Israel / Palestine

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Israel / Palestine

Post by Mori Chu »

Hearing for the South African charge that Israel is committing genocide in Gaza.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good on Bernie for speaking out about this.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It hurts seeing all those people of Gaza killed. It was brutal seeing all those people of Israel killed like they were. The whole thing has been ridiculous for the many decades I have been alive. Some of you are young and this is new to you. Some of you are older and have seen this violence play out between the two sides many times like me. How many US Presidents have made the campaign promise of ending the conflict and have all failed? This has been the worst by both sides and is threatening a global response.

Biden and Netanyahu haven’t spoken in many days I don’t think. Biden has gotten a lot of pressure to ease the pain in Gaza. Netanyahu is under a lot of pressure at home not just for the war, but for his political life from trying his own version of Jan 6.

I feel bad for the children of Gaza. They are too young to even know what’s going on. Everyone else I am a little indifferent to. I know it sounds cold. This conflict could have been stopped many decades ago. One side has made it their mission to never stop this conflict. They always initiate the violence and Israel always responds in kind Xs 10. Hamas attack on Israel was very effective and rocked Israel to its core. I knew they were going to level Gaza before they fired a shot.

My mantra is not worrying about things I cannot control and this is definitely one of them. The way I see it, they will be at war forever and that’s just the way it is and it doesn’t matter what I think.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

These people are radicals and I don't support them at all. Tying eradication of Israel to eliminating capitalism is a real stretch.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

That’s pretty F U.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Israel continues to destroy targets in Palestine that carry no military benefit, simply to destroy the Palestinian society and way of life. It's a genocide.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Arnaud Bertrand- Entrepreneur. Previously HouseTrip (sold to TripAdvisor), now https://MeAndQi.com Subscribe if you like what I write

We give In2ition crap for posting news from some dude. I don’t know why Israel would mine a university. I don’t know if they even did. Maybe this is fake news. Maybe it is Hamas trying to frame Israel. Maybe there was a weapons storage there. Maybe Hamas extensive tunnel system comes up under the university and Israel is setting a trap. I don’t know and I am certainly not taking Arnauds word on what he thinks Israel is doing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:35 pm
Arnaud Bertrand- Entrepreneur. Previously HouseTrip (sold to TripAdvisor), now https://MeAndQi.com Subscribe if you like what I write

We give In2ition crap for posting news from some dude. I don’t know why Israel would mine a university. I don’t know if they even did. Maybe this is fake news. Maybe it is Hamas trying to frame Israel. Maybe there was a weapons storage there. Maybe Hamas extensive tunnel system comes up under the university and Israel is setting a trap. I don’t know and I am certainly not taking Arnauds word on what he thinks Israel is doing.
This is a good point. I definitely did share a tweet from some random guy. I'll look further and see if there's another source that is more reliable.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

FWIW Google has several sources reporting the same story about the Israeli exploding of the university. Not seeing it in major US media, which is a bit suspect. A few examples:

https://www.palestinechronicle.com/isra ... aza-video/
https://www.commondreams.org/news/genocide-2666995932

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is interesting. I hope they can find a way to reach a cease-fire.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Somehow, I don't think sending the head of the CIA is going to make them happy. They probably think the CIA is about 60% of all their problems. Just a thought.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

"I'm from the CIA, and I'm here to help." :-)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is good news. The trial will go on.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:04 pm
UNWRA is an organization that has strong ties to Hamas and indoctrinates children to hate and kill Jews from a young age. It's part of the problem, not part of the solution.

https://unwatch.org/unrwa-obstacle-to-peace/

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:59 pm
In2ition wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:04 pm
UNWRA is an organization that has strong ties to Hamas and indoctrinates children to hate and kill Jews from a young age. It's part of the problem, not part of the solution.

https://unwatch.org/unrwa-obstacle-to-peace/
Thanks

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The latest conspiracy theory. Hamas didn’t attack on Oct 7. It was Israel who faked it.

Growing Oct. 7 ‘truther’ groups say Hamas massacre was a false flag
In city council hearings, protests and online, a growing movement with ties to Holocaust denial is effacing history in real-time
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... cy-israel/
Some argue the ambush was staged by the Israeli military to justify an invasion of Gaza. Others say that some 240 hostages Hamas took into Gaza were actually kidnapped by Israel. Some contend the United States is behind the plot.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is such a dumb answer by Pelosi. Pro-Gaza protests are the scheming work of Putin? Come on. Rule of thumb, when there's a simple answer for something (people genuinely don't like the genocide in Gaza), you don't need to go searching for a grand conspiracy to explain it.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Gaza is complicated. I don’t know how much Putin is involved in financing protests or not. I don’t doubt he is enjoying seeing the US divide over this. Biden’s most loyal supporters are now Biden haters. Does that make them pro Trump? We’ll see. Russia certainly likes that and so does Trump. Bill Maher claims the college students becoming pro Hamas is the work of college professors promoting the Palestinian side.

I totally get the humanitarian side to this and it’s appalling. The killing of 20,000+ people is awful. The constant attacks against Israel are awful too. What to do? No one has a good answer. Not a single Palestinian supporter in the US has any answer. Hamas has stated that they refuse to allow Israel to exist. There is no way Israel is going to allow Hamas to exist in Gaza after their inhuman brutal attack on Israel. There is no way anyone is going to do anything about it unless it’s Israel. Hamas isn’t going to surrender. They aren’t going to meet Israel’s army in a head to head battle in some open area. Hamas has been planning this for many decades. They have many miles of tunnels under Gaza built for the purpose of moving fighters, supplies and weapons under the nose of Israel and with hundreds of thousands of human shields.

I have asked many times mori? What should Israel have done after the Hamas attack?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It looks like Iran has killed 3 US soldiers in Jordan. Oof; not good. Wonder how we'll respond.