Game Day: Warriors (6-8) @ Suns (8-5), Wed 11/16/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: Game Day: Warriors (6-8) @ Suns (8-5), Wed 11/16/22

Post by Drewsprocket »

I fear Ayton lacks a lot of the focus and energy to keep himself locked into his roll. IDK why. Many have suggested that it’s his expectation that he needs to be more of a featured part in the offense to take action. He just seems a second too slow to being decisive with which move to make on a consistent basis. Like whether to drive to the paint or turn around hook. It’s like playing 2k for the first with your favorite player.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:59 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:32 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:36 pm
We are really trying to feed Ayton right now. He’s 1-4 with a turnover and a Craig turnover trying to get it to him on 6 possessions.
Yeah he struggled a bit, but so what? That's how you develop players. It's not going to help his confidence or motivation when he still worked hard to get into good position on the possessions after that and they refused to give it to him two possessions in a row.
I don’t think giving him the ball and letting him take hook shots over smaller players is much in the way of development. If that’s all he’s gonna do and miss the shot anyways, that’s not helping. I’m all for feeding him the ball if he’s making them, but when he’s not you gotta try something else. Now if he’s putting the ball on the floor or bullying these little guys underneath the rim and missing I can live with that. He’s then at least trying to expand his game and learn something.

90% of big men would either get an easy dunk/lay-in or a foul when in the post with Curry on them…How did Ayton end up with a 10 foot hook? It’s indefensible
He’s a bitch I really hope we have a plan come dec 15

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not going to say Ayton had a strong performance last night. But I do think the team has a problem where Ayton will get inside position and raise his hand, often with a smaller defender switched onto him, and they won't pass him the ball. They should. You guys will probably reply and say that they aren't passing it to him because he would just take a wussy hook shot and he's soft and he has a vagina and whatever other trash talk about him. But you have to give your big man the ball in a position like that. Our guards don't really do that, other than CP3 who's out. Not putting all the blame on the guards; Ayton does make mistakes and poor decisions sometimes when he gets the ball, he isn't aggressive enough, all of that is true. But you have to feed the guy when he has inside position, you just have to.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:22 pm
I'm not going to say Ayton had a strong performance last night. But I do think the team has a problem where Ayton will get inside position and raise his hand, often with a smaller defender switched onto him, and they won't pass him the ball. They should. You guys will probably reply and say that they aren't passing it to him because he would just take a wussy hook shot and he's soft and he has a vagina and whatever other trash talk about him. But you have to give your big man the ball in a position like that. Our guards don't really do that, other than CP3 who's out. Not putting all the blame on the guards; Ayton does make mistakes and poor decisions sometimes when he gets the ball, he isn't aggressive enough, all of that is true. But you have to feed the guy when he has inside position, you just have to.
But when they give it to him and he launches a wussy hook shot using his vagina when he has a 5ft6 player guarding him, it's a wasted possession. You can throw it down to him over and over when he has inside position with his arm up but if he's going to stuff the ball in his vagina and try to launch it out of his vagina softly at the hoop and miss without drawing a foul, it's extremely frustrating.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Please go rewatch the first 5-6 minutes of the 2nd half. We fed him often and he did not do well.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In your face!

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:26 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
But when they give it to him and he launches a wussy hook shot using his vagina when he has a 5ft6 player guarding him, it's a wasted possession. You can throw it down to him over and over when he has inside position with his arm up but if he's going to stuff the ball in his vagina and try to launch it out of his vagina softly at the hoop and miss without drawing a foul, it's extremely frustrating.
And if he made the shot nobody would be complaining. Again, if he makes 50% of them, how is it a wasted possession?

Also, you all are so focused on the shot, that you didn't notice the fact that in previous years he would have turned the ball over when doubled like that. Instead, he did a nice pass fake to Craig to get the double team (Klay) to leave him:

"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:52 pm
In your face!

It's too bad these are useless and don't count because they don't involve a flashy block:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID= ... ump%20Shot

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?CFID= ... ump%20Shot
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

He challenged two jump shots. Why is this noteworthy?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.