Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Suns 2022 Off-Season Thread

Post by Wally_West »

Pretty obvious our starting 5 will be CP3-Book-Mikal-CamJ-Ayton for next season but we still need more ball handling, play making and scoring, so here are my 3 controversial trade ideas:

Trade 1) Suns get- Buddy Hield and TJ McConnell
Pacers get- Crowder, Saric and Cam Payne, protected 1st

Trade 2) Suns get- Gordon Hayward
Hornets get- Crowder, Saric, Shamet

This is my preferred crazy ass idea. I think Hayward would check all the boxes for ball handling, playmaking, scoring. He would basically be a super 6th man for us, playing 25-30mins a game, subbing for Book, Mikal and even CamJ in spurts. Big injury risk but when healthy, the offense he would provide would be fantastic. “You can’t pay 30mil for a sixth man” Yeah, yeah, I get it but In this specific situation, I think it’s okay.

Hornets do it because they get off Hayward huge contract, crowder helps with their loss of Miles bridges, plus provides veteran leadership for the young squad. Saric helps with their lack of size and both Crowder and Saric are expiring contracts too. Shamet would be a solid rotational piece for them and his contract is extremely movable and easy to get out of after this year. For these reasons, I think there wouldn’t even be a need to include picks.

Trade 3) Suns get- Duncan Robinson, Max Strus and two 1st round picks.

Heat get- Crowder and Shamet

Strus for Crowder and Shamet and two 1st round picks to take on Duncan Robinson’s disgusting contract 🤢. Maybe two 1st would too high for the heat but I don’t think I’d take take that contract for just one 1st. Strus shooting would be freaking awesome but outside of that, this trade doesn’t address our major needs, it only really helps Crowder get to a place he wants to go, to a team that really wants him.

Edit: And if KD does become available at the deadline then 6 first round picks could be awfully appealing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yikes, Crowder really making it known. Feels like something else must have gone down. If this is simply him being upset because of basic stuff(wouldn’t extend him, told him CamJ is starting, floated him in trades) then he needs to chill. He’s clearly taken something very personal though.

Also for Wally, I don’t hate the idea of Hayward. His talent would fit really well. I don’t trust him to stay healthy though. How much longer is his deal?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Book weighs in on Crowder’s whining:

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Remember when social media wasn't a thing and you didn't see all this crying nonsense from players? I miss those days. Blissful ignorance.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:58 pm
Book weighs in on Crowder’s whining:

Is this for reals? Wow.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What was it? There’s nothing there for me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

How soon they forget. This was a shirt that Pelicans' fans were wearing during our first round series.
Split T wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:02 am
What was it? There’s nothing there for me.
Book showing off his "F*** Jae Crowder" T-Shirt during a playoffs press conference.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

So it was just the picture from before? I remember when he wore it. He didn’t like post it again, did he?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:41 am
So it was just the picture from before? I remember when he wore it. He didn’t like post it again, did he?
No, I was kidding. It's just a straight picture from the presser.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Trading Jae Crowder: Suns got 99 problems, and Bossman is one
BY GERALD BOURGUET SEPTEMBER 24, 2022

https://www.gophnx.com/2022/09/24/jae-c ... e-options/
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No BOSSMAN slander here! He's one of the greatest Suns ever.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I like him a lot but his constant whining this summer has been very unprofessional and bridge-burning.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Won't miss Crowder.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Apparently this is what he's done on several of his stops in his career. Had 1-2 good to great seasons, then turned into a malcontent and left the team under bad circumstances. Pity. I really like him and think he brings a very different edge as starting PF than Cam Johnson: tougher, meaner, not backing down in big playoff games and tough matchups.

But it seems like you have to trade him at this point. Given all these public comments, there's no way he pulls a KD and just comes back and plays hard. Have to trade him while he still has some value.

I still don't like that Tobias Harris trade. It isn't about cheapness, it's about committing that much salary to a mediocre player. I just don't think he's a difference-maker, and he's making big star money. He averages 17.2 PPG on 48/37/84 splits; 6.8 reb; 3.5 ast. For $37m I want more than that. He's not bad, he just isn't worth $37m/year not even for 2 years.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ito02.html

I don't much like the Duncan Robinson deal, either. He doesn't defend and he's one-dimensional. Cam Johnson is a much better player IMO.

Can we trade him to Utah for Clarkson? We need a bench guard who can score.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I guess my question would be why do you care what our new owner spends? Ya Harris is overpaid by a lot, but it’s only 2 years and it doesn’t hurt our ability to make moves. Just adds to the luxury tax bill.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Miami wanted him back before he came here and missed him when he left, thinking they could replace him with Ariza.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They just didn’t want to give him the guaranteed years. I believe they would’ve given him the same salary, just not the years. Keeping their options open for Giannis

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:19 am
Remember when social media wasn't a thing and you didn't see all this crying nonsense from players? I miss those days. Blissful ignorance.
Unless you were Charles Barkley and could go on TV whenever you wanted to talk about being "shopped like a piece of meat." Good times. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:56 am
I guess my question would be why do you care what our new owner spends? Ya Harris is overpaid by a lot, but it’s only 2 years and it doesn’t hurt our ability to make moves. Just adds to the luxury tax bill.
I remember most of y'all caring when it came to spending money on Ayton.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.