Suns bought by Mat Ishbia…Sarver is Gone!!!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Suns bought by Mat Ishbia…Sarver is Gone!!!

Post by AmareIsGod »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:30 pm
Nah man. KD and Kyrie made the pact to go to Brooklyn together and then pushed for Harden when he asked out of Houston. There's plenty of blood on KD's hands for that fiasco.
Well then, I take it back. If that had to do with him, then that was a definitely failure on his behalf. Doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings about his desire to come to Phoenix and pair with Booker.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:27 pm
Durant didn't want Kyrie
That isn't true. Him and Kyrie are boys.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

FF beat me to it.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AIG, make no mistake, KD is a malcontent. Golden State was the Promise Land until it wasn't. It was what he wanted until he got a quarter of the heat (no pun intended) that LeBron got for going to Miami.

Brooklyn was his dream place to go until it wasn't. He is cool with Kyrie, didn't seem at all bothered by Kyrie's controversial tweet, and even seemed annoyed that people had a problem with it. The Harden deal didn't happen without his blessing, so don't try to put it all on Marks.

Still, that doesn't mean he can't win a championship here. But it would also be a mistake to act like he doesn't have baggage or that he isn't culpable for the things that have gone sideways in his career.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think ultimately KD just wants to play basketball and leave the drama behind…ya he invited a lot of the drama in the past, but we seem like the perfect place to give him what he wants.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

He has a long history with Monty and noted admiration for Booker.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s close with CP3 I think as well

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Totally agree with INF about the trade being a "putting all your eggs in one basket" type of trade when you trade away Mikal, CamJ and those 4 picks plus swap.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't think anyone would disagree with that.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

If all the eggs in the basket are in the pursuit of a championship, I'm all for it. It paid off for the Dbacks back in 2001.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:50 pm
AIG, make no mistake, KD is a malcontent. Golden State was the Promise Land until it wasn't. It was what he wanted until he got a quarter of the heat (no pun intended) that LeBron got for going to Miami.

Brooklyn was his dream place to go until it wasn't. He is cool with Kyrie, didn't seem at all bothered by Kyrie's controversial tweet, and even seemed annoyed that people had a problem with it. The Harden deal didn't happen without his blessing, so don't try to put it all on Marks.

Still, that doesn't mean he can't win a championship here. But it would also be a mistake to act like he doesn't have baggage or that he isn't culpable for the things that have gone sideways in his career.
Thus the apprehension in the trade for most of us. Time will tell though.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:35 pm
If all the eggs in the basket are in the pursuit of a championship, I'm all for it. It paid off for the Dbacks back in 2001.
It is time.
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:27 pm
Totally agree with INF about the trade being a "putting all your eggs in one basket" type of trade when you trade away Mikal, CamJ and those 4 picks plus swap.
Cmon, that was me!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Cmon, that was me!
Sorry, I read INF say that, but maybe he was agreeing with you. I'm fine giving out your flowers.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:35 pm
In2ition wrote:
Cmon, that was me!
In fairness…. Doing a search of the forum for “eggs” shows a LOT of us said this (myself included too…. Keep my flowers too lol)…. Great minds think alike 😂

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Smart man.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It’s a new era for Phoenix Suns basketball, folks.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:36 am
It’s a new era for Phoenix Suns basketball, folks.

So awesome to have a guy who’s willing to spend…. You just don’t win in this league anymore if you’re not willing to put up some dough.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Such a contrast to the start of the Saver era, when they brought him Joe Johnson's proposed new contract and Saver immediately wanted to cut $5m/yr off it, leading to Joe eventually needing to be shipped out. What a fuckhead. Good riddance.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:04 am
Such a contrast to the start of the Saver era, when they brought him Joe Johnson's proposed new contract and Saver immediately wanted to cut $5m/yr off it, leading to Joe eventually needing to be shipped out. What a fuckhead. Good riddance.
Yea…. That one still stings and thought bob would have learned his lesson with that, but nope.