Suns bought by Mat Ishbia…Sarver is Gone!!!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns bought by Mat Ishbia…Sarver is Gone!!!

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great to hear he’s committed to bringing back a G-League team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:10 pm
Great to hear he’s committed to bringing back a G-League team.
And not as players 6-15 of the Suns roster, for a change! Heyoooo

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Talk about a big splash!
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

This man called Joe Tsai and got it done. Already better than anything Saver ever did.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This works or not, shows that Ishbia has the cajones to go for it! We are back to the salad days of the Colangelo years, fellas!
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

https://arizonasports.com/category/podc ... Show+Audio

Remember Joe Biden's old joke about how Rudy Giuliani has three parts to a sentence--a noun, a verb, and 9/11? For Ishbia it seems like it's a noun, a verb, and Tom Izzo. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:47 pm
This man called Joe Tsai and got it done. Already better than anything Saver ever did.
Ha! People assumed Sarver was blocking deals out of pettiness; now it looks like he was the only thing stopping Joe Tsai from owning us.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:43 am
TOO wrote:
Ha! People assumed Sarver was blocking deals out of pettiness; now it looks like he was the only thing stopping Joe Tsai from owning us.
So the trade was terrible is your take ?
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:46 am
INFORMER wrote:
TOO wrote:
Durant is a superstar, and on any given night he can the best player in the league. So it is hard to call getting that guy "terrible."

I'm not happy with deal, I think they gave up way too much, and I don't think we have much of a team anymore; just feels like we're going to try and win it with Book and Durant doing their one-on-one thing. I don't like the chances of that actually working. We'll see.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:56 am
bajanguy008 wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
TOO wrote:
Durant is a superstar, and on any given night he can the best player in the league. So it is hard to call getting that guy "terrible."

I'm not happy with deal, I think they gave up way too much, and I don't think we have much of a team anymore; just feels like we're going to try and win it with Book and Durant doing their one-on-one thing. I don't like the chances of that actually working. We'll see.
The lesson I learned two Finals ago was that it takes one-on-one things to get across the finish line. You're right, we'll see.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

INFORMER wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
TOO wrote:

Fair enough
I guess you referring to the picks cause the list of people on here who were actually believing that Mikal was looking a legit offensive threat was very short

On the point of players showing growth, I guess you not gonna include DA in your winning formula cause you have reservations about him also

Again, Monty has his faults and it's wait on see with how he does In Game adjustments going forward but our offense isn't really the 1on1 others stand around thing 🤷🏾‍♂️

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:02 pm
INFORMER wrote:
bajanguy008 wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
TOO wrote:

The lesson I learned two Finals ago was that it takes one-on-one things to get across the finish line. You're right, we'll see.
This is a fair point
Yes after all the X's and O's, lots comes down to needing a guy to make plays against tough D and we were over reliant on Book there which stalled everything

I have a couple concerns yes but it is more about the Team defense at the moment

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Seems fans aren't a too thrilled with Ishbia. I'm sure the Durant trade had a big impact on that. It's kind of alarming the number of us along with folks on the poll that feel so poorly about the Durant trade when the majority of "experts" seem to think we really hit it out of the park to try and win a championship with a top 10 all time talent.

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

The problem with the trade is the "all eggs in one basket" factor.

If Durant or Booker gets injured, our chances are slim at best.

Mikal was developing nicely and it was a very friendly contract.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I want to win a championship. Our new owner had the fucking balls to go all in. How can I complain about that at the moment until we don't win the chip this year or the next? The development of Mikal doesn't guarantee a championship either. We all know how well the touchy feely good stuff goes when we don't win the chip. Last year we beat the brakes off the league all season only to get curb stomped by Dallas in the playoffs. I'm tired of feeling good all season to inevitably not stand on the podium.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:14 pm
It's kind of alarming the number of us along with folks on the poll that feel so poorly about the Durant trade when the majority of "experts" seem to think we really hit it out of the park to try and win a championship with a top 10 all time talent.
Same "experts" that were praising Brooklyn for assembling Kyrie/Durant/Harden. Getting a superstar is always going to celebrated/applauded by the sports media.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:22 pm
The development of Mikal doesn't guarantee a championship either.
Well nothing guarantees a championship. But the difference was that you weren't putting all your eggs in the Mikal basket.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:23 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
It's kind of alarming the number of us along with folks on the poll that feel so poorly about the Durant trade when the majority of "experts" seem to think we really hit it out of the park to try and win a championship with a top 10 all time talent.
Same "experts" that were praising Brooklyn for assembling Kyrie/Durant/Harden. Getting a superstar is always going to celebrated/applauded by the sports media.
None of those guys had the kind of known relationship and connections Durant has to the Suns. Durant didn't want Kyrie, Harden, Simmons. That was Marks that put that super team together. We know the love and admiration Durant has for Booker. He's ecstatic to come here. That makes this completely different. Harden and Irving are known malcontents and cancers in multiple locker rooms. Where does that exist on this roster?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Seems fans aren't a too thrilled with Ishbia. I'm sure the Durant trade had a big impact on that. It's kind of alarming the number of us along with folks on the poll that feel so poorly about the Durant trade when the majority of "experts" seem to think we really hit it out of the park to try and win a championship with a top 10 all time talent.

That's because the "experts" underrate Bridges and underrate Durant's injury history.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Nah man. KD and Kyrie made the pact to go to Brooklyn together and then pushed for Harden when he asked out of Houston. There's plenty of blood on KD's hands for that fiasco.