Around the League: Week 6 (11/21 - 11/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:17 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:09 am
Wormwood wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:30 am
Suns have a lot of expirings to throw around at more permanent solutions to positional problems, and even depth (as Jae and Dario give us none).

- KD5
- Conley
- Harrison Barnes
- Draymond Green

All seem interesting, though perhaps only Barnes is actually available now. KD will ask out again if things don't turn around sharp-ish, and I don't expect they will. At 6-1, the Suns don't have an urgent need (yet). But if Johnson, Payne, CP3 or Craig are out for any period of time, they will be.

One question though: is COnley part of Utah's long term plans? And with Paul's slow decline, should the Suns think about PG by committee?
And what Conley goes to Minnesota with Crowder (so much needed veteran leadership) D-Lo is sent to Phoenix, and we ship Shamet and Craig/ Payne to Utah with a 1st?

Damion Lee makes Shamet expendable, and D-Lo from the bench it’s a notorious upgrade over Payne. Then Phoenix sent Dario and the Craig/ Payne player let from the Utah trade fie Barnes, and we get:

CP3 / Booker / Mikal / Cam J / Ayton

D-Lo / Lee / Barnes / Landsale

DWJ / Okogie / Byombo

It’s not the KD home run, and I would prefer bringing Collins and Gordon, but it’s more likely this guys are available. ( There is a reason for that though)
I’ve thought about D-Lo…I wouldn’t give up a 1st for him though. 2 2nds, with one coming from Minny should be enough for Utah.
I'm down on D-Lo (as in not interested.) Like somebody else pointed out, you almost forget he's on the Wolves when we play them because his play is so...forgettable.
Ya but if all we’re giving up is Crowder/Saric/Shamet and a 2nd?

He’d be a bench guard for us and he’d play better here I think.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:09 pm
Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wormwood wrote:
Suns have a lot of expirings to throw around at more permanent solutions to positional problems, and even depth (as Jae and Dario give us none).

- KD5
- Conley
- Harrison Barnes
- Draymond Green

All seem interesting, though perhaps only Barnes is actually available now. KD will ask out again if things don't turn around sharp-ish, and I don't expect they will. At 6-1, the Suns don't have an urgent need (yet). But if Johnson, Payne, CP3 or Craig are out for any period of time, they will be.

One question though: is COnley part of Utah's long term plans? And with Paul's slow decline, should the Suns think about PG by committee?
And what Conley goes to Minnesota with Crowder (so much needed veteran leadership) D-Lo is sent to Phoenix, and we ship Shamet and Craig/ Payne to Utah with a 1st?

Damion Lee makes Shamet expendable, and D-Lo from the bench it’s a notorious upgrade over Payne. Then Phoenix sent Dario and the Craig/ Payne player let from the Utah trade fie Barnes, and we get:

DWJ / Okogie / Byombo

It’s not the KD home run, and I would prefer bringing Collins and Gordon, but it’s more likely this guys are available. ( There is a reason for that though)
I’ve thought about D-Lo…I wouldn’t give up a 1st for him though. 2 2nds, with one coming from Minny should be enough for Utah.
I'm down on D-Lo (as in not interested.) Like somebody else pointed out, you almost forget he's on the Wolves when we play them because his play is so...forgettable.
Ya but if all we’re giving up is Crowder/Saric/Shamet and a 2nd?

He’d be a bench guard for us and he’d play better here I think.
Precisely my point, playing against other teams reserves should make him better, and as much as I'm usually prone to include ONE 1st if that is what gets a done deal, the madness on this recent trend of multiples picks and swap are just TOO MUCH future to hand out, specially for just one or two years of real control over a player.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Split T wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Wormwood wrote:

- KD5
- Conley
- Harrison Barnes
- Draymond Green

DWJ / Okogie / Byombo

:(
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

pickle

Post by pickle »

I don’t think Shamet is redundant with Lee. Different players and very different impact on the court. I still like a lot of the guys on Utah, including the obvious gettable ones in Clarkson Olynyk and maybe Vanderbilt, and the two “building blocks” in Sexton and Markannen. At this point Sexton might be a bit more available than I originally thought?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wouldn't want D'Lo Russell here. I would not even want to give up Crowder/Shamet for him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm surprised Book isn't further to the right on this diagram.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:08 am
I'm surprised Book isn't further to the right on this diagram.

OK. I'll believe you.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

pickle wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 pm
I don’t think Shamet is redundant with Lee. Different players and very different impact on the court. I still like a lot of the guys on Utah, including the obvious gettable ones in Clarkson Olynyk and maybe Vanderbilt, and the two “building blocks” in Sexton and Markannen. At this point Sexton might be a bit more available than I originally thought?
Lee and Craig are closer to each other in terms of skillset/impact but it doesn't matter much because Lee's a 2/3 and Craig is primarily a 4 now. Someone like Coby White would be redundant with Payne, Seth Curry would be redundant with Shamet.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well I’d phrase it as Shamet would be redundant as Curry is better

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:02 pm
pickle wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 6:18 pm
Lee and Craig are closer to each other in terms of skillset/impact but it doesn't matter much because Lee's a 2/3 and Craig is primarily a 4 now. Someone like Coby White would be redundant with Payne, Seth Curry would be redundant with Shamet.
Are either of them redundant if they are both flat out upgrades?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:13 pm
Well I’d phrase it as Shamet would be redundant as Curry is better
Shamet is a solid defensive player and Curry not so much. Clearly curry is the better and more confident shooter.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shamet is ok defensively…Curry is a much better shooter.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I do hope that in the longer run whomever takes over the team is not an asshole and knows how to play the human side of the game and we start getting some favorable whistle. I can’t help but think that a bit of lobbying might help us on this end given how guys like Cam, Shamet, and even Ayton are mostly in position but always on the wrong end of 50/50 calls.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

No no no please hire Udoka, I enjoy the dysfunction.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

This seems bad

TOO

Post by TOO »

#FreeAnt
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Minnesota, the new up-and-coming contender, everyone!