Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by ShelC »

I think his athleticism and the numbers he was putting up early on caught people by surprise. Is he helping a team win tho? Feels a little Christian Wood-ish, who some people love but teams seem hesitant to commit to?

pickle

Post by pickle »

Wood was a malcontent who doesn’t play any defense. Collins actually played pretty solid if unspectacular defense last year. He’s not a rim protector but he put in the effort and was by all accounts a good teammate, other than one incident (that I can recall) where he called out Trae. I don’t think he can be a number two on a championship team, but he definitely addresses a ton of our issues and is young enough that he can be part of our core moving forward. I get that the contract is an issue, but as a player I have much higher hopes for him than for Kuzma.

Split T

Post by Split T »

pickle wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:01 pm
Wood was a malcontent who doesn’t play any defense. Collins actually played pretty solid if unspectacular defense last year. He’s not a rim protector but he put in the effort and was by all accounts a good teammate, other than one incident (that I can recall) where he called out Trae. I don’t think he can be a number two on a championship team, but he definitely addresses a ton of our issues and is young enough that he can be part of our core moving forward. I get that the contract is an issue, but as a player I have much higher hopes for him than for Kuzma.
I think Collins has a higher upside, but I think Kuzma would fill a role better. Can Collins be a #2 next to Booker? Maybe…Booker/Bridges/Collins is a decent core moving forward. Kuzma isn’t a star, but I think he’d fit and help this current team more than Collins.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Kuzma is more of a role player and has a reputation as a three point shooter so indeed I agree that he plugs in more seamlessly. But I’d consider putting up a protected first for Collins on top of salaries but wouldn’t go that far for Kuzma.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Not sure why anyone would want Kuzma instead of Collins. What we're missing is a big, long PF who is mobile enough to not be a liability on the perimeter, can shoot the long ball a bit, and can protect the basket and rebound when Ayton is caught on the perimeter defending a shooter (how 5-out teams game plan for us, by the way). I love the idea of Collins.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't even know what Kuzma's position is. Can he play PF?
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Speak of the devil

pickle

Post by pickle »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:28 pm
I don't even know what Kuzma's position is. Can he play PF?
He’s basically been playing the 4 since his first year in the league. My concern with him is the Laker stink, which is a bit unfair but I’m a Suns fan, so … he came into the league with Clarkson and DLo and got used to the limelight, and honestly that massive pink sweater is a bit too flamboyant for my taste. I guess I still prefer for national pundits to overlook the Suns and don’t want guys like him to draw random attention that isn’t basketball related to this team. Not sure if this makes any sense, think I’m just rambling for the most part.

Split T

Post by Split T »

virtual9mm wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:23 pm
Not sure why anyone would want Kuzma instead of Collins. What we're missing is a big, long PF who is mobile enough to not be a liability on the perimeter, can shoot the long ball a bit, and can protect the basket and rebound when Ayton is caught on the perimeter defending a shooter (how 5-out teams game plan for us, by the way). I love the idea of Collins.
It honestly sounds like you are describing Kuzma when talking about what we are missing. I would consider Kuzma the better perimeter defender. He’s longer than Collins and is also out rebounding Collins so far this year. He’s not a shot blocker or the rim pressure guy Collins is, but he’s a better shot creator and play maker.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Kuzma > Collins, easily.

I was completely out on Kuzma about 3 years ago but now I think he'd be a great starting PF for this Suns team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:44 pm
Kuzma > Collins, easily.

I was completely out on Kuzma about 3 years ago but now I think he'd be a great starting PF for this Suns team.
He's a very solid basketball player now. Got outta LA and grew up.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yeah I'm on the Kuzma side here also

I know Collins athleticism is legit but don't think he consistently a rim protector on the weak side. Their on ball defense I would say is a wash which then leaves the O

Collins obviously a good pick n roll finisher and has a decent j to pick and pop but I feel Kuz would be much better at making decisions/moves off the dribble and has the ability to push the ball in open court from the forward spot
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think the important thing to note is that the report said that Phoenix was interested in Kuzma; I don't think there is any indication that Washington wants to move him. He has been great so far this year, I don't see Washington moving him for anything the Suns would offer.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:34 am
I think the important thing to note is that the report said that Phoenix was interested in Kuzma; I don't think there is any indication that Washington wants to move him. He has been great so far this year, I don't see Washington moving him for anything the Suns would offer.
Maybe if they decide they want to tank and be in the Wembanyama sweepstakes...

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Nope. They've invested heavily in that team and are trying to put a winning product around Beal. Maybe if they are hit with massive injuries and go on a long losing steak, they might look to do something like that. But right now, they're a playoff team, Kuzma is one of their best players, and his age puts him perfectly in Beal's timeline.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya they’d have to be upgrading Kuzma to move him I think. Crowder isn’t an upgrade. Maybe they’d be looking into Collins who could be seen as an upgrade…then we jump in and snag Kuzma by sending Atlanta Crowder.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Is there some plausible scenario where we send Crowder to the Wolves to get Reid and something? Maybe Slomo?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I get that teams want to maintain good player relations. But I don't know why you pay Jae Crowder to refuse to play. If the team was forcing him to sit out so they could trade him or keep him from getting injured, fine. But he refuses to play! He's not honoring his contract! Fine his ass and keep his money. Fuck him.