Suns News: Week 5 (11/14 - 11/20)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Suns News: Week 5 (11/14 - 11/20)

Post by Mori Chu »

Last Week's Games
Mon Nov 7 vs Philadelphia 8pm EST NBATV/BSAZ LOSS 100-88 :x
Wed Nov 9 vs Minnesota 8pm EST BSAZ WIN! 129-117 :D
Fri Nov 11 vs Orlando 7pm EST BSAZ LOSS 114-97 :x

This Week's Games
Mon, Nov 14 @ Miami 4:30 PM EST
Wed, Nov 16 vs Golden State 7:00 PM EST
Fri, Nov 18 @ Utah 6:00 PM EST
Sun, Nov 20 vs New York 12:30 PM EST

Suns News
Latest Jae Crowder trade scenarios:
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2022 ... miami-heat

Bleacher Report rips DeAndre Ayton, gives him "D+" for court performance. JeremyG reportedly on life support:
https://www.si.com/nba/suns/news/phoeni ... her-report

Suns made the right decision letting JaVale McGee walk:
https://www.si.com/nba/suns/analysis/ph ... mcgee-walk

Paul questionable (heel), Shamet out (concussion) for 11/14 game at Miami:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ ... 692752002/

AmareIsGod

Re: Suns News: Week 5 (10/14 - 10/20)

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:47 am
Bleacher Report rips DeAndre Ayton, gives him "D+" for court performance. JeremyG reportedly on life support:
LOL.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

"Things he's historically done well have even started spiraling in the wrong direction. Last year, he averaged 1.25 points per possessions as the roll man (72nd percentile) while turning the ball over just 7.5 percent of the time. This season, he's averaging 0.95 points point per possession (21st percentile), with a turnover rate of 16.2. (The latter could be skewed by a climb in moving screen calls, but that's not exactly comforting.)
Ouch! Come on Ayton. Get your head out of your ass!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s clearly mailing it in and has to go. Should have S&T him to Indy for whatever their best offer was

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:28 am
He’s clearly mailing it in and has to go. Should have S&T him to Indy for whatever their best offer was
You can’t *sigh*

He can’t be traded to the pacers until next year due him signing their offer sheet. Like I’ve been saying, not really hopeful for any Ayton trade this year. Too many hurdles.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:56 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:28 am
You can’t *sigh*

He can’t be traded to the pacers until next year due him signing their offer sheet. Like I’ve been saying, not really hopeful for any Ayton trade this year. Too many hurdles.
Ya I know, just saying we should have back in July. I don’t know what the trade would be, but I’d do everything I can to move him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Anyone know the rules for a 3way trade with the Pacers? Could we send DA to the Pacers for Turner with Hield going to the Lakers? Not suggesting it necessarily, just curious about the rules.

I still think Jones may have something in the works.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
LOL.
I'm just kidding on my guy JeremyG. He knows I like Ayton and defend him. But I couldn't resist a little good-natured ribbing.

I was sad that nobody seemed to catch another joke I hid in a previous post of mine. We were talking about Luka and I was listing my MVP candidates and I slipped "Landale" in there. Don't know if anybody caught it.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:56 am
Anyone know the rules for a 3way trade with the Pacers? Could we send DA to the Pacers for Turner with Hield going to the Lakers? Not suggesting it necessarily, just curious about the rules.

I don't think a 3-way gets around the restriction. If we match Indy's offer sheet, we can't include him in any trade to Indiana for 1 year. In other words, Lonely Island was wrong.

Split T

Post by Split T »

But could we send Ayton and Crowder to LA for Westbrook and a 1st, then turn around and send Westbrook to Indy for Turner/McConnell. Then LA sends Ayton to Indy for Hield/Theis.

So not a 3 way trade, but 3 separate trades. Does Ayton being traded to another team lift the restriction on Indiana acquiring him via trade?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mori - gotta change the month dude! We're in November!

Also, this is from last week but don't think it was posted/talked about. Fischer with some reporting that Bojan may still be in play for Crowder.

For teams that backed off Bogdanovic’s trade market this summer in fear of a potential dropoff, whether shooting production or defensive fitness, he could become a top target come February’s deadline. And for teams that were wary of signing Bogdanovic into his mid-30s, his new agreement with Detroit does provide some flexibility for him to be moved once more.

That two-year extension is set to pay Bogdanovic $20 million for the 2023-24 season, before its second year is only guaranteed at $2 million. The deal doesn’t quite make him more tradeable, but it presents a future exit ramp for any suitor that determines its roster is lacking a veteran marksman for this year’s playoff push and beyond. The Pistons opened two more transaction cycles for the league wide market, plus Detroit themselves, to consider Bogdanovic both this upcoming summer and then the 2024 trade deadline as well.

“What it really does is it gives them contract control so it’s easier to trade him in July,” one assistant general manager told Yahoo Sports, “when a team that needs him is far more likely to have cap space and wiggle room.”

The Suns weren’t able to package the right players to strike a deal with Utah, but Phoenix could still construct an offer around Jae Crowder’s salary if the Suns were to revisit obtaining Bogdanovic. Even with Cam Johnson sidelined through the new year by a meniscus surgery, it appears Phoenix and Crowder share no designs on a reunion any time soon.

The Bucks’ interest in Crowder is well known, and Milwaukee has called numerous teams about Grayson Allen’s trade prospects, sources said. Salary-wise, the two wings do fit a direct one-for-one swap, sending Crowder to the new home he desires, and yielding Phoenix the rotation piece its seeking in return for Crowder. But a continued stalemate in Crowder’s market could feasibly push the Suns to alter their approach in holding pat for that key impact player, before this championship window with Chris Paul closes, and attach draft capital to Crowder’s salary if the right addition like Bogdanovic is on the table. This Suns regime hasn't taken that step quite yet, or maybe they’d have already landed longtime flirtation Eric Gordon from Houston, with the Rockets’ known asking price a first-round pick for their veteran.

Mori Chu

Re: Suns News: Week 5 (11/14 - 11/20)

Post by Mori Chu »

Would love to get Bogdanovic. Somehow I don't think they will give him to us for just a Crowder / bantha fodder package. They would probably want picks.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

When is he eligible to be traded?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

carey

Post by carey »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:18 pm
When is he eligible to be traded?
December 15th?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I believe 60 days from when he was last traded…though he may need to wait 90 days from when he signed his extension…so it’s either like next week or late January.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:55 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:15 am
Mori Chu wrote:
LOL.
I'm just kidding on my guy JeremyG. He knows I like Ayton and defend him. But I couldn't resist a little good-natured ribbing.

I was sad that nobody seemed to catch another joke I hid in a previous post of mine. We were talking about Luka and I was listing my MVP candidates and I slipped "Landale" in there. Don't know if anybody caught it.
I saw it. Got quite the chuckle out of it.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Without knowing the full extent of the Crowder situation, it's maybe a little odd to me that we'd try and trade for Bojan for $20mil next season and then possibly lose him in FA or deal with another Crowder type of situation if we don't want to extend him - as opposed to just giving Crowder maybe $20mil over 2 this summer to come off the bench (which he may or may not have agreed to). Bojan offers more size and more offensive versatility but not the same defense and will come at more money next season and still maybe need to come off the bench behind CamJ. Maybe the 1 year at $20mil is more attractive to the FO than Jae for an extra year or two so we can free up more money at once?

Split T

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:38 am
Without knowing the full extent of the Crowder situation, it's maybe a little odd to me that we'd try and trade for Bojan for $20mil next season and then possibly lose him in FA or deal with another Crowder type of situation if we don't want to extend him - as opposed to just giving Crowder maybe $20mil over 2 this summer to come off the bench (which he may or may not have agreed to). Bojan offers more size and more offensive versatility but not the same defense and will come at more money next season and still maybe need to come off the bench behind CamJ. Maybe the 1 year at $20mil is more attractive to the FO than Jae for an extra year or two so we can free up more money at once?
Bojan signed a 2 year extension…he’s under contract for 3 years(though I think year 3 is mostly non-guaranteed). He does seem a little pricey for a bench player, but I think he’s better than Crowder. At least for us he is, he brings a skill set we could really use.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He's only under contract next year 23-24 for $20mil, then the following year 24-25 is guaranteed just $2mil. And he's a year older than Jae.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:56 am

I don't think he's here past the deadline. Jones is smart enough to know you can't have a max player that has as little impact on the game as Ayton has had this year and make a deep run. He waited to match so he could pay as little as possible to help with a future trade/free agent opportunity. If he really wanted him he would have offered him max out of the gate. The writing is on the wall for Ayton I believe. I still think Jones wants to get Durant here and I think he sees that the asking price dropping as the Nets continue to implode.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."