Game Day: Suns (8-4) @ Heat (6-7), Mon 11/14/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-4) @ Heat (6-7), Mon 11/14/22

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:47 pm
Or just fucking try something different to develop for the playoffs,give DA looks in the post or force feed Mikal off the elbow. Let them fail because they’re growing, not fail because we’re doing the same shit as the last two years that didn’t work!!! How many times are we just going to wait for booker to get fucking trapped and panic. Then the guys surrounding him are a deer in headlights because the game plan was to stay the hell away from the ball..
I thought Payne lost his aggressiveness at the end. They can't let the other team focus on Book. The others need to be able to produce at the end of games.
Didn't he go 1-7 in the 4th, and wasn't facilitating to really anyone else like Ayton or Mikal? I could be wrong, as I am going by what I was told on this. I'm guessing that may have something to do with it.
That's his problem. He's got to learn to be a shooter where the next shot is going in. I saw him get close to the rim at the end of the game and pass it back out. He's got to shoot that whether he's 1-7 or 7-1.
I don't think anyone is expecting him to make 7 field goals out of 1 attempt. :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:18 pm
Overall, I thought most of the guys played well, including Ayton (though only 13 combined FRBS). Torrey was all over the place. I didn’t realize Payne had shot that poorly until after the game (9 points on 17 shots. Barf). Those 3-4 missed point blank layups early in the game ended up costing us.

No rest for Book in the second half again. What are we doing here?
Are you counting all the blocks that don't get counted, though? :P

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:39 pm
Well, I could see that coming when the Heat made the big run in the 4th. Ayton totally losing Bam who came in unimpeded for the put back killed us.
The only reason there was a putback opportunity in the first place was because Ayton altered Lowry's shot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:41 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:35 pm
I went back and watched the final 5 minutes to refresh my memory. On the last play the ball started with Payne, Booker came around a screen to get the ball and was trapped and fouled while passing back to Payne. They inbounded to Booker who made a quick move, the Heat showed help and that’s when Booker passed to Payne and the video above shows the rest. So no standing around on that play.

To your credit, with about 2:00 left, the suns held the ball and Booker was trapped, tried to pass to Mikal but it was deflected into the backcourt. Mikal retrieved it, but had to heave it to avoid a shot clock violation. That was an ugly play.

They did have a good set play on the next possession that resulted in a Booker 3.

Let me just apologize, I must have been in a bad mood yesterday and I’m not sure why something so little set me off. I was still encouraged by how Booker played this game, especially against the trap. Gave me some hope and I’m intrigued by the Mikal developments. I get that they are baby steps and you’re wanting bigger developments, I do too. Let’s hope they get there.
In those five minutes you rewatched how many times was Mikal the initial look on offense? DA? Seriously
I don’t think there was any. It was all run for Payne or Booker. It would be nice to see it more in crunch time. I’m ok with getting them first 45 minutes reps first, but at some point they do need to be able to step up at the end of games. Book and Payne were getting good looks though.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:40 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:41 pm
Split T wrote:
I went back and watched the final 5 minutes to refresh my memory. On the last play the ball started with Payne, Booker came around a screen to get the ball and was trapped and fouled while passing back to Payne. They inbounded to Booker who made a quick move, the Heat showed help and that’s when Booker passed to Payne and the video above shows the rest. So no standing around on that play.

To your credit, with about 2:00 left, the suns held the ball and Booker was trapped, tried to pass to Mikal but it was deflected into the backcourt. Mikal retrieved it, but had to heave it to avoid a shot clock violation. That was an ugly play.

They did have a good set play on the next possession that resulted in a Booker 3.

Let me just apologize, I must have been in a bad mood yesterday and I’m not sure why something so little set me off. I was still encouraged by how Booker played this game, especially against the trap. Gave me some hope and I’m intrigued by the Mikal developments. I get that they are baby steps and you’re wanting bigger developments, I do too. Let’s hope they get there.
In those five minutes you rewatched how many times was Mikal the initial look on offense? DA? Seriously
I don’t think there was any. It was all run for Payne or Booker. It would be nice to see it more in crunch time. I’m ok with getting them first 45 minutes reps first, but at some point they do need to be able to step up at the end of games. Book and Payne were getting good looks though.
Bingo. Payne is a priority over Mikal/DA, which really means Monty has no plan and that’s a problem.. if we don’t make trades OR even attempt develop Mikal/DA to perform under pressure , we’re toast

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:40 pm
Split T wrote:

I don’t take anything personally and tone doesn’t convey in text so hope you understand I don’t mean anything personally either.
If I didn’t come here to argue about sports with all you idiots and your terrible takes, it wouldn’t be fun for me and I might as well not visit
You shouldn’t be so hard on your terrible takes. :lol: Hedo? Is that you?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:40 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:09 am
What is with the offensive set where Ayton sets up about 4 feet outside the key behind the basket? What purpose does that serve besides take him completely out of the offense and out of position to get a rebound? I have seen it over and over lately. It doesn’t seem like a good plan. Thoughts?
Behind the basket? Are you talking about an inbounds play?
Not an inbounds play. Just a regular offensive set. Watch for it tonight.
He’s literally behind the basket? Makes no sense to me. But I will be looking.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:59 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

I don’t take anything personally and tone doesn’t convey in text so hope you understand I don’t mean anything personally either.
If I didn’t come here to argue about sports with all you idiots and your terrible takes, it wouldn’t be fun for me and I might as well not visit
Mr Fool himself has arrived! Welcome!

- the expert

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

- the expert
You forgot to put “expert” in quotes.

-The Motorboater
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:19 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

- the expert
You forgot to put “expert” in quotes.

-The Motorboater
:lol:

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
:lol:
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
I can start posting worse takes if it would make you feel better. I know it must be frustrating to read all my posts and be like, "Ugh! Why isn't that guy ever wrong?!?"

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
I can start posting worse takes if it would make you feel better. I know it must be frustrating to read all my posts and be like, "Ugh! Why isn't that guy ever wrong?!?"
Every time you post all that comes through is “I have a boner for two things: The Warriors and the upper body of Ricky with the thicc lower body of Luka.”

I’m not sure if it’s a site glitch or what. I’m operating on a Mac OS and primarily use Google chrome. Can you look into it?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:42 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Every time you post all that comes through is “I have a boner for two things: The Warriors and the upper body of Ricky with the thicc lower body of Luka.”

I’m not sure if it’s a site glitch or what. I’m operating on a Mac OS and primarily use Google chrome. Can you look into it?
LOL. What version of Chrome are you on?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:42 pm

Not finding any site bugs. Sometimes we see what we want to see, you know? Maybe it's just the real you coming through.