All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Kryptonic »

TOO wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:41 pm
I wouldn't offer any firsts in an Ayton OG trade. No chance.
Agreed.... Guards are a dime a dozen in this league; big men, not so much.

Split T

Post by Split T »

OG isn’t a guard

TOO

Post by TOO »

I like OG, he's an upgraded Bridges, but as much as I dislike Ayton I do not believe the difference in the 2 is a first unless is protected to the high heavens.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I don’t even think OG is better than Mikal, pretty even. He seems like cry baby tbh. Not interested but I trade Ayton and all the picks for Siakim, yes please.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:06 pm
OG isn’t a guard
My bad... Was thinking of FVV for some odd reason.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just think OG has a higher trade value than Ayton. If we send Ayton plus our 2023 1st, we’d enter the summer with all our picks again and now have more assets to trade. Now if KD says he wants out(Or some other star), we’ve got Mikal, OG, 4 1sts, and potentially a CamJ S&T we can use to make an offer. Plus Shamet’s 1 guaranteed year left.

I think that’s more appealing than an Ayton based package.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:35 pm
I just think OG has a higher trade value than Ayton. If we send Ayton plus our 2023 1st, we’d enter the summer with all our picks again and now have more assets to trade. Now if KD says he wants out(Or some other star), we’ve got Mikal, OG, 4 1sts, and potentially a CamJ S&T we can use to make an offer. Plus Shamet’s 1 guaranteed year left.

Ayton’s value goes up in the playoffs. Especially now that Denver is rising up. Ayton is someone who really bothers Joker. I’m fine with a better trade to upgrade Ayton or keeping him too. There is perhaps a version of Ayton who learns how to manage consistency and pacing himself before ramping up for the playoffs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It goes up in certain matchups in the playoffs. He did well in 2021 but I think it’s interesting those teams all played real bigs(Drummond, Joker, Zubac, Lopez) Aytonnplayed well against Valunciunas as well, but he didn’t do great against Maxi Kleber and the Mavs.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That’s because Monty wouldn’t pass him the ball.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:13 pm
That’s because Monty wouldn’t pass him the ball.
There is a certain amount of truth in this.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ayton was like 5 years old when Monty finished his playing career, so I don't really blame him. :wink:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

I wouldn't trade draft picks for Anunoby either, ONLY Siakam.

I'd move Ayton for the PF Siakam, not SG/SF Anunoby. Trade big for big.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know why you guys think OG is a SG, he measured 6’7.75 and 232 lbs with a 7’2.25 wingspan at the combine. He’s got a 9’0 standing reach. He’s bigger than any of our current wings that we play at the 4.

Siakam is a bit taller, but they actually had the same standing reach. OG is 100% a PF in todays game that can play the 3 as well.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:

That is a huge glut of SFs, some of whom can moonlight at PF. I don't think you can package them all into a trade because nobody wants three or four forwards in the same deal. That's also an indicator to me that the team would be a bit unbalanced if we had that lineup.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
I just think OG has a higher trade value than Ayton.
You're right, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea to package a first with him to acquire Anunoby. That would be such a waste. We wouldn't better after a deal like that. And if the goal is to make that deal just to chase Durant again, then that would just be reckless on the part of James Jones.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:00 pm
I don’t know why you guys think OG is a SG, he measured 6’7.75 and 232 lbs with a 7’2.25 wingspan at the combine. He’s got a 9’0 standing reach. He’s bigger than any of our current wings that we play at the 4.

Siakam is a bit taller, but they actually had the same standing reach. OG is 100% a PF in todays game that can play the 3 as well.
I mean, yes, you can play OG at the 4 and that would fit the general trend of smallball lineups in the NBA today. But he came out as a 2/3. He plays like a wing. He isn't a good rebounder. He isn't an interior presence. So that is why you're getting people telling you he is a guard. He really is a 3 right now for Toronto, as Siakim and Barnes offer more interior play and size/strength.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ehh, he was never a 2. He came out as a 3/4 and I remember an article being written about how the future of the game might be in playing guys like him at the 5. He doesn’t play like a 4 of 15 years ago, but very few teams play those types anymore.

Ya I guess he’s playing the 3 by default in Toronto, but those 3 big wings are all essentially interchangeable. The main point though is he’s bigger than our current wings that play the 4 for us(Cam and Craig) and he’s bigger than Jae too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Just posting this here for posterity. Since it is an Ayton thing.

"Be Legendary."

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:00 pm
Okay, you got me there. Still, give me Siakam the true PF with more offensive repertoire.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Split T

Post by Split T »

I definitely agree there