Allegations of racism and misogyny within the Phoenix Suns: Inside Robert Sarver's 17-year tenure as owner

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShadowHawke

Re: Allegations of racism and misogyny within the Phoenix Suns: Inside Robert Sarver's 17-year tenure as owner

Post by ShadowHawke »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:16 am
You know who also did a great job of hiring lots of black women to work for them?

Slave masters.
NBA league and certain players are fine with slavery, as long as they are profiting from the relationship.

SunsRIt

Re: Allegations of racism and misogyny within the Phoenix Suns: Inside Robert Sarver's 17-year tenure as owner

Post by SunsRIt »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:33 pm
JeremyG wrote:
You know who also did a great job of hiring lots of black women to work for them?

Slave masters.
NBA league and certain players are fine with slavery, as long as they are profiting from the relationship.
What the hell are you even taking about?

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:35 pm
ShadowHawke wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Slave masters.
Uyghars in China.

Also include the Fight for Freedom. Stand with Hong Kong Tweet.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

ShadowHawke wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
ShadowHawke wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Slave masters.
Uyghars in China.

So nothing in your home or that you consume is made in China? I would say a majority of the goods consumed in this country right now are made in China.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

SunsRIt wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm
ShadowHawke wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:37 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
ShadowHawke wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Slave masters.
Uyghars in China.

So nothing in your home or that you consume is made in China? I would say a majority of the goods consumed in this country right now are made in China.
As little as possible.

As compared to:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/339 ... sted-there

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:57 pm
Garvin seems like Sarver Jr. from what I’m seeing on Twitter. Can’t say about the racism/misogyny stuff, but from a micromanaging jerk standpoint, he’s the same.
But he's evolving as a person.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Couldn't Silver just appoint Jerry Colangelo as the interim governor?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:42 pm
Ya…if anything, it should have been whoever of the minority owners has the highest stake in the team. That or all the minority owners vote on who represents them. Even if they let Sarver vote, it would still be better than just letting him pick.

I mean Sarver is absolutely just going to be telling this guy what to do, right?
Jahm Najafi has the second highest stake in the team. Technically, even Sarver is a minority owner, since he only owns 35% of the team.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, like that's going to do anything.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://theathletic.com/3596637/2022/09 ... unishment/

Hollinger: Adam Silver botched Robert Sarver’s punishment and news conference. He has a year to fix it
► Show Spoiler
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wow. That's a forceful letter. It seems like momentum is building toward a mass demand that Sarver sell his share of the team. I think players and sponsors and fans and others will all join in. Eventually Sarver may have no other practical choice.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Let’s go! Get him out of there. Problem is I imagine there are a lot of Sarver supporters in the ownership group. What would it take to oust him? Simple majority or what?

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:02 pm
Let’s go! Get him out of there. Problem is I imagine there are a lot of Sarver supporters in the ownership group. What would it take to oust him? Simple majority or what?
I would assume its spelled out in the partnership agreement.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

I agree with the letter. I do have questions.

Not sure how long he has had a stake in the Suns, seems at least 6 years or so, but were you so uninvolved, you had no idea about Sarver's behavior?

No one mentioned anything to you as the second largest stakeholder?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I honestly have no clue what involvement minority owners tend to have. Seems like he never really got along with Sarver, think it’s very possible he didn’t have anything to do with the day to day. I never heard of him until the story came out. Larry Fitzgerald was the only minority owner who’s name I knew.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Gambo mentioned they have been fighting for four years and Sarver has been trying to buy Najafi out

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jahm Najafi wrote:While I have no interest in becoming the managing partner...
I don't believe that for a second.

Everyone is behind him or whoever has some authority to get Sarver out of the organization, but don't lie to people.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:23 pm
Jahm Najafi wrote:While I have no interest in becoming the managing partner...
I don't believe that for a second.

Everyone is behind him or whoever has some authority to get Sarver out of the organization, but don't lie to people.
You're assuming a lot.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695