Biden 2024

Political discussion here. Any reasonable opinion is welcome, but due to the sensitive nature of the topic area, please be nice and respectful to others. No flaming or trolling, please. And please keep political commentary out of the other board areas and confine it to this area. Thanks!
Mori Chu

Re: Biden 2024

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Hunter's lawsuit is unhelpful in terms of the election, honestly. I sympathize with him in terms of Fox mercilessly defaming him, and he may have a case. But I think I'd save it until after Nov 2024 because I don't think it's helpful to have Hunter's name in the news. Having him stay on the downlow is probably better all things considered.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sure, go ahead and sue. If you can get the case held in DC, you are guaranteed to win it. Fox will settle out of court.

I'm curious how you consider him to be defamed? In what way?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The main witness against him that FOX and the GOP based most of their attacks from was indicted for making it up. Yes, I know, Republicans claim the CIA or FBI or the deep state made up the evidence against this guy and his testimony stands no matter what the law says or how much FOX settles for out of court.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:08 pm
The main witness against him that FOX and the GOP based most of their attacks from was indicted for making it up. Yes, I know, Republicans claim the CIA or FBI or the deep state made up the evidence against this guy and his testimony stands no matter what the law says or how much FOX settles for out of court.
No one except you guys think that Smirnov was the "main witness". It's incredibly odd to me that this is the claim. His laptop is the main witness, and they documented 450 crimes from it, without anything from Smirnov. It sounds like this doofus is the manufactured scapegoat for Hunter, which is wild to me.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

No one but me?
How fast they pivot.
Lol

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What do you mean how fast they pivot? I never even heard of this guy until Mori posted about him out of the blue and he was arrested. If Smirnov never existed, they have mountains of evidence against Hunter with his own documented crimes. There isn't a chance in hell that he would lose, no matter how ridiculous his suit would be, if it's in DC.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is kind of funny. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Always been that way. You think it's something new?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Hey Jared, nice job handling the Saudi Arabia affairs for the US under Trump. Here’s $2 billion dollars.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

You can always go back to Jared. It's an easy rebutal, except that Jared was a developer before he even met Ivanka and before Trump was in the WH.
Btw, I don't know why Jared got that contract, and I don't know what he's doing for SA to justify it. I'm curious, just like you are.

Jim Biden's job and/or experience is...Joe Biden's brother, and he didn't actually have a legitimate business that created things other than access to Joe.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This is an unfortunate part of our politics. Relatives of powerful people get questionable money thrown at them. It isn't illegal, and there isn't much that can be done about it.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Ideally, you want competence. not nepotism.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:49 am
Unfortunately, I think you're right. Ideally, you want competence. not nepotism.
It's not just politics. This is life, people. It's always been this way. There is a reason there is a very popular saying.

"It's who you know, not what you know."

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:43 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:49 am
It's not just politics. This is life, people. It's always been this way. There is a reason there is a very popular saying.

"It's who you know, not what you know."
100%... Watched it unfold countless times working in a small town.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

In the music business it’s definitely who you know, not what you know.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Which explains why Yoko Ono had a recording career.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Omg

Or Paul McCartney’s wife playing keys in his band.

Cap

Post by Cap »

OK Linda, keyboard solo, go!

I think even I could learn to do that.

And Paul looks so dang proud.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am

Improvise and then I'll be impressed. Right, anybody here could.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:16 am

Improvise and then I'll be impressed. Right, anybody here could.
Ngl, I couldn't do it. I can't read music and I can't play an instrument.