Game Day: Suns (34-29) @ Bulls (29-34), Fri 3/3/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (34-29) @ Bulls (29-34), Fri 3/3/23

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:41 pm
Wait, did Bazley get real rotation minutes? I had to leave after the 1st Q…how’d he look?
He started with two quick fouls but was decent after that. Played as good defense as you can on DeRozen. I was confused when I first saw him out there. Thought it was Shamet before I quickly figured it out. For seven minutes of play, 2 points, 3 boards, an assist, a steal, and a block is pretty good.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

For saucey

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:42 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:41 pm
Wait, did Bazley get real rotation minutes? I had to leave after the 1st Q…how’d he look?
He started with two quick fouls but was decent after that. Played as good defense as you can on DeRozen. I was confused when I first saw him out there. Thought it was Shamet before I quickly figured it out. For seven minutes of play, 2 points, 3 boards, an assist, a steal, and a block is pretty good.
Thanks for the recap…I like that we’re giving him a shot. He’s got an interesting profile to offer us with his size and athleticism.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Their offensive rating was what!?! This is against a team that had the 2nd best defense over the last 15 games

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Man, this team is really good. Durant just makes everything so much easier. I don't even feel like KD is working that hard. He just sort of draws a bunch of gravity and double-teams and swings the ball to the open man. He is getting guys like Book and CP3 so many good open looks. You sort of get the impression Booker is having a mediocre game and then you check the stats and he has 35 points. I can only imagine what a nightmare it is to guard this team.

CP3 is pretty washed, but having KD may actually fix that. If CP3 embraces this new phase of his career, rather than trying to lead the offense and generate looks, he could be more of a spot-up shooter and sometimes passer to the open man, letting Book and KD do more of the shot creation. That could actually work. CP3 can still shoot when his legs aren't worn out from running the offense.

I was worried about DA when Craig fell into his knee. Looked bad. Of course we then discover that it was effing Beverley. Go jump in a lake, Pat Bev. He's such a piece of shit.

Depth still seems to be a concern for us. Landale had a nice game off the bench with 9, and Lee got up to 10 in garbage time, but in general we didn't get much off the bench. I want to see guys like Payne or Craig give us a bit more. We don't have a reliable or consistent threat off the bench, which is worrisome.

DeRozan is better than I remembered. He is a nasty good scorer. There were rumors of the Suns trying to get him, and I didn't like the idea given that we already have Book, but DeRozan is a really elite wing offensive player, a midrange assassin. Also was surprised by Dosonmu, #12. Seemed energetic and pesky, lots of attitude. Looked at the box score and he had 8 points in 18 minutes, but it felt like he was everywhere.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

It was good to see CP hit 3's late in the game.

He came alive when needed to seal the win.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Postgame Quotes and Videos
Spoiler: show/hide

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I just think CP3 is out there chillin tbh
He wasn't looking to shoot in the 1st half and the ones he clanked was partly because the shot clock was running down and he had to settle for a 3pt

There was a point in the 2nd when Okogie got a little gun-shy after missing some and with CP3 not looking at the basket either those minutes weren't cool

I still believe he will be fine on O (in this 4th option role cause he's smart enough to pick his spots)
What really concerns me since last year tho is the defense. CP3 is a proud guy and I have no doubt he would be fine taking a backseat on O but just feels like he still think he can hang on D

Our scheme we switch too easily imo and all the concerns y'all mention about offense, age and no legs at times more shows up on D. So that's my issue how often he ends up on legit scorers and bigger players off simple screens

We can comfortably make up for him when he misses shots on O but it's harder to cover if he's compromised on D
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:09 pm

Their offensive rating was what!?!
Up 99% from the previous game. I’d like to see that trend continue.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:52 pm

For saucey
Bro this guy is Australian, he’s a total Jock homer

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

► Show Spoiler
Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:26 pm
Man, this team is really good. Durant just makes everything so much easier. I don't even feel like KD is working that hard. He just sort of draws a bunch of gravity and double-teams and swings the ball to the open man. He is getting guys like Book and CP3 so many good open looks. You sort of get the impression Booker is having a mediocre game and then you check the stats and he has 35 points. I can only imagine what a nightmare it is to guard this team.

CP3 is pretty washed, but having KD may actually fix that. If CP3 embraces this new phase of his career, rather than trying to lead the offense and generate looks, he could be more of a spot-up shooter and sometimes passer to the open man, letting Book and KD do more of the shot creation. That could actually work. CP3 can still shoot when his legs aren't worn out from running the offense.

I was worried about DA when Craig fell into his knee. Looked bad. Of course we then discover that it was effing Beverley. Go jump in a lake, Pat Bev. He's such a piece of shit.

Depth still seems to be a concern for us. Landale had a nice game off the bench with 9, and Lee got up to 10 in garbage time, but in general we didn't get much off the bench. I want to see guys like Payne or Craig give us a bit more. We don't have a reliable or consistent threat off the bench, which is worrisome.

DeRozan is better than I remembered. He is a nasty good scorer. There were rumors of the Suns trying to get him, and I didn't like the idea given that we already have Book, but DeRozan is a really elite wing offensive player, a midrange assassin. Also was surprised by Dosonmu, #12. Seemed energetic and pesky, lots of attitude. Looked at the box score and he had 8 points in 18 minutes, but it felt like he was everywhere.
It was Okogie drivind strong who later landed on Ayton’s knee. Beverly is a POS, but him pushing Craig was a diferent play.

On of the best parts of having KD is what I said earlier, it shift the pecking order without any question, so Paul can take a backseat without feeling set aside, because KD is a clearly huge upgrade on the offensive usage Paul is giving away.

He collected 10 assists last nigh, and we are calling him washed?

He certainly is not elite anymore, but with KD and Booker on board, we don’t need him to be.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Did you watch the video…the video isn’t Australian

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:43 am
You’re getting a :roll:

He’s Jake Voskuhl and he gets his shit blocked every night. Total weak sauce

Mr Homer points out that he literally just ran to the rim as a compliment. Any warm body off the street could do that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split, it's not worth it. Once he picks a guy, he sticks with it no matter how well he plays. Saucy better get used to it because Durant has taken a liking to him.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I watched a little "tape" delayed so I took notes. I watched the Bulls broadcast. (Sorry Annie):

Bulls announcers couldn’t quit talking about how well Landale was playing. (Pay attention Saucy)

At the end of the half, when the Bulls took their first lead, the announcers were talking about the possibility of a signature win against this Phoenix Suns team, lol.

I’ve been noticing that Durant and Landale are forming a connection.

Lol at Paul making Durant bring the ball in.

Never seen Paul get such wide-open threes.

I found myself smiling and laughing a lot while watching the game. This isn’t fair.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Uh, oh. Book is going Hollywood on us since we got Durant. Wearing the shades in his press conference.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:56 am

Mr Homer points out that he literally just ran to the rim as a compliment. Any warm body off the street could do that.
David is saying he's a pretty good dirt worker like Cotton used to say. Not saying he's an all-star. Jeez.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:39 am
Uh, oh. Book is going Hollywood on us since we got Durant. Wearing the shades in his press conference.
It's probably all the weed KD and Ayton smoke, irritates his eyes.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

carey wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:49 am
specialsauce wrote:

David is saying he's a pretty good dirt worker like Cotton used to say. Not saying he's an all-star. Jeez.
Dirt worker is just a way to frame someone that’s not good at basketball. “He works hard” “He has a good attitude” “He has an amazing shoe collection”

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:43 am
You’re getting a :roll:

I don’t love him and I had some issues with him at times as well, but the numbers don’t support you. He shoots 62% on 2s, he’s 75% at the rim and players shoot 9% worse than expected at the rim when he’s the nearest defender. He’s much better than you think