All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Furlanfufi »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:20 pm
I love it when people say "Oh, that must be such a fun job!" I tell them creating a game is a lot different than playing a game. It is engineering just like for anything else. Only nobody will die if you make a mistake. Having said that, I was blessed to be able to make games for a living for 33 years out of a 35 year career. Only my first two years after graduating from college were outside of gaming. And I only worked for three gaming companies in those 33 years. One of them for only 7 months. So, I had unheard of longevity (for gaming) for two of those jobs. 23 years at Sony alone.
Now I Know who to blame for the bad ports amd all! Thanks Sups!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:38 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:19 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:04 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:20 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:31 pm
DEANDRE A GOD TONIGHT
Fouled out in less than 20 minutes with 2 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, a block, and a turnover. Free throws? 0-0.
3 steals and 1 block in less than 20 minutes? And 5 and a half assists per 36? That's incredible production! 8-)
You cant be serious. It’s just a joke at this point.
The 8-) tells me he wasn't serious. Not totally anyway. :P
Well the 4 stocks and 3 assists in under 20 minutes is great production. The 2 points and 4 rebounds not so much. Just contrasting the negativity by highlighting the positive.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:25 pm
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Fouled out in less than 20 minutes with 2 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, a block, and a turnover. Free throws? 0-0.
3 steals and 1 block in less than 20 minutes? And 5 and a half assists per 36? That's incredible production! 8-)
Well the 4 stocks and 3 assists in under 20 minutes is great production. The 2 points and 4 rebounds not so much. Just contrasting the negativity by highlighting the positive.
Making that turd shine like a diamond 😂

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
I love it when people say "Oh, that must be such a fun job!" I tell them creating a game is a lot different than playing a game. It is engineering just like for anything else. Only nobody will die if you make a mistake. Having said that, I was blessed to be able to make games for a living for 33 years out of a 35 year career. Only my first two years after graduating from college were outside of gaming. And I only worked for three gaming companies in those 33 years. One of them for only 7 months. So, I had unheard of longevity (for gaming) for two of those jobs. 23 years at Sony alone.
Not a lot of folks here know that 'Boney was technical lead on the Duke Nukem Forever project. He's also advising George RR Martin on the final two A Song of Ice and Fire books.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:41 am
Superbone wrote:
Not a lot of folks here know that 'Boney was technical lead on the Duke Nukem Forever project. He's also advising George RR Martin on the final two A Song of Ice and Fire books.
You almost had me on that one until I saw the GRRM part.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Stop it! LOL. DNF... was that the 14 year project? I remember playing the original Duke Nukem. Now that was a fun game!

I was lucky enough to mostly work on yearly titles. Although The Mark of Kri was an exception and I'm pretty proud of that one on which I did mostly enemy AI. Anybody here ever played it? I think it released in 2002 for PS2.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:25 pm
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:

Oh yeah that's max level right there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Thanks a lot, Krypto! You believed the part where I lead the worst run game of all time. SMH.

"Be Legendary."

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:30 pm

Stop it! LOL. DNF... was that the 14 year project? I remember playing the original Duke Nukem. Now that was a fun game!

I was lucky enough to mostly work on yearly titles. Although The Mark of Kri was an exception and I'm pretty proud of that one on which I did mostly enemy AI. Anybody here ever played it? I think it released in 2002 for PS2.
Wow, I did, it was great !

Cap

Post by Cap »

Once upon a time, I was a software engineer, and really good at it, and thought I was someone special. Now I’m just me. Hurts like Hell.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:10 pm
Once upon a time, I was a software engineer, and really good at it, and thought I was someone special. Now I’m just me. Hurts like Hell.
We're all special Cap in our own way. Why didn't you keep at it?

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:51 pm
Cap wrote:
Why do you think? My mental health issues incapacitated me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:51 pm
Cap wrote:
Why do you think? My mental health issues incapacitated me.
Sorry, man. I didn’t know. I hope you’re getting some help. It’s good to just be able to talk to somebody about what you’re going through.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sorry to hear it, Cap. I feel like I used to be a MUCH better coder and worker in general than I am now. I'm 44 now, and the years add up. Also all the kids means I am almost always exhausted, sleep deprived, in a chamber of chaos and noise and distraction. It takes a big toll. I rarely feel alert or rested. When I do try to code or work it feels like I'm trudging through mental molasses. I tried to use caffeine to overcome it, but I ended up chugging way too much coffee and staying to feel it in my heart rate. So on my parental leave I've been weaning off coffee and switched to low-caff teas instead. I feel calmer but still not very lucid or productive. Oh well. Maybe when the munchkins gets older I'll regain some of the old mojo.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

DA has the fans heading for the door.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Can't blame it on DA, he was never a draw, blame it on the GM making poor roster decisions and redundant talent overlap.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 pm
DA has the fans heading for the door.
► Show Spoiler
Come on. Obviously that was the Lillard effect. Can’t blame everything on the big fella.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

If Portland doesn’t want the team, I’m sure Seattle will take them.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think a lot of local fans are burnt out from the drama of recent years and not getting a legitimate star in return for their best player of the past 30 years also made it easy to check out this season. They still have a lot of pieces to build with and around.

It's a small city with only two professional teams so they'll be back assuming the front office keeps things moving in a positive direction.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:48 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:55 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Thanks a lot, Krypto! You believed the part where I lead the worst run game of all time. SMH.
lol hey… even if it’s the worst it’s still more than most would do in their lifetime not to mention no one going into making that game would have thougtht it was going to be the turd it turned into.