NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/614808986475491328

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

LazarusLong wrote:Leuer's statistics last year were not dissimilar to those posted by Channing Frye in Portland the year before he joined the Suns. Leuer sat behind a certain guy named Z-Bo, who's fairly decent ballplayer. And Leuer comes from a team that knows how to play defense.

With Brandon Wright probably moving on (somebody will throw a pile of money at him) and Earl Barron rated dead last of 175 free agents, Phoenix needs all the help it can get up front.
Maybe this is why the Suns were keen on Leuer. Career high 23 points against them in December 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb2gFzK5nts

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

There was a quick blurb a few days ago about how we're interested in bringing back Brandan Wright. I hope so, I think he has a niche and can make an impact during the season. He may not be an every night guy, but he can change the game some.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:There was a quick blurb a few days ago about how we're interested in bringing back Brandan Wright. I hope so, I think he has a niche and can make an impact during the season. He may not be an every night guy, but he can change the game some.
Agreed. I read something from him recently that led me to believe the same thing (that the org told him they wanted him back, but just had to wait to take care of other business first).

Indy

Post by Indy »

It gives me hope that they are trying (even desperately trying) to get rid of two guys that I was in favor of signing last year. Man, it took me an extra 3 months, but INF couldn't have been more right about that.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Also we're on the list to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge according to David Aldridge.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:Also we're on the list to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge according to David Aldridge.
That's something. I'll take it. Last thing I read we weren't even on the list. Better get that leather-bound book printed!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not that I feel sorry for him, but that can't make Markieff feel good to hear that we're trying to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love, both of whom play his same position.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

F him.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:Not that I feel sorry for him, but that can't make Markieff feel good to hear that we're trying to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love, both of whom play his same position.
Both of whom are much much better than him. And not charged with felonious acts.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Not that I feel sorry for him, but that can't make Markieff feel good to hear that we're trying to meet with LaMarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love, both of whom play his same position.
Both of whom are much much better than him. And not charged with felonious acts.
Yeah, after the coach yelling incident and the "alleged" off-court incident, I'm not too worried about these two knuckleheads. They've lost the privilege of staying together that we've afforded them.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree; I'd be fine with moving either or both of them. But what do we do when we strike out on trying to recruit Love/Aldridge and can't find a good trade for the Morrii?

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:I agree; I'd be fine with moving either or both of them. But what do we do when we strike out on trying to recruit Love/Aldridge and can't find a good trade for the Morrii?
I may be in the minority (or even be a lone advocate), but I think we would be a better team without either on the roster and having the cap space back. I would be doing everything I could to exercise the morality clause in their contract. I know Keef was clutch for us, but what good did it do us? And do we really want him being the leader of this team on the court, or even worse, in the locker room?

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:I agree; I'd be fine with moving either or both of them. But what do we do when we strike out on trying to recruit Love/Aldridge and can't find a good trade for the Morrii?
Apparently our next target is DeMare Carroll: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /29489891/
The idea of adding Carroll is intriguing, although not nearly as vital as the need for front-line help. Carroll's journeyman resume (five teams in six years) and career earnings ($8 million, less than he would command for next season alone) do not indicate the impact the Hawks small forward could have in Phoenix.

Carroll is a late-bloomer, turning a defensive reputation into an all-around game with 3-point shooting and an ability to create shots and draw fouls. Carroll, in his prime as he turns 29 in four weeks, will have his share of pursuers, too. There is no hiding efficiency from NBA analytics departments these days, especially when it is combined with Carroll's character. Suns coach Jeff Hornacek, a former Utah assistant, knows that from seeing Carroll make his first big career leap with the Jazz from 2011-12 to 2012-13.

Carroll averaged 12.6 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.3 steals last season for Atlanta and ranked 12th in the NBA for true shooting percentage (factoring field goals, 3-pointers and free throws), just two spots ahead of another "3-and-D" wing candidate, Danny Green.

With Carroll, Atlanta is in a predicament that could force a choice between Carroll and Paul Millsap, another possible Suns free-agency fit — with Hornacek ties in Utah, too.

The Suns are making it clear that they are buyers in this offseason, including an apparent quick resolution for the negotiations with restricted free agent Brandon Knight. His contract will not affect cap space if his official signing comes last because the Suns can exceed the cap to re-sign him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We don't need another guy who needs 30 minutes a night unless we plan on moving about 4 other guys. What good is Carroll when we have Tucker, Warren, Marcus all warranting minutes or simply getting them because of their contract?

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

The Suns have zero shot of landing LMA or Love.

We have a non-playoff team in the western conference.

We dont have a point guard to distribute the ball.

The team is filled with "me-first" primadonnas.

Recruiting them is about as pointless as their "attempt" to land LBJ and Carmelo Anthony last summer.

Which says a lot, actually. Our GM actually WANTED Carmelo Anthony.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

da_suns_fan wrote:The Suns have zero shot of landing LMA or Love.

We have a non-playoff team in the western conference.

We dont have a point guard to distribute the ball.

The team is filled with "me-first" primadonnas.

Recruiting them is about as pointless as their "attempt" to land LBJ and Carmelo Anthony last summer.

Which says a lot, actually. Our GM actually WANTED Carmelo Anthony.
So what, just . . .Image

TOO

Post by TOO »

Not really seeing where Carroll fits, we have a bunch of 3/4 tweeners, would be spending money just to do so.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Not really seeing where Carroll fits, we have a bunch of 3/4 tweeners, would be spending money just to do so.
I think it depends on what happens with the Awful Twins.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like Carroll somewhat, but even if we got rid of both Morrii, we still have a glut of mediocre SFs. Tucker and Warren would still be on the roster, and both of them ought to get minutes. I actually think SF is "set" and is totally adequate on this roster. I could see upgrading it if a star SF were available, but I don't consider Carroll to be in that class.