2022 Election Day - Tue 11/8

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: 2022 Election Day - Tue 11/8

Post by Mori Chu »

DOJ had better hurry up. What's the delay at this point? They have plenty of evidence.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They don’t discuss anything with outsiders. All we can do is wait.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump-backed Republican kicked out of Wis. Assembly caucus
https://apnews.com/article/biden-wiscon ... osition_03
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The Republican chair of the Wisconsin Assembly elections committee who was backed by former President Donald Trump, embraced conspiracy theories about the 2020 election and wanted to decertify President Joe Biden’s victory, has been kicked out of the closed GOP caucus because her colleagues don’t trust her, according to a letter sent to the lawmaker.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Trump junior…

Kari Lake declines to concede, says she’s assembling legal team
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... egal-team/
“Rest assured, I have assembled the best and brightest legal team and we are exploring every avenue to correct the many wrongs that have been done this past week,” Lake said in a video address posted Thursday morning. “I’m doing everything in my power to right these wrongs.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, another sore loser.
"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

This was as predictable as the sun coming up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I mean, she did tell us ahead of time before the first vote was cast.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:57 am
Trump junior…

Kari Lake declines to concede, says she’s assembling legal team
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... egal-team/
“Rest assured, I have assembled the best and brightest legal team and we are exploring every avenue to correct the many wrongs that have been done this past week,” Lake said in a video address posted Thursday morning. “I’m doing everything in my power to right these wrongs.”
Legal team is Dewey, Cheatam & Howe ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Ha!

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I hear Lionel Hutz is available.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I mean, of course they are screaming fraud. This is the new GOP; denial of elections and their results (only when Democrats win) is becoming the norm, hardly even worth commenting on any more. Sad.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I don’t know about that. Trump obviously started it but, that technique has failed miserably for him and his minions and has made them look like lying cheating con artists to many Americans. The GOP is in total disarray right now. They have absolutely no idea what they stand for and are being torn apart from within. Trump now has so much baggage he is carrying around that the GOP is dumping him for the newer younger less toxic DeSantis. The right wing media has turned on him too. Trump won’t go down without a fight and as we all know he doesn’t care about the damage he will cause to his party because he only cares about his party, himself.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:15 am
I don’t know about that. Trump obviously started it but, that technique has failed miserably for him and his minions and has made them look like lying cheating con artists to many Americans. The GOP is in total disarray right now. They have absolutely no idea what they stand for and are being torn apart from within. Trump now has so much baggage he is carrying around that the GOP is dumping him for the newer younger less toxic DeSantis. The right wing media has turned on him too. Trump won’t go down without a fight and as we all know he doesn’t care about the damage he will cause to his party because he only cares about his party, himself.
I disagree with that part. They still stand for lessening the tax burden on their corporate donors which enable them to become wealthy via "public service". Also, the christo-fascist stuff is appealing to a lot of them, so they've weaponized in politics because there are a lot of morons who believe that garbage.

But they have no policy that improves a broad spectrum of American's daily life.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

GOP election deniers in AZ demanding a recount. Confederate flag on full display (was AZ a confederate state? hmm that's news to me)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Arizona was a confederate territory.

Still, this is an an embarassement for all Americans.

Not as embarassing as Kari Lake, but close.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

There's no real consequence for spouting lies about election fraud. So why shouldn't Kari Lake do that? It just builds her brand as a "fighter." The alternative is admitting that you're a loser.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Maga would never forgive her if she didn’t cry fraud. It’s expected of her and she delivered. She and Trump know it’s all BS but, that’s what they are selling.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It looks like Sen. Warnock (D) is on track to defeat Herschel Walker (R) in the Georgia Senate runoff today.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kari Lake is still acting like she hasn't lost her election:

Honestly this is just pathetic. Republicans adopting this "never admit you lost an election" tactic is really lame and stinks of being a thin-skinned sore loser. You lost. Just take your L and go home.