SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'd take Trix back to as long as the deal isn't more then 2yrs. I think thats all he has left
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

If we are willing to trade Dragic for Love without an extension as reported by the RealGM "insiders," I will 100% lose my shit. You keep one or the other, under no circumstances do you risk losing both for nothing.

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If we are willing to trade Dragic for Love without an extension as reported by the RealGM "insiders," I will 100% lose my shit. You keep one or the other, under no circumstances do you risk losing both for nothing.
#mcdoOUT?

carey

Post by carey »

The only way you take the risk is if you already know you're not re-signing Dragic after next season. However, Minnesota will have the same problem. I doubt Dragic wants to be there long term. Why trade a guy that can leave for another guy that can leave. I think the realGM insider is full of crud on this one.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

I think that the rumor that the Suns are trying to get Love is absolutely real. As much as we hate to admit it, the "insiders" at RealGM in question have a long track record of leaking real info going back all the way to the Shaq trade. Also, the roster as constructed makes absolutely no sense without a trade:

G: Dragic, Bledsoe, IT, Green, Archie, Ennis with the first four being legit NBA starters

Although rumor has it that Dragic is being offered, I see a IT-Dragic combination working much better than a IT-Bledsoe combination. Dragic's defensive difficulties relate to his inability to stop small guards, while IT seems good at stopping small PGs but have difficulties with larger ones. I wonder if an IT-Bled backcourt is a bit too small without Dragic's size.

If Bledsoe's not willing to sign with Minny for a S&T, why not do something like this:

Cleveland: Kyrie Irving for Bledsoe (S&T) and Green
Minny: Kevin Love for Kyrie Irving (long-term contract), the Morris Twins + draft pick from PHX
Phoenix: Bledsoe + Morris Twins + Draft pick for Kevin Love

Cleveland gets to pair Lebron with his friend and get a lethal gunner and slasher who is a perfect complement to Lebron and Bledsoe. Minny replaces one star with another (KI), gets Markieff whose rights they can control, and some 1st round draft pick. The Suns end up with a balanced roster:

PG: IT, Ennis
SG: Dragic, Archie
SF: PJ, TJ
PF: Love, ???
C: Len/Plumlee

This would fit the recent MO of signing value contracts, with the only potential bomb on the horizon being Dragic next year. I haven't checked the contracts, but I would guess that the Suns' front office would have had to look at this.

The party that could potentially say no is Cleveland, of course.

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

Who still has room to sign Bledsoe to a max contract that would actually want to sign him. I see that the Hornets and 76ers have cap space but does he make sense at either of those teams? I'm wondering if we're going to be able to sign him to a more reasonable contract the longer things drag out and the other "suitors" spend all their money in another direction.

Kerrsed

Post by Kerrsed »

dragickingdom wrote:Who still has room to sign Bledsoe to a max contract that would actually want to sign him. I see that the Hornets and 76ers have cap space but does he make sense at either of those teams? I'm wondering if we're going to be able to sign him to a more reasonable contract the longer things drag out and the other "suitors" spend all their money in another direction.
Miami will be making a push for Bledsoe and has plenty of money to offer him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That's why I don't get our pursuit of Deng. Let Miami sign him and eat up all their cap space. If we sign him, the Heat will just go after Bledsoe to screw us.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

All the twitter chatter suggests Deng to Miami is just about a done deal

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Mori, this might also make you feel better

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/488189753599066114

TOO

Post by TOO »

Kerrsed wrote:
dragickingdom wrote:Who still has room to sign Bledsoe to a max contract that would actually want to sign him. I see that the Hornets and 76ers have cap space but does he make sense at either of those teams? I'm wondering if we're going to be able to sign him to a more reasonable contract the longer things drag out and the other "suitors" spend all their money in another direction.
Miami will be making a push for Bledsoe and has plenty of money to offer him.
Suns'll match, too bad Miami has so little to off in way of s&t. I'd really rather not max Bledsoe, especially after picking up IT2.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

S&T Bledsoe to Miami for Norris Cole and the draft rights to James Ennis, then move Cole to Houston for Motiejunas and a 2nd rounder.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

As soon as LeBron went to CLE I thought Miami might make a play for Bledsoe, if they were intent on competing and spending money. They could do a lot worse than pay Bledsoe to put next to Wade and have a future with Bosh.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I know this is a ridiculous thing to say, but if the Heat's major change was to downgrade from Lebron to Bledsoe, I honestly think that isn't such a huge drop-off for them. They'd still be very competitive in the East as long as they sign a few depth guys, preferably some who can shoot 3s.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Exactly. They won't win anything (so to some, the philosophy is maybe why bother) but the East is still pretty wide open and a team with Bledsoe, Wade, Deng (assuming they get him) Bosh and McB would be good enough for the playoffs and maybe a 2nd round appearance.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Bledsoe really would be a perfect fit in Miami.

Bledsoe, Wade and Bosh could probably still win the East if Wade has a healthy season (big IF..i know).

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:S&T Bledsoe to Miami for Norris Cole and the draft rights to James Ennis, then move Cole to Houston for Motiejunas and a 2nd rounder.
Gross.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hey, at least we have a stretch PF coming our way.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

ShelC wrote:Exactly. They won't win anything (so to some, the philosophy is maybe why bother) but the East is still pretty wide open and a team with Bledsoe, Wade, Deng (assuming they get him) Bosh and McB would be good enough for the playoffs and maybe a 2nd round appearance.
They still owe their 2015 pick to Cleveland, so thats a good motivation to avoid rock bottom for at least one more year.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Wouldn't be surprised if we were talking to Philly about Thaddus Young. He would make sense here and Philadelphia is in tank mode again.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”