2022 Election Day - Tue 11/8

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Superbone

Re: 2022 Election Day - Tue 11/8

Post by Superbone »

Kelly wins!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Woo hoo! Things are shaping up well so far. Looks like the Dems may get the NV Senate seat, too. Then we'd go into a runoff for the GA Senate race between Warnock and Walker with a 50-49 lead.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I doubt the Dems will keep the House majority. But it's crazy that it is even mathematically possible at this point.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

My faith in our Democracy has been somewhat restored by this election. The red tsunami turned into a ripple. Most of the Maga election deniers were shown the door by America. Their claims of fraud ring hollow. Republicans have grown weary of Trumps antics and there is now a power struggle in the GOP between Trump and DeSantis which is sure to cause fireworks. Trumps and his cult is still as rabid as ever but, the Republican media and non Maga Republicans started to stand up to Trump since his power has clearly waned enough for them to grow a set of balls.

Why people worried about the fate of democracy see hope in the midterms
https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... -midterms/
Concerns over the future of American democracy rivaled the economy as a driving force for many voters who cast a ballot in the midterms, a sign that the Jan. 6 insurrection — and the response to it — remain fresh on voters’ minds.

But for all their faith in a free and fair election this year, an Associated Press poll of those exiting the voting booth found that 44 percent said the future of democracy was one of their primary voting considerations.
“This is the first national election following a violent attempt to overthrow the government,” said Donald Sherman, chief counsel at Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW).
“So it shouldn’t shock anyone that voters came out to express support for protecting our democracy because we were very close to losing it.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trumpers are already outside the vote counting centers shouting at cops. Trump himself has called for a "do-over" on AZ's election due to voting machine problems.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Misinformed idiots.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The Dems will hold the Senate. Amazing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SNL weighs in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Totally healthy normal political party.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And they know that how?
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Because she is losing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The networks are calling the AZ gov election for Katie Hobbs. Kari Lake is OUT!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hook it to my veins.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maga sent packing. I didn’t want Trump to run again but, now I do. He destroys everything he touches and he has his sights set on the GOP now. That’s right Trump. Many in your party are disrespecting you and blaming you for the losses. They want to get rid of you. Are you going to let them get away with that? No, of course not. Time for vengeance. If you can’t have it all then burn it all down.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I want Trump to go away. He's very dangerous and bad for the country and bad for the world. I don't want such a thing left down to the vote in the general election in 2024. You never know if there'd be some gaffe or fluke where he could win again. I just want him gone.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

After the insurrection and then the top secret documents at his home, on top of everything else, how in TF is he even allowed to run again?!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He should be in jail for several different crimes. Dozens of women have claimed sexual assault. Two claimed rape. His lawyer went to prison for paying off Trumps mistress and Trump acts like he had no idea she was paid off. A Trump rape accuser is in court litigating against Trump right now. Epstein recruited a girl from Maro Lago when Epstein and Trump were friends.

Trump brags about not paying taxes. His business was just found guilty of tax evasion. IRS, my apartment is worth $250,000. Bank I’m tying to get a loan from, my apartment is worth $250,000,000.

Extorting the Ukraine should be a crime.

Being the mastermind behind the fake elector scheme should be a crime.

Sending your cult to attack the Capital on election certifying day should be a crime. Refusing to act after their aggression to stop the violence should be a crime.

Collecting donations under the guise of stopping the steal and then pocketing the money should be a crime.

Sending overseas military planes out of their way and to your properties to make a few extra bucks should be a crime.

The FBI is making a new FBI building and the government was going to sell the property to a company that wanted to put a hotel there. Trumps hotel is across the street so Trump stopped the sale while he was President to make sure his hotel didn’t have competition. That should be a crime.

Stealing top secret documents is a crime. They asked for them back nicely. He refused. They sent a subpoena and he gave some back. They did a search warrant and found all kinds of top secret documents he said he didn’t have. He told the press the FBI should have just asked nicely. They did. He refused. Trump said Obama had more docs. The National Archives said Trump is lying. Trump said the FBI planted the documents. The FBI says he’s lying. Trump then said they were all declassified because he declassified them in his head. A bunch of the files are missing and Trump just had the empty folders they went in. How many crimes is that?

And yet he just announced he is running for President again tonight. My hope is that Trump and DeSantis try to kill each other and split the Republican party. My worst nightmare would be a Trump/DeSantis ticket.

Supposedly the DOJ is busy building a rock solid case against Trump. Maybe in a few years they will finish their investigation…