That's the business of basketball. It's not going to change my opinion of him as a player or person (both positive).
Although I have liked Jae over the years and his contributions to the team, it was more than annoying when he was a relative no-show for 80% of the playoff games. So, I'm fine getting rid of dead weight. Payne, Shamet, (obviously Saric), and unfortunately Cam J were all no shows for the vast majority of the 13 games.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He’s way too streaky. We need steady hands in the playoffs. Can’t go out there unsure if he’ll go 0-10 or 6-10 from 3. And he’s shooting 10 no matter what

Indy

Post by Indy »

He is really streaky on offense, but he is really good (and underrated) on defense. We need someone that can body up LeBron and other guys that size.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He's had way to many games where he's closer to 0-10 than 6-10, imo. It felt like he was super cold going into the playoffs and for almost the entire playoffs, waiting for him to breakout into his typical hot streak. It just makes him a non-weapon, once again, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:03 am
He's had way to many games where he's closer to 0-10 than 6-10, imo. It felt like he was super cold going into the playoffs and for almost the entire playoffs, waiting for him to breakout into his typical hot streak. It just makes him a non-weapon, once again, imo.
He never took 10 threes this year. And he only had 14 games all season where he took at least 8.

In 5/14 of those games he shot less than 30% and in 4 he shot +50%. Most of those 14 games were over 40%.

In the playoffs he only had 1 game where he took 8 threes and he shot 63%.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Crowder a lot. He's a good shooter (though, yes, a bit streaky), he's a great and tough defender, and perhaps most importantly, he's a tough mofo who is one of the few guys who does not wilt under pressure in a tough playoff game or series. He didn't back down from Lebron and the Lakers during the first round of our Finals run; he was one of the few guys who could produce anything in the last few games of the Mavs series this year; he was a steady presence and a rare tough guy on a generally finesse-first team. I love Cam Johnson, but Cam gets the deer-in-the-headlights look sometimes; Jae never ever does. You can throw Jae in the fire and he'll fight for you. And he's not above a push or a shove if an opposing player is being an asshole.

I don't think he is untouchable or anything silly like that. If we have to move him to get a KD or other superstar, sure, you do it. But he has value and he shouldn't be tossed aside just because of a few grumpy tweets and posts.