NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
ShelC wrote:I'd be pretty excited about Christmas at 44.
You should always be excited about Christmas no matter what age you are.
:lol:
"Be Legendary."

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

I seriously can't tell if you're fucking with me or not.

I will say this though; Can you imagine how badly the Suns would have missed the playoffs if they did, god forbid, give a guy like Jimmer the minutes he needs to develop?

I mean, the Suns might have been stuck with Towns or Okafor in the draft instead of Booker...
Good thing THAT was avoided...
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

carey

Post by carey »

Brandon Ashley didn't get drafted? Woah. We need him in training camp pronto.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Christian wood and Vince hunter went undrafted as well. I liked both of them

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Christian Wood is interesting.

Ladmo

Post by Ladmo »

Christian Wood... Sounds like something an altar boy might give to a priest...
Forcing me to conform to your beliefs is an exercise in futility.
You deal with you, because you can't stop me from being me.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:
Cap wrote:We could have had Dakari. Or Brandon. We traded the damn pick.
I think we needed a rotation big a lot more than another marginal prospect.
Oh, yippee. Last year he averaged 4.5 point and 3.3 boards on .443 shooting in a career-high 63 games.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

He was much better the year before. Last year he was yanked in and out of the rotation. He has some pick and pop ability and is a decent defensive rebounder. Can alternate between the 4 and 5.

I do think there is something to what McDonough said about a saturation point with young players. You can have too many.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Ladmo wrote:Christian Wood... Sounds like something an altar boy might give to a priest...

Holy shit. A Ladmo siting??
Odsbodkins.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Cap wrote:So, sell me on Jon Leuer.
He's 6-10 and shoots abou6t 37% from behind the arc.

Look at it this way--he's better than Earl Barron.
(OK, that's damning with faint praise ...)
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We got the poor man's Kaminsky:

[youtube][/youtube]
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ladmo's here! Good to see ya, Lad.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't know that much about Booker (or any prospect, really) but it's good to see us draft a guy who is tall for his position and can shoot really well. How is his defense?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I like Leuer. He caught my eye at Wisconsin and I've always been intrigued by him. Not just a BWS who shoots 3s (Novak). He's a very good all around offensive player, in the same mold as Frye but probably more versatile offensively. Shortcomings will be obvious but pretty savvy move I think. Like McD said, we don't need more rooks and Leuer's a young vet who's played on winning teams the last few years. Hope he gets a chance to show what he can do.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:I don't know that much about Booker (or any prospect, really) but it's good to see us draft a guy who is tall for his position and can shoot really well. How is his defense?
His D will come, he's got the athletic ability and seems driven to improve.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

JCSunsfan wrote:Christian Wood is interesting.
Yau!

[youtube][/youtube]
I just wish we could find a way to trade the Morrii for any sort of aging role model with a little bit of veteran leadership and a locker room presence on an affordable contract. Some sort of Grant Hill, KG or maybe even David West could provide some much needed guidance for our young guns right now.
Ladmo wrote:I seriously can't tell if you're fucking with me or not.

I will say this though; Can you imagine how badly the Suns would have missed the playoffs if they did, god forbid, give a guy like Jimmer the minutes he needs to develop?

I mean, the Suns might have been stuck with Towns or Okafor in the draft instead of Booker...
Good thing THAT was avoided...
I kind of agree with this. The young guys need to get out there. A lot! Even if that means being Philly for two years. We have missed the playoffs 5 years in a row now. I am afraid that mediocrity thing is not working out for us and it only prolongs the inevitable.

I like our pick though!

The Kentucky Suns.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Well, i think this was a pretty successful draft night all things considered. We addressed a major need (outside shooting) with Booker and Leuer.

Booker seems to be a very polished, mature 18 yr old who "gets it". Confident but not cocky and still can improve. I like his size for a SG also. As much raw talent as Archie has, Booker seems more of the basketball player. I think Archie definitely becomes expendable now and is maybe thrown in as sweetner to a deal.

But Booker will help spread the floor and keep defenses honest regardless of whether he's next to Bledsoe or Knight.

Leuer...same thing. A 6-10 guy that can spread the floor but also play off the dribble so teams can't just close out on him. If TJ starts getting time, having a 4 that can space things is huge since TJ isn't much of an outside threat. And Leuer can also hoepfully open things up inside for Len.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ShelC wrote:.

Leuer...same thing. A 6-10 guy that can spread the floor but also play off the dribble so teams can't just close out on him. If TJ starts getting time, having a 4 that can space things is huge since TJ isn't much of an outside threat. And Leuer can also hoepfully open things up inside for Len.
They need to play T.J. I liked him as a prospect, liked what I saw in limited time last yr, now they need to make room for him. I'd love to see him starting to open the season.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Doubt Leuer gets any minutes; seems like a practice/insurance guy to me. But I don't mind getting capable young players to fill out the end of the bench like that.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Jon Leuer 6-11 witn a 7-0 wingspan and a 37 inch vert. Standing reach is not too good at 8-10 (3 inches shy of Kaminsky). Usually that means a longer kneck, and bigger head rather than the higher, hunched shoulders players like KD have.

If you looking at a player or playing style to compare him to, think Gugliotta. I suppose he is as good as any second round prospect you might get, but he is older and closer to being a contributor.