4th Object Shot Down In The Sky

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
AmareIsGod

4th Object Shot Down In The Sky

Post by AmareIsGod »

Really don't know where to put this but it's starting to get crazy.

U.S. downs unidentified object over Lake Huron, third destroyed since Chinese spy balloon

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/1 ... s-00082451
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Re: 4th Object Shot Down In The Sky

Post by Nodack »

The first was a Chinese balloon. These others are different. Some are even saying alien. We haven’t been given much info on them yet. Stay tuned for more information…

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:28 am
The first was a Chinese balloon. These others are different. Some are even saying alien. We haven’t been given much info on them yet. Stay tuned for more information…
Please share! I'd love to read more about this!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Of course the fucking aliens would show up right when the Suns get KD.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

As Mystery Objects Get Shot Down, U.S. Sets Up New Task Force on UFOs
U.S. officials said they couldn’t explain what three airborne objects shot down over the weekend were
https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-mystery ... s-afa4d12c
On Sunday, the head of U.S. Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command wouldn’t rule out that the airborne objects the Pentagon has been shooting down are connected to aliens or extraterrestrials. The Pentagon has said the objects have been unmanned, and they cannot yet explain how the objects are powered, contributing to the mystery of the airborne object. Military officials have declined to describe the objects as balloons even though some U.S. officials have described them that way.

Rumors swirl about balloons, UFOs as officials stay mum
https://apnews.com/article/technology-p ... 492ffb25c4
WASHINGTON (AP) — Maybe they came from China. Maybe from somewhere farther away. A lot farther away.

“Maybe Joe built the balloon & had Hunter launch it to scare we the people!” wrote one Facebook user. “How do WE know??? We don’t!”

The downing of four aerial devices by U.S. warplanes has touched off rampant misinformation about the objects, their origin and their purpose, showing how complicated world events and a lack of information can quickly create the perfect conditions for unchecked conjecture and misinformation….

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I just think the UFO talk is silly. There's no reason to believe that. The only thing is that they said they won't rule anything out. So some folks ran with that and assumed that UFOs were on the table.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

People assume all kinds of things in the absence of facts. And even then they assume the facts given are all lies.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Did an F-22 Blow Up an Illinois Club’s Hobby Balloon?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/02 ... lloon.html
Last Saturday, high above Canada’s Yukon territory, the pilot of a $150 million U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor, acting on orders from the leaders of both Canada and the U.S., fired a $472,000 AIM-9X Sidewinder missile at a small unidentified cylindrical object flying at an altitude of 40,000 feet, resulting in a confirmed air-to-air “kill.” What NORAD still hasn’t been able to confirm, almost a week later, is what exactly was blown out of the sky on February 11.

Since then, members of the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, a club of high-altitude-balloon hobbyists, have been waiting to hear from K9YO-15, the group’s silver mylar “pico” balloon.

Pico balloons are small tracker-equipped circumnavigational balloons that typically cost less than $200 to build. K9YO-15, which had been airborne nearly 124 days and was in the middle of its seventh circumnavigation of the globe, sent its last signal on February 10, just southwest of Alaska, as Aviation Week reports:

The club’s silver-coated, party-style “pico balloon” reported its last position on Feb. 10 at 38,910 ft. off the west coast of Alaska, and a popular forecasting tool — the HYSPLIT model provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) — projected the cylindrically shaped object would be floating high over the central part of the Yukon Territory on Feb. 11.
NIBBB said in a blog post that, as of Tuesday, K9YO-15 was officially “missing in action.”

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Nodack wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:12 am
Did an F-22 Blow Up an Illinois Club’s Hobby Balloon?
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/02 ... lloon.html
Last Saturday, high above Canada’s Yukon territory, the pilot of a $150 million U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor, acting on orders from the leaders of both Canada and the U.S., fired a $472,000 AIM-9X Sidewinder missile at a small unidentified cylindrical object flying at an altitude of 40,000 feet, resulting in a confirmed air-to-air “kill.” What NORAD still hasn’t been able to confirm, almost a week later, is what exactly was blown out of the sky on February 11.

Since then, members of the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade, a club of high-altitude-balloon hobbyists, have been waiting to hear from K9YO-15, the group’s silver mylar “pico” balloon.

Pico balloons are small tracker-equipped circumnavigational balloons that typically cost less than $200 to build. K9YO-15, which had been airborne nearly 124 days and was in the middle of its seventh circumnavigation of the globe, sent its last signal on February 10, just southwest of Alaska, as Aviation Week reports:

The club’s silver-coated, party-style “pico balloon” reported its last position on Feb. 10 at 38,910 ft. off the west coast of Alaska, and a popular forecasting tool — the HYSPLIT model provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) — projected the cylindrically shaped object would be floating high over the central part of the Yukon Territory on Feb. 11.
NIBBB said in a blog post that, as of Tuesday, K9YO-15 was officially “missing in action.”
LOL... Hopefully someone notifies them before October of the huge hot air balloon festival in New Mexico.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Lol