Game Day: Suns (8-3) @ Magic (3-9), Fri 11/11/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-3) @ Magic (3-9), Fri 11/11/22

Post by AmareIsGod »

At this point I'd trade Ayton for Brittney Griner's used tampon mailed direct from the Kremlin.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:17 pm
A true sign of aggression from our max center. 5 rebounds, 0 fouls, 0 free throws and 1 3-point attempt. Nice to see him really step up when we're down some players. He's had every opportunity as our max center to step into our number 2 or number 3 with no clear option outside of Booker and has looked like a guy that got paid and has nothing more to prove or contribute.
I'm fairly excited to see Jeremy's argument to the contrary.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Jeremy will point out that Booker didn't have a good game and that there should be more posts calling him out instead of focusing on Ayton.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

What’s the return policy on that contract?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Rough game. Magic are young and long and athletic and just big. And they made 45% of their 3s while we made 31% of ours. Payne had a nice game, some of the bench guys like Landale and Lee played well, but it just felt like we could not get enough stops or generate enough offense. Were down by 10-15 most of the game and just never made a run. Magic are going to be really good in a few years if they don't screw this up.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Pretty sure Ayton has more 3 point attempts than FT attempts this season. I'll need to look it up

Edit: 6 3's. 19 FTs.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:42 pm
Pretty sure Ayton has more 3 point attempts than FT attempts this season. I'll need to look it up

Ya, saw that too...would have been funny if you were right...totally believable, though its not like 19 FTs in 11 or 12 games for the starting center doesn't represent something to brag about...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:46 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:42 pm

Ya, saw that too...would have been funny if you were right...totally believable, though its not like 19 FTs in 11 or 12 games for the starting center doesn't represent something to brag about...
He's averaging 2.3 FTs a game. dominAyton!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Basically how I feel.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Basically how I feel.
Yeah? I guess this was a blip. He's been playing hard, physical basketball. Dunking, rebounding, getting to the foul line. Let's just throw this one away. Anomaly.

Edit: sorry Wally. Just fed up with Ayton this season. As if his inconsistent soft play from the past wasn't bad enough, he's regressed this season.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:05 pm
Wally_West wrote:

Basically how I feel.
Yeah? I guess this was a blip. He's been playing hard, physical basketball. Dunking, rebounding, getting to the foul line. Let's just throw this one away. Anomaly.

Edit: sorry Wally. Just fed up with Ayton this season. As if his inconsistent soft play from the past wasn't bad enough, he's regressed this season.
*Jack Nicholson nod meme*
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

Basically how I feel.
I’m not excusing him at all. He’s been bad but not gonna overreact to games early in November, it’s not like this is the first time he’s had a bad start to a season. The first year with Chris Paul, he basically looked like he never played basketball for most of the season then started playing great at the end and had an absolutely great playoffs. Last year he came in out of shape but then played pretty good for most of the year but with his usual frustrating games. He played fantastic in the Pelicans series and then was dog shit in the maverick series-him and everyone else though. I’m pretty confident that’ll he’ll settle in and be his usual self, which is having in 1-2 frustrating games in between good to very good stretches…but I guess we’ll see lol

Let’s be real here tho, we aren’t going anywhere significant if we’re depending on Ayton and Mikal to be our number 2 option. They are both 3rd or 4th options at best. They are who they are, which is just basically high end role players with a ceiling of players who could be all-stars under the right circumstances, like being an injury replacement or something (one more than the other). Paul was our number 2 but he’s too injury prone and Father Time has probably finally caught up to him now. I’m perfectly fine with trading Mikal or Ayton (sometimes both!) for the right deal and hopefully the right deal comes along before the trade deadline!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Thank god I had a gig tonight

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

Basically how I feel.
I’m not excusing him at all. He’s been bad but not gonna overreact to games early in November, it’s not like this is the first time he’s had a bad start to a season. The first year with Chris Paul, he basically looked like he never played basketball for most of the season then started playing great at the end and had an absolutely great playoffs. Last year he came in out of shape but then played pretty good for most of the year but with his usual frustrating games. He played fantastic in the Pelicans series and then was dog shit in the maverick series-him and everyone else though. I’m pretty confident that’ll he’ll settle in and be his usual self, which is having in 1-2 frustrating games in between good to very good stretches…but I guess we’ll see lol

Let’s be real here tho, we aren’t going anywhere significant if we’re depending on Ayton and Mikal to be our number 2 option. They are both 3rd or 4th options at best. They are who they are, which is just basically high end role players with a ceiling of players who could be all-stars under the right circumstances, like being an injury replacement or something (one more than the other). Paul was our number 2 but he’s too injury prone and Father Time has probably finally caught up to him now. I’m perfectly fine with trading Mikal or Ayton (sometimes both!) for the right deal and hopefully the right deal comes along before the trade deadline!
Agree with the last paragraph

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:24 pm
One of those “one step forward, two steps back” kind of games.
Yep, like the Philly game, frustrating from tip to final buzzer. The Magic were hot from three though. We didn’t handle their length very well.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:25 pm
DA out there gobbling up all the boards. What a monster
Their bigs looked better. By a long shot.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:07 pm
Why did I turn the game on?
Not a great way to spend my Friday night.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:17 pm
A true sign of aggression from our max center. 5 rebounds, 0 fouls, 0 free throws and 1 3-point attempt. Nice to see him really step up when we're down some players. He's had every opportunity as our max center to step into our number 2 or number 3 with no clear option outside of Booker and has looked like a guy that got paid and has nothing more to prove or contribute.
He got his contract. No need to overexert himself.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:37 pm
Rough game. Magic are young and long and athletic and just big. And they made 45% of their 3s while we made 31% of ours. Payne had a nice game, some of the bench guys like Landale and Lee played well, but it just felt like we could not get enough stops or generate enough offense. Were down by 10-15 most of the game and just never made a run. Magic are going to be really good in a few years if they don't screw this up.
Most of the Magic’s misses from three came after the game was no longer in doubt. They are a well coached team. I’m impressed with their coach and execution.
"Be Legendary."