Trump 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Goob

Re: Trump 2024

Post by Goob »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 am
That's true, I don't think the $1m harms him too much. But I do think it is important to see punishment and consequences for some of this kind of misbehavior, abusing the legal system to attack and frivolously sue his opponents and enemies. If nothing happens to him when he does that, he'll keep doing it. It also stamps a mostly impartial outcome on all of this, showing that smart legal people looked at these claims and found them to be ridiculous. Takes away from the partisan media both-sides aspect of it.
Oh for sure glad to see something done one way or the other. I'm not a Trump fan or even a Biden fan for that matter(I am a Libertarian) but politicians need to start being held accountable way more than they have been.
Tar Heel Suns Fan

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Goob wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:01 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:30 am
That's true, I don't think the $1m harms him too much. But I do think it is important to see punishment and consequences for some of this kind of misbehavior, abusing the legal system to attack and frivolously sue his opponents and enemies. If nothing happens to him when he does that, he'll keep doing it. It also stamps a mostly impartial outcome on all of this, showing that smart legal people looked at these claims and found them to be ridiculous. Takes away from the partisan media both-sides aspect of it.
Oh for sure glad to see something done one way or the other. I'm not a Trump fan or even a Biden fan for that matter(I am a Libertarian) but politicians need to start being held accountable way more than they have been.
That hasn't worked out well for the folks in Rio Verde Foothills. It's a really dumb situation. This has been a situation for years, the date was set by Scottsdale in like 2020 or something, and there has been plenty of opportunity to remedy. Had friends there try to create a water district but the libertarians completely rejected it, which would have allowed them to seek remedy with Scottsdale or even private water companies. It will get solved but now it's more dire for the people on hauled water. Nobody did anything. He had gone to all the meetings and all they say as they totally dominate the meetings is "the market will provide a solution." Nobody could even get a word in.

Hopefully you aren't that kind of libertarian. Sorry, it's just frustrating. All sides of the isle, independent, libertarian, conservative, liberal have extremes though. I'm guessing he was met with extreme libertarians.

Edit: more backstory. https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 819245007/
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Here we go ...

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

He can’t be associated with a loser like Truth. He’s Donald Trump and can only be associated with winners. After all of this maybe he will change his name.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They have now also found classified docs at Pence's house.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Trump finally confesses to the whole Stormy Daniels affair.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

At least he upgraded it from never happened to it happened a long time ago. Trump threw Cohen under the bus again and blames it all on him. Trump wants us to believe Cohen paid Stormy $100,000 out of his own pocket to pay off Trumps mistress without Trump knowing anything about it. Lying comes so easy for Trump.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wonder whether that E. Jean Carroll rape case will go anywhere. She isn't letting it go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:35 pm
Kleppers stuff is amazing…. I used to wonder who would be that stupid to sign off on letting themselves be recorded to look like a fool on national tv, but once I see that red hat…. :lol:

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

“There’s a good Military that Trump runs and a bad Military that Biden runs.”

Pfft

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:43 am
“There’s a good Military that Trump runs and a bad Military that Biden runs.”

Pfft
Crazy is crazy.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Looks like they found classified docs at Pence's home, too. To be fair, Pence seems not to have known about it beforehand, and he seems to be fully cooperating.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:26 pm
Looks like they found classified docs at Pence's home, too. To be fair, Pence seems not to have known about it beforehand, and he seems to be fully cooperating.

Be honest Marty.... You have classified documents at your house too? I know dang well you're a part of the "deep state" :lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I have classified documents about YOUR MOMMA!! ... That's the only comeback I could think of. I'm sorry.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The GOP all in on getting to the bottom of the Hunter Biden scandal. Did Joe use his influence to secure Hunter a job he didn’t deserve? That would be an inappropriate use of his position.

Meanwhile the GOP isn’t interested in getting to the bottom of the Trump family’s marriage to Saudi Arabia and the Saudi’s multiple investments in the Trump family.

Opinion: The GOP can’t ignore the blockbuster report on Trump, Kushner and Saudi funds
https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/13/opinions ... gfooterold

As the Post details, Kushner and Trump both were facing “unprecedented business challenges” when they left the White House. Trump had seen revenue from his properties dramatically decline, plus the controversy surrounding the January 6, 2021, attack made him toxic, according to the Post. Kushner was facing his own challenges, with his family business needing a $1.2 billion bailout, the newspaper reported.

Then came Saudi Arabia and MBS to the rescue. In Kushner’s case, a fund controlled by MBS invested $2 billion in Kushner’s newly formed private equity firm, Affinity Partners, six months after he left the White House, The New York Times reported last year.

The Post also laid out how Trump appears to be benefiting from his defense of MBS and Saudi Arabia while in the White House. After a CIA report concluded MBS had authorized Khashoggi’s killing, Trump publicly undermined the report’s conclusions and opposed releasing the report, according to the Post. He also vetoed a congressional attempt to block arms sales to Saudi Arabia.

Trump wasn’t shy about what he did for MBS, stating in a recorded interview with Bob Woodward about the Saudi crown prince: “I saved his ass.”

Now we see Trump hosting Saudi-backed LIV Golf tournaments at his golf courses — which typically pay the course owner in the case of PGA events $2 million to $3 million, as the Post reported. However, Trump has not revealed how much he’s pocketing from the Saudis — which is especially alarming given he is running for President in 2024.

The Trump Organization also has recently secured an agreement with a Saudi real estate company that plans to build a Trump-branded hotel, villas and golf course in Oman as part of a $4 billion project, according to The New York Times.

Then there’s Trump’s daughter Ivanka, who was also a White House adviser. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, a watchdog group, urged the Justice Department to investigate her four years ago over potentially violating conflict of interest laws by participating in the implementation of a program giving tax breaks for investors in so-called opportunity zones. (A spokesperson for Trump’s ethics attorney called the claim “politically motivated and meritless.”)

CREW also had raised concerns over Ivanka Trump’s business receiving “registration” approval for trademarks from the Chinese government in 2018 around the time that her father lifted sanctions on Chinese telecommunications company ZTE — whose controlling shareholder is a Chinese state-owned corporation.

Later in 2018, Ivanka Trump’s business received approval for 16 new trademarks from the Chinese government on a range of goods — from shoes and jewelry to voting machines. These approvals occurred while her father was negotiating a trade deal with China.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ruh roh.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Tucker Carlson Called Trump ‘A Demonic Force’ and ‘A Destroyer’ on Day of Capitol Riot, Newly-Released Text Shows
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carl ... ased-text/