SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by SDC »

Xylus wrote:
ShelC wrote:From Ken Berger at CBSSports:
League sources also say stars now align in post-decision world for Luol Deng to land in Phoenix. Several teams still in mix.
Really?
Uhhhh. I don't even know what's going on anymore. How many point guards and small forwards do we need?
i love the nba 2k15-ish roster little mcdo is contructing for the suns.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

SDC wrote:
Xylus wrote:
ShelC wrote:From Ken Berger at CBSSports:
League sources also say stars now align in post-decision world for Luol Deng to land in Phoenix. Several teams still in mix.
Really?
Uhhhh. I don't even know what's going on anymore. How many point guards and small forwards do we need?
i love the nba 2k15-ish roster little mcdo is contructing for the suns.
We need a franchise guy.

Is there ANY way the Suns get Love?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Without moving Dragic? I'd say not via trade, no. Chasing him in FA next year is likely.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I want Ed Davis to pair with the Kieff, I think we could platoon them and get decent production as a stop gap. Although his agent probably has irrational demands after seeing what Hill got.

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:Guys. Bledsoe has to want to go somewhere in a S&T. He's not going to want to play in Minnesota, can we stop pretending like Bledsoe to Minnesota is going to be a thing?
he doesnt want to go to minnesota and he's afraid to accept the milwaukee max offer.

Kerrsed

Post by Kerrsed »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I want Ed Davis to pair with the Kieff, I think we could platoon them and get decent production as a stop gap. Although his agent probably has irrational demands after seeing what Hill got.
Suns have contacted Davis agent.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kerrsed wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I want Ed Davis to pair with the Kieff, I think we could platoon them and get decent production as a stop gap. Although his agent probably has irrational demands after seeing what Hill got.
Suns have contacted Davis agent.
Fabulous.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I said I wanted Jordan Hill before Davis and Hill just got a lot. I hope that's not an indication of what Davis can command.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

A year ago, the feeling around the league was that this was one of the worst-constructed rosters in the NBA. Since then they've dumped players (Beasley, Marshall, Brown, W. Johnson), traded older guys who weren't really part of their future (Scola, Dudley), let some older role players go as free agents (O'Neal, Frye) and used their marketable talent to accumulate draft picks (Gortat).

Now you have to feel a lot more positive about the talent level, both because of their 48-win season and the relative youth of the roster now.

Age as of 2/1/15 -

29 - P.J. Tucker, Gerald Green
28 - Goran Dragic
26 - Miles Plumlee
25 - Eric Bledsoe, Markieff Morris, Marcus Morris, Isaiah Thomas
21 - Alex Len
20 - Archie Goodwin, T.J. Warren
19 - Tyler Ennis
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Marc Stein:
ESPN sources say Phoenix has tried to force its way into the Luol Deng bidding tonight. Miami has been pressing all day for deal with Deng
Sure, why not.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I really don't want to commit much to Deng. Given how much he's played, I just fear/feel he's ready to break down soon.
I'd imagine the Suns think they can play him at the 4 in small ball line-ups, with our 3 point guards and one of Markieff, Len and Plumlee.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

When Mcdonaugh heard 2yrs 20mil he raced in. haha.

I'm not a fan though
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Suns have been looking for Love. But Wiggins trumps Morris Bros and Dragic.

Haven't heard anything about the Pistons. Dunno there.

Pacers thing is ding-dong dead.

We did talk to Marion's agent
From Insider at RealGM
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why would we want Deng? I like Luol but we have plenty of adequate SFs. We need a PF in the worst way.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Suns have been looking for Love. But Wiggins trumps Morris Bros and Dragic.

Haven't heard anything about the Pistons. Dunno there.

Pacers thing is ding-dong dead.

We did talk to Marion's agent
From Insider at RealGM
I'd take Matrix back in half a heartbeat as 3/4 insurance - didn't know he was a FA.....

TOO

Post by TOO »

Dragic and the MoBros > Wiggins, Flip is a moron. Pretty sure if all 3 weren't about to get raises we'd actually have a shot at Love.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I would be cool with the idea of being smallish with Deng at the 4. I've always liked the idea of him there and would rather go with him than Marion, of the two. With Deng it's all about health.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Deng is no 4, Tucker would play the 4 before Deng IMO. He's probably still got some tread left, but we just re-upped PJ and drafted TJ. No room.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Deng is no 4, Tucker would play the 4 before Deng IMO. He's probably still got some tread left, but we just re-upped PJ and drafted TJ. No room.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

In addition to Deng's shaky-at-best health, we're talking roles - Deng is still at the point of starting while Matrix is in the sunset & best in a reduced (insurance) role.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'd take Trix back to as long as the deal isn't more then 2yrs. I think thats all he has left