NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
OE32

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2015

Post by OE32 »

It appears to me that the plan is to get a 2/3 3&D guy. A guy who can play with any 2 of Bledsoe, Knight and Warren. That way, we have a starter ready if we trade Bled, and we have a perfect 6th man if/when Warren ascends to his rightful place on this team. Tucker's not that guy. Makes sense if you look at it that way.

BTW. Anyone else notice how neither the beat reporter nor anyone in the FO even so much as mentions the Morrises? It's as if they don't exist. Wonder what the year has in store for them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OE32 wrote:BTW. Anyone else notice how neither the beat reporter nor anyone in the FO even so much as mentions the Morrises? It's as if they don't exist. Wonder what the year has in store for them.
Yes, I have noticed. I'll be very interested to find out.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

carey wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:54 pm
Shabazz wrote:I guess Oubre would be my choice. But another wingman..
I've heard he's dumber than a box of rocks. Couldn't learn the playbook at Kansas.
I retract my 5-year-old Oubre slander.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL, nice find. Nobody go look at any of my old draft posts. I didn't want us to draft Amare, even. And I loved the Dragan Bender pick. My record on the draft is horrid.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha. I was wondering why a 2015 thread had popped up. That must have been eating at you for a while, carey. Good man to be able to admit that you were wrong.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I didn't even remember saying it. Note that I didn't say I thought he was dumb, only that I read it! I went searching for my old Booker takes from the draft and couldn't find any.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I remember being pretty subdued about this draft overall because we were picking late lotto, it didn't feel like a strong draft overall and we had a lot of good players but I didn't think anyone coming in would make that much of an impact initially. I think it was known we were interested in Book and pretty much had him pegged as our pick. He was considered a solid player, one of the better/best shooters in the draft but I'm always lukewarm towards SGs/SFs in the draft regardless. Also remember Portis being a name talked about for us as well.
Last edited by ShelC on Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’d be curious to see my takes. I glanced through here but didn’t see any from myself. I remember feeling good about Booker. I thought it was the right pick, but I wasn’t super excited about it. The guys I really liked in this draft were DAR and KP, but knew they were long gone. I had slight hopes that Stanley Johnson(yikes) or Myles Turner would fall. Turner was who I really wanted. Feel good about that. At least that’s how I remember it, could be wrong though.