All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Mori Chu »

He's a max player! And he will always be a max player! He has NOTHING left to prove in this league. Find a new slant!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

He's going to get Nurk money (if that) on his next contract. And I'd rather have Nurk even at that money

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:22 am
JeremyG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:51 pm
In his last 16 games, Ayton is averaging:

20/12/2/1/1 on 63.2 FG% and 94.7 FT% in 33.5 mpg.
Update:

In his last 17 games, Ayton is averaging:

21/13/2/1/1 on 62.7 FG%, 50.0 3P%, and 96.0 FT% in 33.9 mpg on only 15.3 FGA.
Somebody's gonna look like a fool when Deandre Ayton dives back into his weed/2k slumber which is inevitable
Nah they’ll both disappear together. Ayton in the game and Jeremy from this thread.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

So, we can't just let this go, huh? It's over. The trade was for the best for all parties involved. Most of us agree on this. We made it to 250+ pages. Congrats.

Let's move forward and worry about how we mortgaged the future on this team and the sum of its parts isn't producing like we had hoped and our title hopes this year are slim.
"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:58 am
Ayton has been killing it lately!

Ayton scored 33 points with 19 rebounds Monday night to help lead the Blazers to a 106-102 win over the Atlanta Hawks at the Moda Center. This came after he put up 22 and 15 during Monday night’s loss to the Boston Celtics to follow up a 30-and-19 performance in Saturday’s win over the Toronto Raptors.

Check out his postgame interview:
Given he wasn't doing it here after pulling down his payday...who cares?

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Seems like DA just needs a proper bed in order to perform. What a stupid human being he is. It blows my mind.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/dean ... -portland/
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:33 pm
So, we can't just let this go, huh? It's over. The trade was for the best for all parties involved. Most of us agree on this. We made it to 250+ pages. Congrats.

Let's move forward and worry about how we mortgaged the future on this team and the sum of its parts isn't producing like we had hoped and our title hopes this year are slim.
“The trade was for the best for all parties involved.”

“the sum of its parts isn't producing like we had hoped and our title hopes this year are slim”

Yeah, sure looks like one party didn’t get the best result out of it.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OK, Ayton is gone. Thread locked. Moving on.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hi; after some discussion I have decided to unlock this thread. I respect the sentiment behind Bone locking it (several folks would rather just not talk about DA any more!) but I think it does serve some useful purpose of containing endless discussion about DA into a single place and keeping it from contaminating the rest of the site. I hope folks will abide by that and put DA-related content in here.

Let's agree to lock this thread and let it die at the end of this season. Does that sound fair?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:16 pm
Let's agree to lock this thread and let it die at the end of this season. Does that sound fair?
I don’t see the need to lock the thread ever. As long as discussion continues in a reasonably civil manner, I say let it go on as long as it goes on.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:53 pm
Superbone wrote:

“the sum of its parts isn't producing like we had hoped and our title hopes this year are slim”

Pretty sure that 2nd quote wasn’t in relation to the Ayton trade.

I’d actually be curious to hear your thoughts on the trade now. Do you think this team would be be better with Ayton instead of Nurkic and Allen? It would have been rough early on during all the injuries without Allen.

Having an actual roll threat would be nice. But he’s been less healthy than Nurkic this year. I don’t think there’s any question we’d have less wins if we don’t make the Ayton trade.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:07 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:16 pm
I don’t see the need to lock the thread ever. As long as discussion continues in a reasonably civil manner, I say let it go on as long as it goes on.
I really don’t care. I’m going to do my part by no longer contributing to it. I just wish there was a way to hide threads or at least make them always read. As far as I know, the only way to mark threads read without clicking on them is to mark all threads read across all forums. I might just have to learn to live with a bolded thread. At least that way I could see when/if it ever fell off the first page as I have a poll thread for that.

Have fun Aytonites!
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:15 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:53 pm
Superbone wrote:

Pretty sure that 2nd quote wasn’t in relation to the Ayton trade.

I’d actually be curious to hear your thoughts on the trade now. Do you think this team would be be better with Ayton instead of Nurkic and Allen?
Yes, especially with Vogel coaching him. What he’s doing right now is with a guard-biased coach.

But absolutely, 100%. We had a Big Four and we destroyed it for no reason, all while helping Boston build their own. That could have been us.
Split T wrote:
It would have been rough early on during all the injuries without Allen.
Allen’s value is being so overrated. Someone else could have easily filled the role decently well, and you would have Ayton there for scoring when one or two of the big three is injured. Just like I predicted last summer, we now see that for the majority of the games Ayton would have been playing alongside fewer than three stars, and would not have simply been relegated to being a fourth option.

We would also still have Camara, whom everyone dismisses as if he never existed.
Split T wrote:
Having an actual roll threat would be nice. But he’s been less healthy than Nurkic this year. I don’t think there’s any question we’d have less wins if we don’t make the Ayton trade.
The injury part is more of an unknown. Would he have as many injuries if he had been in Phoenix instead of Portland? There’s no way to know.

But, going back to the poll I made last summer on the KD trade, what I would ideally do is undo that trade and keep the homegrown team together while still firing Monty and upgrading the roster where possible (including trading CP3)—assuming we still flamed out in the 2023 playoffs.

Or we could have just, you know, drafted Haliburton and had a homegrown starting five. :?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:03 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:42 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:48 pm
Split T wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:12 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:38 pm

So what type of bet?
Well we can go small…like if I win you have to have a Monty Williams avatar for the entire offseason(I would obviously have to have an Ayton avatar).

My other thought was you’d not be able to discuss Ayton on the site for a certain period of time. Not sure what my punishment would be though.

Thoughts?

As for the bet itself, I think we’d need to go off PPG…There would have to be a games played minimum. We’d also have to figure out how to count say a player like Jerami Grant, Anfernee Simons, or Jrue Holiday if they get traded midseason.
Yeah, I like the avatar bet. PPG for sure. Minimum games played sounds good, perhaps that could apply to any traded players as well--let me know what number you think is fair.
At least half the season? So 41? And how would we count it if say Jerami Grant was the leading scorer but was traded halfway through? If he hit the games threshold it counts?
41 sounds good to me. Yeah, I would say if Grant plays 41 or more games before getting traded, and Ayton never overtakes him the rest of the season, then you win.

So if Ayton doesn’t reach 41 games, we throw out the bet?
Congrats to Split on winning the bet! We never defined "the entire offseason"--did you mean starting immediately after the regular season ends?

P.S. If we had set the criteria at 55 games, I would have won. ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hmmm, well it is Ayton’s off-season…I know I said a Monty Williams avatar, but what if we did Nurkic instead? Keep it someone still on the suns?

I was thinking something like this

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T

Post by Split T »

I saw that one too…just wish the jerseys were switched haha. Keep the suggestions coming though

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

IT HAs RISEN

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 am
If I still had photoshop this would be a great one to replace the basketball with a DA sad face like Nurk is coddling him. :P