Immigration

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Cap

Re: Immigration

Post by Cap »

“Illegal.” Any Hispanic immigrant is an “illegal,” even if they follow all the laws. :roll:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A bit more about these migrant dumpoffs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It’s the GOP. Lying is what they do best.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

On Christmas, such cruelty. They think this is funny, really owning those libs. A whole party defined by what groups of people it hates.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That’s pretty cruel. Sounds about right.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Stephen A. Smith goes off on a new Texas immigration-related law. I don't know that law well myself, so I don't know if I agree with SAS or not. But it's unusual to see him do a whole segment about a law/politics issue.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I have a very good friend who works for I.C.E (Immagration Customs Enforcement) and hearing his perspective is very jaded and frustrating. I have to constantly remind him that if it wasn't for our ancestors, 99% wouldn't even be here. So who are we to judge who stays and goes? Manifest Destiny anyone?!?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:26 am
I have a very good friend who works for I.C.E (Immagration Customs Enforcement) and hearing his perspective is very jaded and frustrating. I have to constantly remind him that if it wasn't for our ancestors, 99% wouldn't even be here. So who are we to judge who stays and goes? Manifest Destiny anyone?!?
I feel like this is a very simplified justification that sounds idealistic, but not realistic, because even those that came through Ellis Island had to follow the immigration laws of the US. Right now, it's unfettered access, no vetting and places that it's happening are completely overrun with 10s of thousands each day now. Many are given plane tickets to anywhere in the country they like, given funds that aren't even given to our vets, and given court dates that are set over 10 years in the future without actually keeping track of their whereabouts. If you don't have borders or immigration laws, you don't really have a country, and the ones that suffer aren't those that live in gated communities, it's the ones in more lower to middle class.

I have a coworker who's husband worked in CBP, and he said it was completely out of control. He left because of threats he was getting from the cartels that are essentially running the border.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:08 am
Kryptonic wrote:
I feel like this is a very simplified justification that sounds idealistic, but not realistic, because even those that came through Ellis Island had to follow the immigration laws of the US. Right now, it's unfettered access, no vetting and places that it's happening are completely overrun with 10s of thousands each day now. Many are given plane tickets to anywhere in the country they like, given funds that aren't even given to our vets, and given court dates that are set over 10 years in the future without actually keeping track of their whereabouts. If you don't have borders or immigration laws, you don't really have a country, and the ones that suffer aren't those that live in gated communities, it's the ones in more lower to middle class.

I have a coworker who's husband worked in CBP, and he said it was completely out of control. He left because of threats he was getting from the cartels that are essentially running the border.
My point to manifest destiny was… once you got in, they ran the natives straight off their land. I hear the same thing from him about all the bad people so I had to remind him that when you try to cut the bad people out, you’re really screwing over the people who may really need to get in and if someone really bad wants to get in, they’ll get in. It’s a slippery slope for sure. The process to get in legitimately is a joke too and so back logged it’s ridiculous… if they want to begin to help the situation, fix the application process. One of the biggest problems my buddy says is everyone that comes through the border likes to claim political persecution because it’s almost a slam dunk for approval. When you see people from middle eastern regions, coming through the south border claiming political persecution it does cause for some serious pause given our last 35 years. Like how and why are you coming that route? Maybe they are legit but you’d be remiss not to think it’s off.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The border is a tough issue, and imo it's one where the Dems fall on their face a lot in terms of both policy and messaging. They tend to run straight to very bleeding-heart language about dreamers and refugees and loving and helping people, etc. Which is sweet and all, but it completely ignores the very real and challenging situation we face at the border. You might not want a wall or kids in cages or whatever, but you can't just 100% kumbaya your way through the situation either.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:22 am
The border is a tough issue, and imo it's one where the Dems fall on their face a lot in terms of both policy and messaging. They tend to run straight to very bleeding-heart language about dreamers and refugees and loving and helping people, etc. Which is sweet and all, but it completely ignores the very real and challenging situation we face at the border. You might not want a wall or kids in cages or whatever, but you can't just 100% kumbaya your way through the situation either.
I totally agree with you on this point and I will further it, as it also sanitizes and ignores some of the real atrocities that are happening and being allowed at the border. Did you know that a little 8 yr old girl was found raped with 67 different samples of DNA inside her? That's beyond acceptable and horrendous.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:21 am
In2ition wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:08 am
Kryptonic wrote:

My point to manifest destiny was… once you got in, they ran the natives straight off their land. I hear the same thing from him about all the bad people so I had to remind him that when you try to cut the bad people out, you’re really screwing over the people who may really need to get in and if someone really bad wants to get in, they’ll get in. It’s a slippery slope for sure. The process to get in legitimately is a joke too and so back logged it’s ridiculous… if they want to begin to help the situation, fix the application process. One of the biggest problems my buddy says is everyone that comes through the border likes to claim political persecution because it’s almost a slam dunk for approval. When you see people from middle eastern regions, coming through the south border claiming political persecution it does cause for some serious pause given our last 35 years. Like how and why are you coming that route? Maybe they are legit but you’d be remiss not to think it’s off.
Yes, part of the problem is being so afraid of past mistakes and atrocities that were committed, that it allows for anything. At what point or how many people do you have to draw a line? What's the limit?

If I were a corrupt leader of a country and didn't want to spend money on my own prison system or mental institutions, so that I could use the money spent there on other things or even pocket the money, I would empty those prisons and send them to the US. Just tell them to claim political pursecution and it's not my problem anymore, and I'm that more rich for it.

Our enemies know that they couldn't do a hardline conventional invasion, so you send your guys in under disguise and infiltrate into every city and topple the US from within, through terrorism or some type of 4th or 5th generational warfare. They've identified numerous terrorists trying to enter.

If you were a Cartel, you could facilitate any type of human smuggling and you are essentially encouraging this type of trafficking and debt slavery that they will be under control for who knows how many years. In fact, they make more in human smuggling than drug smuggling, but that still takes place and it's much easier now, as the CBP is overrun dealing with processing.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Nick Fury, save us!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:50 pm
Nick Fury, save us!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

LOL!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Since this looks like it's going to the Supreme Court.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Supreme Court sided with the Biden admin vs Texas this week. 5-4. Texas still saying they won't comply. This is getting ugly.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

From what I read the only ruling was on the ability of the Feds to cut the razor wire, but the overall suit is still being heard.