SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So I roamed on over to RealGM in search of INF and apparently there is an "in the know" poster there named ray ray who says its about to get bumpy for us, but cannot say more. Is this guy legit? Where is Kerssed when ya need him?
Who cares? The guy's not telling us anything. Just adding confusion.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I love how we are getting a pretty decent number of posts here lately on this "new" site. But I do think we have fallen into the rut of making giant threads like "free agency" or "draft" or "suns news: offseason" that just balloon to 35 pages long. If the Suns make a transaction, or if a Suns player signs somewhere else (like Frye signing in Orlando), we should just make a new thread about it. :-)

(says the former deputy of the Thread Police)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:It would be nice for something to actually happen. This past week has been pretty boring with nothing but so called sports reporters quoting each other as sources. Although it is kinda amusing to watch them spin one random guys opinion into some solid source inside an organization and get it pushed to the national media.
Be careful what you wish for. I don't want action just for the sake of action if we end up in worse shape.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The "Lebron James, yes or no" thread is a good example of a simple thread about a single topic. I like it, even though we had been discussing Lebron rumors plenty already in other threads.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:What's bumpy? Bledsoe tells us he doesn't want to be here? We can still match or sign and trade him.
I dunno, obviously the bumpiest thing would be moving Dragic. Blowing FA cash could also be bumpy.. Was just wondering if anyone knew if he was legit?
He supposedly has a source with a source. I don't trust him too much. He's not a Traxxe level poster anyway.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
ShelC wrote:What's bumpy? Bledsoe tells us he doesn't want to be here? We can still match or sign and trade him.
I dunno, obviously the bumpiest thing would be moving Dragic. Blowing FA cash could also be bumpy.. Was just wondering if anyone knew if he was legit?
He supposedly has a source with a source. I don't trust him too much. He's not a Traxxe level poster anyway.
Whatever happened to that guy?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Another name that doesn't mean anything to me.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:The "Lebron James, yes or no" thread is a good example of a simple thread about a single topic. I like it, even though we had been discussing Lebron rumors plenty already in other threads.
I just figured.. WWMD? And knowing you all of these years, I figured that thread was a good, singular topic of discussion place. Thanks Mori!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marcus Thornton anybody?

http://fansided.com/2014/07/07/nba-rumo ... n/#!barByf
What Thornton doesn’t bring to the court is defense as he’s one of the worst defenders at his position in the NBA. That’s not to say he doesn’t give effort, but he’s continually finding himself back peddling and often gives up as many points on the defensive end as he attributes on the offensive side.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

ray ray: Lebron will hear today the Suns last pitch.. He will then make the his decision. Once the decision is made, you'll see the Suns make multiples moves with it without Lebron.

I'm apologize for not being able to get into specifics, buts that what all I'm being told. Dragic future with the Suns depends on Lebron's decision.

Take it for what its worth..

Speculation station engage.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:Marcus Thornton anybody?
No thanks. Low 40s chucker. Not exactly what we need & I don't feel like helping Cleveland unless a significant asset is attached.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

In regards to Thornton, Green filled our poor defending chucker quota admirably last year, I think we're set there.

carey

Post by carey »

Uh, Ray Ray said this...

" Lebron will hear today the Suns last pitch.. He will then make the his decision. Once the decision is made, you'll see the Suns make multiples moves with it without Lebron.

I'm apologize for not being able to get into specifics, buts that what all I'm being told. Dragic future with the Suns depends on Lebron's decision.

Take it for what it's worth."

Don't like the sound of that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ha yeah I posted that but it hit the last post of page death hole.

I just want to see what we look like next year! This and all the football transfer rumors have had me glued to twitter/forums for what seems like forever :lol:

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

carey wrote:Uh, Ray Ray said this...

" Lebron will hear today the Suns last pitch.. He will then make the his decision. Once the decision is made, you'll see the Suns make multiples moves with it without Lebron.

Take it for what it's worth."

Don't like the sound of that.
He may very well be vetted, but he's not sharing anything that we all don't already know.

carey

Post by carey »

I didn't know we got a second meeting. Didn't know the bit about Goran either.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Also, if it's Lebron hearing from the Suns, not his agent, that's news to me and signficant.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I was concerned that Lebron would choose not to meet with us at all. This is encouraging news, despite the somber tone of his post.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dragic's future with the Suns depends on Lebron's decision.
What does that mean to you guys? We get LeBron, we lose Dragic? Or other way around?

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think Dragic is a gonner regardless, it could just be who for. Love, Rondo, George, other?