Arizona Cardinals

Discuss anything you want.
For discussions about politics, please use the Politics area instead.
AmareIsGod

Arizona Cardinals

Post by AmareIsGod »

2 and 0. If they can keep Palmer healthy, this team is lethal on offense. Go Cardinals!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

LazarusLong

Re: Arizona Cardinals

Post by LazarusLong »

Offensively, it is has the best balance and overall talent since the St. Louis teams coached by Coryell in 1974-76. Defense needs some work, yet. Too many blown coverages in the first two games.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Defensively, they looked much better. If it wasn't for a big special teams play by Jarryd Hayne, I doubt that SF would have scored. Two pick 6s, 4 interceptions, 1 safety, and only 156 total yards given up. Offensively, they looked good and would have looked even better if some of the receivers didn't drop the ball a few times. The only time that they haven't scored in the red zone was because they ran out of time before the half.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That lost sucked...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Agreed
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nail biter today.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

They squeaked by.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cardinals are a great organization from top to bottom. Meanwhile, the Suns continue to serve up a shit sandwich. There's crickets chirping here and constant chatter over there. I don't get it...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Hopefully some of you start coming around so we can actually talk about a winner.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I think they are a balanced team and can win the game from any category, but I would love for them to be consistent with their play throughout the game and from game to game.

It seems to me that when it's crunch time, Palmer gets a little off target this year. Whereas last year when they had to come back in a game, he became is little more accurate. It seems like they are on the fence whether they are a great team or mediocre. I just want them to dominate every minute on the field and bring a Lombardi trophy to the Cards fans.

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:Hopefully some of you start coming around so we can actually talk about a winner.
You do realize this is a Suns board, right? Seems weird to complain there isn't enough talk about other sports here...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:Hopefully some of you start coming around so we can actually talk about a winner.
You do realize this is a Suns board, right? Seems weird to complain there isn't enough talk about other sports here...
Seems weird for you to complain about me complaining.

On a related note to the Arizona Cardinals, I agree In2ition. The team is loaded on both offense and defense. It seems there are stretches where one or the other dominates followed by short stretches of maddening mistakes. I want to see them put together a complete game against a good opponent. The 2nd half of the season will be a very tough test. That Green Bay game towards the end of the season will be a huge rest going into the playoffs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

It's just nice to see the Cardinals as a respected team now. They have been a doormat for so many decades.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Ugly first half. 2 turnovers by our regular stars on offense. Poor secondary play. Ouch.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

AmareIsGod wrote:Ugly first half. 2 turnovers by our regular stars on offense. Poor secondary play. Ouch.
The game had a happy ending though. ;)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I like happy endings.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

That was an awesome win, I got pretty worried there for a second. Glad to hear Iupati is okay.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

We just hung up 39 points in CenturyLink field. Unbelievable. The Cards had every opportunity to fold when the Seahawks grabbed the lead in the 4th, but these guys are tough as hell.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

19-0 sure did quiet the crowd nicely. You knew a comeback was coming in the second half. The Cards responded well to the pressure of the momentum swing and finished them off.

pickle

Post by pickle »

thanks to sunday night football, i managed to catch the last quarter plus of the game today. that was awesome. too close for comfort, but awesome.