NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
LazarusLong

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Post by LazarusLong »

Leuer's statistics last year were not dissimilar to those posted by Channing Frye in Portland the year before he joined the Suns. Leuer sat behind a certain guy named Z-Bo, who's fairly decent ballplayer. And Leuer comes from a team that knows how to play defense.

With Brandon Wright probably moving on (somebody will throw a pile of money at him) and Earl Barron rated dead last of 175 free agents, Phoenix needs all the help it can get up front.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:Brandon Ashley didn't get drafted? Woah. We need him in training camp pronto.
He hooked up with the Lakers.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... don-Ashley

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Reading through a lot of post-draft "winners and losers" articles. We don't seem to be on either list on any of these articles. Pretty apropos for the Suns.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

All I've seen are positive articles, except for Doug Franz, who said it was a good pick, but bad culture may ruin it. Something to that effect.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:All I've seen are positive articles, except for Doug Franz, who said it was a good pick, but bad culture may ruin it. Something to that effect.
As far as the draft grades go, we're scoring pretty well. 'B' to 'A' for the most part. It was a solid pick and no one seems to be disputing that. I also don't think we came out of the draft markedly better positioned for this year or the future. Just another "solid" pick.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:Reading through a lot of post-draft "winners and losers" articles. We don't seem to be on either list on any of these articles. Pretty apropos for the Suns.
I'd rather not be on any list than be a loser.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Reading through a lot of post-draft "winners and losers" articles. We don't seem to be on either list on any of these articles. Pretty apropos for the Suns.
I'd rather not be on any list than be a loser.
Of course.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We've been almost universally praised for the pick. Booker was seen as a top 10 talent, he fills a need and will almost certainly get better. He may not even be done growing.

And again, he's so polished it's hard not to be excited and think he can contribute right away. When Archie came in, seeing the way he spoke and handled himself, he was every bit 18 years old. Booker speaks and handles himself like a veteran.

carey

Post by carey »

I guess you've all read about what Boston was offering the Hornets for #9 and they wouldn't move it?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/ ... -continues
According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package featuring as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:I guess you've all read about what Boston was offering the Hornets for #9 and they wouldn't move it?

According to sources, the Celtics' final offer to the Hornets was a package featuring as many as six draft picks, including four potential first-round selections (a combination of picks from this draft and in the future). But the Hornets could not be swayed and turned down multiple offers to select Wisconsin center Frank Kaminsky.
I think the most amazing thing about all that is that they would not take the offer, AND they took Kaminsky instead of Winslow. I like Kaminsky, but not above Winslow. Winslow has the potential to be a superstar.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I guess you've all read about what Boston was offering the Hornets for #9 and they wouldn't move it?
You guessed wrong. ;) Thanks.
"Be Legendary."

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Wow. Huh. Wow.

carey

Post by carey »

Bruiser wrote:
Wow. Huh. Wow.
1st thought: Well... Jordan.
2nd thought: But... no one 4 through 8 wanted that package?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

carey wrote:
Bruiser wrote:
Wow. Huh. Wow.
I refuse to believe that. Not you Carey. Just whoever put that out there. This. cannot. be.

carey

Post by carey »

Bruiser wrote:
carey wrote:
Bruiser wrote:
Wow. Huh. Wow.
I refuse to believe that. Not you Carey. Just whoever put that out there. This. cannot. be.
I normally wouldn't, but Lowe confirmed it. Lebatard was talking about it on his show today too because Heat fans can't believe Winslow just fell into their lap. They had a running joke about Jordan just assuming everyone was calling about Kaminsky. "Man, they really like Frank! We gotta take him!"
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Pafffff! That's just too good.

Sorry I'm hammered.

Did anybody watch this btw?

[youtube][/youtube]

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

That's hilarious!!!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't think it's so crazy. We don't know how high those picks were. Four 20 and above 1st round picks isn't that great.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah I think the Celtics have accumulated a bunch of fool's gold assets like end-of-the-first-round picks in future drafts. Those are ok to have, but any number of those are still less valuable than an honest to goodness top 10 pick.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Superbone wrote:I don't think it's so crazy. We don't know how high those picks were. Four 20 and above 1st round picks isn't that great.
Well - I just thought it sounded pretty unreasonable but what do I know. Thank you for the clarification.
Ladmo wrote:Christian Wood... Sounds like something an altar boy might give to a priest...

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/614568393333690369

Daryl "The Priest" Morey