Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by TOO »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:09 am
The Bobster wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:52 am
The Suns should just go out and win the title this year just to spite Sarver since he couldn't celebrate with them.

That'd show him.
Who would Silver hand the trophy to in that situation?
Deandre Ayton obviously
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

The Bobster wrote:
The Suns should just go out and win the title this year just to spite Sarver since he couldn't celebrate with them.

That'd show him.
Now we are talking!!!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:03 pm
The Bobster wrote:

That'd show him.
Now we are talking!!!
He'd probably whip his dong piece out again during the celebration the season after. I bet you've never seen a trophy this big!
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

TOO wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:12 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

That'd show him.
Now we are talking!!!
He'd probably whip his dong piece out again during the celebration the season after. I bet you've never seen a trophy this big!

I know you are thinking going as far as dropping your fanhood, but I’m more on the Mori’s point of view. Public opinion court has become a monster and every person wants punishment levels that wouldn’t want on themselves. I’m totally against cancellation and I hope Sarver at least learn to act decently, emphasizing the core meaning of act. Not probably that he actually learns how awful his behavior is, but keep it on a leash.

But my focus have always been on the team, and hopefully they will rally above all of this like they did last season, playing for the fans, not for his POS managing partner (I won’t say owner, because he owns none of them, not even the team as an entity, just a share of it, and as Bobster said, it’s on the rest of the partnership to end this quickly and vote him out, like his Bank did.)

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Meanwhile, this press conference was happening at the same time as the NBA’s announcement: https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 367383002/

I guess he’s coming back for a 51st season? :D
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:40 pm
TOO wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

That'd show him.
Now we are talking!!!

I know you are thinking going as far as dropping your fanhood, but I’m more on the Mori’s point of view. Public opinion court has become a monster and every person wants punishment levels that wouldn’t want on themselves. I’m totally against cancellation and I hope Sarver at least learn to act decently, emphasizing the core meaning of act. Not probably that he actually learns how awful his behavior is, but keep it on a leash.

But my focus have always been on the team, and hopefully they will rally above all of this like they did last season, playing for the fans, not for his POS managing partner (I won’t say owner, because he owns none of them, not even the team as an entity, just a share of it, and as Bobster said, it’s on the rest of the partnership to end this quickly and vote him out, like his Bank did.)
I don't have the energy to enter that other thread after being gone the last several days... but I will say this:

A) Of course people guilty of doing the same shit wouldn't want any consequences on them. That seems like a silly argument.

B) "Cancellation" is a stupid term that really just substitutes for "consequences." You do stupid shit, you should pay the price. Sometimes that means you get fired from your job and have to go work at another company doing the exact same job. Sometimes you did something so bad you can never work in your current industry again because employers can't trust you around clients/students/etc. Sometimes it means you committed crimes and you have to pay through the justice system.

C) A 60 year old that got off with a slap on the wrist isn't going to learn a lesson. He sits at a table with 30 extremely wealthy old white guys (almost exclusively) and none of them are going to hold him accountable. $10M is nothing. The value of the team will go up more than 10M this year alone.

Enough of my rant until I have the energy to go into that thread. And this isn't directed at you Aztec, just an excuse for me to post about the topics at hand.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Indy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:03 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:40 pm
TOO wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
The Bobster wrote:

That'd show him.
Now we are talking!!!

I don't have the energy to enter that other thread after being gone the last several days... but I will say this:

A) Of course people guilty of doing the same shit wouldn't want any consequences on them. That seems like a silly argument.

B) "Cancellation" is a stupid term that really just substitutes for "consequences." You do stupid shit, you should pay the price. Sometimes that means you get fired from your job and have to go work at another company doing the exact same job. Sometimes you did something so bad you can never work in your current industry again because employers can't trust you around clients/students/etc. Sometimes it means you committed crimes and you have to pay through the justice system.

C) A 60 year old that got off with a slap on the wrist isn't going to learn a lesson. He sits at a table with 30 extremely wealthy old white guys (almost exclusively) and none of them are going to hold him accountable. $10M is nothing. The value of the team will go up more than 10M this year alone.

Enough of my rant until I have the energy to go into that thread. And this isn't directed at you Aztec, just an excuse for me to post about the topics at hand.
Oh, no problem at all, it’s a very hot topic, so much that I have been thinking it should be on the politics forum. Being from outside the US, I never post and very rarely read that Forum, because it gets really intense, people calling names and defending positions like they were the ones involved on it, and I don’t want to get in the middle, specially lacking lot of context, and having different point of view given my own context. I wish my country’s troubles were like yours.

But this subject stays on top of the sport forum and I can’t avoid it (I have successfully avoided other threads, maybe two or three during about 15 years , but once I enter one, I am doomed to read it). People takes for granted many of it, and overblown some stuff , like the comparisons with Sterling. Want their concept of justice unleashed on Sarver, a R scarlet letter or a comanche tatoo on his forehead. At the same time, everyone wants the traffic officer to be nice with us, and never ever would accept to have looked a woman the wrong way, oh no sir, I’m a Saint. Not defending that POS, but not blind either to the hipocresy behind many of those grabbing torches, we are just lucky enough to be irrelevant on comparison, so no one is taking notes on how we talk to our gardener, or how much tip we left on restaurants, neither if we call names on the “different” at traffic, or to our taxi driver unable to speak nice clear English. Every now and then, I have been torched right here in this forum for my broken English, when some poster lacks the argument or patience to deal with me. Isn’t that racist? Shouldn’t such poster being banned and forced to be fired from whatever job he have? How about a colored name on his posts (like the green for moderators) to indicate that he is a racist? That was my point on A), we want kindgdom comes on Sarver, but also ask for understanding on us, that we are humans capable to make mistakes, here and there and everywhere, any given day. Being 45 years old, I’m pretty sure that 20-30 years behind me, have enough juice to kill me on the public court if I have to probe that I NEVER, EVER, NOWHERE have been less than perfect. Again, NOT DEFENDING SARVER HERE, before some torches are pointed at me.

Sarver is a manchild and of course he is what he is at 60, he didn’t learn to respect all people around him, pretty sure he conducts himself different according to the level of power around him, I have known plenty of people like this so I’m not surprised people like Chris Paul or James Jones are unaware of his antics. That’s why I said that I want him ousted by his partners, they are the only way, because of course the 30 managing partners would be crazy to set such precedent. Maybe I’m too pragmatic, but I understand Silver when he said that owners are subject to a different set of rules, it’s not just about ideals and values, but also about what’s on ink. When they bought the team, of course every owner put an army of lawyers trying to get written insurance on his new shiny toy. The league put the MAXIMUM fine posible and I’m pretty sure the One year suspension is the most they could throw at them given the current set of rules. Like you said, people can get banned from an industry for a given behavior or crime, but you of course also know that such punishment is subject to a given set of rules as well, and people can fight it off if those rules are applied too lightly on them. Of course the owners are going to be sure that the rules on them set the bar the lowest possible. At the time, ousting Sterling was not a sure thing, so although maybe society have changed, the rules on ink most probably don’t.

NBA players are far from perfection themselves, and have really shielded contracts as well, but for a moment, let’s pretend the league takes LeBron’s words at heart, teams will be facing roster shortages overnight, but still would be on the hook for thousands of millions in contracts. Not saying that we should condone everything to everyone one, but it’s not that easy to enforce. Remember when Kobe (on a candid moment triggered by stress) said how unfair was to be suited while Shaq got away with worst behavior throwing money at his “problems”? And by the way, unlike Sarver, Kobe actually raped someone but still is one of the most worshiped names around the league) Lebron himself acts like he is surprised by this, but being an integral partner of Klutch,(a company vetoed by Sarver by the way, so Lebron is not a bystander here) there is no way he didn’t knew the part of the history that Blanks and Co are now unleashing, moreso he just waited for the moment to strike back.

I’m ranting as well, and I could go on longer, but I’m not trying to actually make a point here, except that I’m not on the side of those wishing the team to implode upon this as a way to take Server Out. Not even cancer merits to ends people’s life.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Knicks rumor about a big push to land Booker. 🤔 I hope the Suns wouldn't be so foolish. Dear Lord.

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors- ... atastrophe
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

He’s not eligible to be traded until next summer anyway.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

That's based on an article which essentially asks which star they think the Knicks will go after next. Total garbage.
Last edited by Shabazz on Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

"Rumor" made up by a beat writer. :roll:

I want to take back my click on that link.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Booker has pretty much planted his roots in Phoenix like Dame did in Portland, why would he want to go play for the Knicks of all teams? Laughable.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Not to mention the Knicks are owned by James Dolan who's also a notorious jackass.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Its like every Laker homer reporter thinking the garbage they have to trade is worth like every player in the league...

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 pm
What is dudes wingspan?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:32 pm
Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:24 pm
What is dudes wingspan?
I know, right? Looks like Stretch Armstrong.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

His wingspan's only around 6-8 but that angle makes it look like he's Javale. Maybe we can call him Mini-McGee.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This is special and is for Saucy. I hope he doesn't tear up on us.
► Show Spoiler
"Be Legendary."