"Just another game" *Early Start* Game Day: Suns (35-29) @ Mavericks (33-31), Sun 3/5/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: "Just another game" *Early Start* Game Day: Suns (35-29) @ Mavericks (33-31), Sun 3/5/23

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:46 pm
The problem is that it was going on all game. I'm not surprised that they didn't call it in the last 2 minutes, since these refs were going to allow the Mavs to lower the shoulder, dislodge the defender and then extend the arm when they are off their feet to give another little push to create space, then they expected the ref to call a foul on the defender. At the same time, they didn't give the Suns the same type of calls for the contact that they were getting from the Mavs. It was really frustrating to watch.

I listened to Locked on Mavs this morning and those guys thought that the game wasn't refereed fairly and thought if he was called the same way on both sides, that the Mavs would have shot 50 freethrows. There are levels to homerism, but sheesh...
I can't really even handle Suns centric podcasts, not to mention the stuff for other teams. Are you a basketball sadist or something? :lol:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Re: "Just another game" *Early Start* Game Day: Suns (35-29) @ Mavericks (33-31), Sun 3/5/23

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:03 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:40 pm
Looks like they acknowledge that it was an offensive foul on that last push off with 7 seconds left before the scrum and techs

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport. ... 0022200962
That says correct non call…it does say Luka had an offensive foul against CP3 earlier
Yea I didn't read it right and was confused by to/through. But it's still bullshit and should've been offensive.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:57 pm
In2ition wrote:
The problem is that it was going on all game. I'm not surprised that they didn't call it in the last 2 minutes, since these refs were going to allow the Mavs to lower the shoulder, dislodge the defender and then extend the arm when they are off their feet to give another little push to create space, then they expected the ref to call a foul on the defender. At the same time, they didn't give the Suns the same type of calls for the contact that they were getting from the Mavs. It was really frustrating to watch.

I listened to Locked on Mavs this morning and those guys thought that the game wasn't refereed fairly and thought if he was called the same way on both sides, that the Mavs would have shot 50 freethrows. There are levels to homerism, but sheesh...
I can't really even handle Suns centric podcasts, not to mention the stuff for other teams. Are you a basketball sadist or something? :lol:
I like to hear alternative POVs. I can agree or disagree with them and even sometime clown them for their takes. Tbh, they are 10x more entertaining than Brendan Kleen is on Locked on Suns, so it's not so bad.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Looks like they acknowledge that it was an offensive foul on that last push off with 7 seconds left before the scrum and techs

No duh. (Not shooting the messenger.)

ETA: Even after reading they deem it a non-call. Why?
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:11 pm
Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:

That says correct non call…it does say Luka had an offensive foul against CP3 earlier
Yea I didn't read it right and was confused by to/through. But it's still bullshit and should've been offensive.
If they're not going to make that an offensive foul, fine. But they can't then call a defensive foul if Okogie stands his ground and Luka puts his body into him when going up for the shot. I'm 100% certain they'd have made that call if Okogie didn't try to "sell" the offensive foul, so it was really his only option.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:25 pm
ShelC wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:11 pm
Split T wrote:
ShelC wrote:

If they're not going to make that an offensive foul, fine. But they can't then call a defensive foul if Okogie stands his ground and Luka puts his body into him when going up for the shot. I'm 100% certain they'd have made that call if Okogie didn't try to "sell" the offensive foul, so it was really his only option.
When Wood lowered his shoulder into Craig three consecutive times in a row on the same play with no call, I think they would have called it if Craig had sold it. You get penalized for being able to take a hit in the NBA. But to your point, Okogie may have oversold it. It's all about just the right amount of acting in the NBA to get the calls.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:18 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I like to hear alternative POVs. I can agree or disagree with them and even sometime clown them for their takes. Tbh, they are 10x more entertaining than Brendan Kleen is on Locked on Suns, so it's not so bad.
Those are different POVs in the same way one parents child is better than everyone else's and deserves every minute, shot, catch, etc..

If its entertaining for you, then you do you. I don't find homerism entertaining in almost any iteration.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:21 pm
ShelC wrote:

No duh. (Not shooting the messenger.)

ETA: Even after reading they deem it a non-call. Why?
I'd really love to sit down with an NBA ref and try to understand how that wasn't an offensive foul. And how come the 10 or so that preceded it weren't either.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:30 pm
In2ition wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:18 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Those are different POVs in the same way one parents child is better than everyone else's and deserves every minute, shot, catch, etc..

If its entertaining for you, then you do you. I don't find homerism entertaining in almost any iteration.
Idk if it's anything like you describe, but whatever.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Okogie definitely sold it and I’m actually ok with it not being a foul, but the return, like FF said, needs to be that the defense can be more physical. Okogie was clearly in position and Doncic hit him in the chest…if the offensive player can move forward into a defensive player, why can’t a defensive player do the same?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:21 pm
I think Okogie definitely sold it and I’m actually ok with it not being a foul, but the return, like FF said, needs to be that the defense can be more physical. Okogie was clearly in position and Doncic hit him in the chest…if the offensive player can move forward into a defensive player, why can’t a defensive player do the same?
I think any defensive player should be able to punch Doncic in the solar plexus.
"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Offensive players shouldn't be able to dislodge defenders. Period. It's in the damn rules.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:47 pm
Offensive players shouldn't be able to dislodge defenders. Period. It's in the damn rules.
Why I discount some of Shaq's "greatness" as refs let him get away for years with blasting his 360+ lbs against defenders in the post. :x
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

“The Suns are ridiculous.”

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's early in the process, so I understand why Okogie kept taking the corner 3's despite how frustrating it was to watch him miss 9 times.

However, those wing guys need to get into the habit of mixing in a dribble drive even if they're wide open. The defense will be in a recover scramble and Ayton can feast on dump off passes. Just indiscriminately chucking it up every time is letting the defense off of the hook.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm a broken record on this every season (well last couple since we became relevant)

I admire you guys who watch the National commentary
I really don't know how y'all do it lol. It's so embarrassing how biased and ridiculous the takes are

That's why I didn't even bother really going on my timeline y'day
Not surprised to see/read the Suns performance being belittled or people talking more bout Book/Luka 5secs than the actual game

It's the same routine over n over
Unbelievable
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

One of the funniest things about the whole physicality inconsistency was there was one possession where Book went Ok, this is how y'all calling the game

It was one of those moments where I could see the offensive call coming for Book but the refs let him do the same thing
Wish I had the play to post, but it was legit bully ball against Bullock. Got him square in the chest a couple times and backed him right down into the paint

Bullock was losing his mind and I think maybe got a T as well
That was too funny considering what Luka was doing smh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:42 pm
I think any defensive player should be able to punch Doncic in the solar plexus.
Or the taint.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:42 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:42 pm
Or the taint.
Taint for me to say.
"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Gentlemen, the last few posts, are considered indirect taunting, and therefore, on the next Suns-Mavs game, Dallas will be rewarded with a free throw for each, and possesion of the ball instead of a jump ball.