Suns News: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
sunset rubdown

Re: Suns News: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by sunset rubdown »

Deandre Ayton, public enemy #1 in Arizona. I hope he gets traded as soon as possible, for our fans' sanity.

Seriously, he Is more hated than Robert Horry and Morris bros combined.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

sunset rubdown wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:27 pm
Deandre Ayton, public enemy #1 in Arizona. I hope he gets traded as soon as possible, for our fans' sanity.

Let's not overdo it. You have to admit it's frustrating when the more money he gets paid, the less productive he becomes. Also, we missed out on two generational talents with our first ever #1 pick in the draft.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

sunset rubdown wrote:

I don’t hate Ayton…I don’t even dislike him..he’s just incredibly frustrating to cheer for. We’ve got a bunch of players who live and breath basketball and then we’ve got Ayton who has more natural gifts than anyone on the team but can’t be bothered to give full effort for more than a quarter it seems.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:40 pm
sunset rubdown wrote:

Let's not overdo it. You have to admit it's frustrating when the more money he gets paid, the less productive he becomes. Also, we missed out on two generational talents with our first ever #1 pick in the draft.
It`s frustrating, sure, however I will wait a little longer before making my mind about his season. I wouldn`t be surprised his ankle still bothers him hence lack of effort.

I am Suns` fan since 1993 and we didn`t have a player to whom our fans turn their back so quickly and we are talking about player who was one of the main cogs in our run to the Finals last year, not some Kwame Brown bust.

I am curious to hear who is the second generational talent from that draft, Bone? Trae? Shai?

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:53 pm
sunset rubdown wrote:

I don’t hate Ayton…I don’t even dislike him..he’s just incredibly frustrating to cheer for. We’ve got a bunch of players who live and breath basketball and then we’ve got Ayton who has more natural gifts than anyone on the team but can’t be bothered to give full effort for more than a quarter it seems.
Again, I will wait full season to see if it`s lack of effort indeed or some kind of injury he is carrying right now.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

sunset rubdown wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:54 pm
Superbone wrote:
sunset rubdown wrote:

It`s frustrating, sure, however I will wait a little longer before making my mind about his season. I wouldn`t be surprised his ankle still bothers him hence lack of effort.

I am Suns` fan since 1993 and we didn`t have a player to whom our fans turn their back so quickly and we are talking about player who was one of the main cogs in our run to the Finals last year, not some Kwame Brown bust.

I am curious to hear who is the second generational talent from that draft, Bone? Trae? Shai?
Yes, Young.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
sunset rubdown wrote:

Yep.

Big Andrew Bynum vibes. Not even sure he likes basketball
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:42 pm
Split T wrote:
sunset rubdown wrote:

Yep.

Big Andrew Bynum vibes. Not even sure he likes basketball
We know he at least likes it. He likes to dominate in 2K.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:04 pm

It’s like a mirror image of DA.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:45 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:27 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:10 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:34 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:23 am

He has, but he’s also made comments saying this is how he’s planning to play now, so we’ll see.
I thought you never believe his talk? :lol:
I don’t know that I’ve ever said that. I always get hopeful that the Ayton talk will actually prove true, but I’ve been disappointed every time. But this is also an easier thing to believe. He’s not talking about showing us unseen skills, he’s talking about continuing to do something he’s already doing.
Two games later...0.5 fouls per game.

And...just like clockwork...we're already getting posts on here complaining about "ZERO FOULS."

What did I say? Y'all are too predictable. :lol:
Not from me. You can’t quote me and then use contradictory posts from other posters to call me out.

What’s predictable is you coming to Ayton’s defense when he is playing like garbage. Can you honestly say Ayton is playing well right now? I’m curious what you think.
I was only quoting you on whether the foul trouble would continue or not.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

sunset rubdown wrote:

Superbone wrote:
Let's not overdo it.
Agreed, 'bone. Ayton is very disappointing, but he is nowhere near L---ley, Horry, the Morris Twins, Bledsoe, or Hedo.

Personally, I don't have any ill-will against Horry. He got us to Ceballos, who I loved, and he was barely here long enough to do any lasting damage. I have stronger negative feelings towards Trevor Ariza than I do Robert Horry in terms of their Suns tenure.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There are so many worse Suns than Ayton. Even a guy like Eric Bledsoe triggers much more "F that guy" energy from me than Ayton ever will.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I'm sure it won't happen, but while Paul is out, i wouldn't be opposed to starting Jock or Bismack at C and Ayton at PF for a game or two. DA just seems not fully engaged, and I wonder if changing things up a little might give home a jolt.

And this isn't an indictment of how Craig has been playing; I think he's been filling in very well.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:09 pm
There are so many worse Suns than Ayton. Even a guy like Eric Bledsoe triggers much more "F that guy" energy from me than Ayton ever will.
But we didnt spend the number 1 pick on Bledsoe. He just "didn't wanna be here". Ayton is playing worse after getting a big contract. He's avoiding contact like the opposing players will pass him herpes or something.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I think it might be the ankle, honestly. He was doing pretty well before then.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:03 pm
The organization is pretty closed-mouthed about that sort of thing so we probably wouldn't hear if it was the case.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:03 pm
I sure hope so. Otherwise it's inexcusable how bad he's been relative to how much we're paying him and injuries opening up opportunities for him to step it up.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

pickle

Post by pickle »

I thought he was being pretty aggressive in the Warriors game. Outcome wasn’t so great but he tried to put the ball on the floor at least twice.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's not a problem specific to one game for me. It's not an issue so much with his scoring and offense. It's the continued decline in FT attempts and rebounding numbers.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton