Suns News: Week 5 (11/14 - 11/20)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
djy2j

Re: Suns News: Week 5 (11/14 - 11/20)

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:41 am
djy2j wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:31 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:22 am
Simmons is a broken man. There's no value in acquiring him on his current bloated contract. If he ever becomes valuable, it'll be after that contract is up and he goes to some contending team as a minimum or near-minimum FA. That's probably his one chance to be a net positive again and resurrect his career. But no point in giving up actual assets and wasting that much cap on him.
There is now way I'd want Simmons on my team, even if he were playing for free. This man is a fraud. He is lazy and I do think he has lied about his mental and physical condition at times. He's a liability an and off the court. He's squandered every opportunity hes had to this point. The best thing for him were to get cut and have to go play overseas to see what it really takes to be a pro ball player.
You don’t think how things have gone for him since leaving Philly give credence to his mental condition? I think they broke him mentally and he’s always seemed to be a bit fragile.

I do think he was purposefully problematic and unwilling to cooperate though.
Yes, I'm sure what happened kinda messed him up mentally. I wish he would have handled it better and took the help that was offered to him instead of whatever this is. I don't root for people to feel mental anguish but it becomes hard to root for someone who appears to be dishonest and working the system in their favor. Hope he grows up and gets right. I don't see it happening though.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:54 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:41 am
djy2j wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:31 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:22 am
Simmons is a broken man. There's no value in acquiring him on his current bloated contract. If he ever becomes valuable, it'll be after that contract is up and he goes to some contending team as a minimum or near-minimum FA. That's probably his one chance to be a net positive again and resurrect his career. But no point in giving up actual assets and wasting that much cap on him.
There is now way I'd want Simmons on my team, even if he were playing for free. This man is a fraud. He is lazy and I do think he has lied about his mental and physical condition at times. He's a liability an and off the court. He's squandered every opportunity hes had to this point. The best thing for him were to get cut and have to go play overseas to see what it really takes to be a pro ball player.
You don’t think how things have gone for him since leaving Philly give credence to his mental condition? I think they broke him mentally and he’s always seemed to be a bit fragile.

I do think he was purposefully problematic and unwilling to cooperate though.
Yes, I'm sure what happened kinda messed him up mentally. I wish he would have handled it better and took the help that was offered to him instead of whatever this is. I don't root for people to feel mental anguish but it becomes hard to root for someone who appears to be dishonest and working the system in their favor. Hope he grows up and gets right. I don't see it happening though.
Yes I think he was definitely trying to work the system a bit with his actions.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He doesn’t like playing NBA basketball, and possibly doesn’t really care to play the sport in general.

Save all the mental health and sports psychologist takes, that’s the real root of his issues on the court.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Would you all do this?

Suns- KD, Ben Simmons

Nets- Ayton, CamJ, Crowder, Shamet, Dario, Craig and 4 1st rounders?

Line-up would be:
CP3- Book-Mikal-KD-Biz

Payne- DWJ- Lee- Simmons- Landale.

Maybe even use Simmons as a small ball 5.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:25 pm
Would you all do this?

Suns- KD, Ben Simmons

Line-up would be:
CP3- Book-Mikal-KD-Biz

No way I’m giving up all that to take on Ben Simmons. Erase everything you remember him doing from your memory. That guy isn’t coming back.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Would you all do this?

Suns- KD, Ben Simmons

Line-up would be:
CP3- Book-Mikal-KD-Biz

If taking Simmons helps us get KD, I’m all in

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hell nah

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Ben Simmons is untouchable

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:01 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:23 pm
Not sure where to ask this question so please feel free to move mods. Anyone else experiencing having to log back in here multiple times a day?
If you don't mind my asking: What kind of computer do you use? What operating system, and what browser? Do you have any browser extensions or plugins installed such as "security" software or "privacy" enhancers?
I think it's just my phone browser (Chrome, Android). Doesn't happen on the desktop with Edge. I'll check out what's going on there. Probably something weird. No worries!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:15 pm
He doesn’t like playing NBA basketball, and possibly doesn’t really care to play the sport in general.

Save all the mental health and sports psychologist takes, that’s the real root of his issues on the court.
Bullshit.

We both know if he got some very personal spankings from you, he'd be just fine.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:41 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Would you all do this?

Suns- KD, Ben Simmons

Line-up would be:
CP3- Book-Mikal-KD-Biz

No way I’m giving up all that to take on Ben Simmons. Erase everything you remember him doing from your memory. That guy isn’t coming back.
Correct. There is only the ghost of Ben Simmons. He is untradeable. Only way I see him getting moved is if they get so desperate and they do some sort of of straight up Russ for Simmons trade with Simmons going to the Lakers to try and have LeBron fix him. But no picks and no valuable assets will be coming the Nets way for Simmons any time soon. Again, if I'm a GM I'm not touching him.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

pickle

Post by pickle »

At this point Simmons is a worse contract than Russ.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:13 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:15 pm

Bullshit.

We both know if he got some very personal spankings from you, he'd be just fine.
Nah. I'm not into staging my image for social media.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

INFORMER

Re: Suns News: Week 5 (10/14 - 10/20)

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:56 pm
You can't just let Ayton walk away for nothing in restricted free agency. He is a valuable asset.
He isn't a valuable asset if he is underperforming on a max deal. There wasn't significant interest in Ayton on his rookie deal or as a free agent; maxing him doesn't increase his value.

My preference was to sign and trade him, but I was open to letting him walk. Of course, that would have required Jones to actually have a plan outside of Kevin Durant and not drag his feet on a Crowder deal.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:42 pm
I have no interest in KAT honestly
Yeah, I wouldn't be too happy with that route either. He is an incredible talent, but his playoff performances have been lackluster, and his defensive deficiencies are well-chronicled.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I would honestly take Poeltl/McDermott/Richardson/1st at this point. I’d want Vassell, but like you said earlier Inf, I don’t think SA would move him.
Last edited by Split T on Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 am
I’m trying to decide if Simmons would be worth trading for. I’m thinking no…he’s too expensive and seems broken. I think for the right team it might be worth trying to buy low and rehabilitate him, but we don’t really have the time to do that. Still if all it took was taking on his contract for Crowder/Saric/Shamet because Brooklyn just wants to dump him, I guess I’d do that.
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:05 am
Simmons has been on track towards this for years. He’s never evolved to become a better player and has lost his focus and effort. Regardless, he’s not a player worth having if your team chemistry is shaky on the court and in the locker room.
I am sort of concluding that this version of the Suns isn’t getting out of the first round given the large question marks hanging over their head. I get the feeling Book is just putting his head down and balling through it.
I think Simmons has great potential as a role player, and Monty could probably use him well.

I don't think he makes sense with Ayton on the team, but if Ayton were moved, Simmons could work here. I don't think I would trade for him this season, but maybe next season. It's easier to take on the risk if you know he is entering his final year the follow season. But taking on the risk with TWO more years after this one; that is too much for my liking.