Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by Indy »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:56 pm
Indy wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:07 am
If we can figure out a way to replace Chris Paul with SGA going forward, that would be huge.
Just trade Chris Paul for SGA. :P
I would do that deal without question. But OKC wouldn't. This is only if SGA asks out because of the disasters in OKC. If that happens, they aren't looking to add CP3.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
If we can figure out a way to replace Chris Paul with SGA going forward, that would be huge.
I would do that deal without question. But OKC wouldn't. This is only if SGA asks out because of the disasters in OKC. If that happens, they aren't looking to add CP3.
Yep, I literally think the only thing they’d be interested in is Ayton and our picks. And even then they might not, except that they would be assets to get what they really want. I still don’t think they have their top 5 mvp level player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I know it's rosterbation season, but there are a lot of teams who'd give up a better package for SGA than something centered around Ayton earning a max salary.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:33 pm
I know it's rosterbation season, but there are a lot of teams who'd give up a better package for SGA than something centered around Ayton earning a max salary.
Yes, but it is OKC. I assume they want the most picks possible, and there are very few teams that have more picks than us.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Is this a new injury for Gallo? Or recovering from an existing one?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Indy wrote:
Obviously you would include multiple picks. If they want more than 4 picks, go get more picks for them with Cam and/or Crowder. If they want, they can reroute CP3 to a contender for expirings + even more picks.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I mean at that point your just giving CP3 away to give him away though. You really only see him as salary fodder?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:48 pm
I mean at that point your just giving CP3 away to give him away though. You really only see him as salary fodder?
No, I would be including him because he gives value to OKC either directly or by netting them more picks.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Is Donovan Mitchell that much better than RJ Barret that he’s worth more than an additional 2 first round picks?? I don’t know if I’d even bet on Mitchell being the better player in 2 years time.

It’s definitely a good time to be a rebuilding team right now. The mid-tier teams of the league have very quickly shifted away from valuing first rounders (way too much, imo) and if you’ve got a quasi-star, it’s a great time to be cashing out.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have a hard time figuring out which guy will be the better player in two years, so to your point, RJ Barret plus two future 1st round picks is an overpay for Mitchell.

I also think there's a New York City tax applied to Knicks players. A lot of talent has gone through that organization in the last 30 years and most of them play better in other cities. I don't doubt for a second that Barret would instantly improve his numbers in a smaller market.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:50 pm
I have a hard time figuring out which guy will be the better player in two years, so to your point, RJ Barret plus two future 1st round picks is an overpay for Mitchell.
And Utah turned that down!

Ainge pillaged the Timberwolves and basically reset the entire market for star trades. If he can pull it off again, good on him, but his expectations may end up costing him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Donovan Mitchell more than RJ Barrett. But not four 1st-round-picks more. Ainge fleeced a bunch of nincompoops in Minnesota so now he thinks he can do that to every other team in the league. I don't think New York should raise their price. NYK wouldn't be a contender even if they did get Mitchell, so he isn't worth trading away their entire future for.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Good news for out of market people like me. Just wish there was a way to get the nationally televised games added in.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:56 am
Good news for out of market people like me. Just wish there was a way to get the nationally televised games added in.

I noticed that too, because I paid like $250 last year for the premium package and this year it's only like $129. I use the NBA channel on Roku to stream, and the NBA's Roku app has always been buggy. Hopefully it will be better this year.

TOO

Post by TOO »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:55 pm
Split T wrote:

I noticed that too, because I paid like $250 last year for the premium package and this year it's only like $129. I use the NBA channel on Roku to stream, and the NBA's Roku app has always been buggy. Hopefully it will be better this year.
I get pretty good service on firetv. Diggin' the price drop for sure though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:

I just wish they wouldn't blackout the local team.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

That would be nice too, but only hurts me for 3-4 games a year

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow, that's great news that they dropped the price. I have always thought that NBALP was overpriced. It's a valuable service, but you pay for way more content than you actually watch, and it feels expensive when you compare it to the cost of something like Netflix or HBO.