Around the League: July 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Around the League: July 2014

Post by ShelC »

Mike Cairns is putting the info out there, he's a broadcaster in Cleveland. Those sound like the parameters of a potential deal, not the actual terms.

https://twitter.com/MikeCairns5

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/488078485802323969

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/488077889825292288

James only signing for 2 years in Cleveland.
are the suns ready if lebron bails out on cleveland after one year?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Again, LeBron will never leave CLE again. 0% chance after already leaving once. That letter he wrote explained it all, he's there to raise his family at home, he's got his rings.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Pierce to Washington for the MLE. 2yr deal....Nice get by Washington, I think he fits in nicely with their team and they got him cheaper then Ariza.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... th-Wizards
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Interesting. So does that mean Brooklyn didn't want him back or could they just not afford to resign him? Not sure what he has left in the tank, there's a lot of miles on the Truth. He's the kind of vet leader that team needs though. I can see him and Gortat just gettin' after people.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Nice recover by Wash as long as Pierce has some left in the tank. Also allows them to keep Porter developing, since Pierce is not longer logging big minutes.

SDC

Post by SDC »

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Spor ... tine-Tweet

Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard immediately apologized after he tweeted "#FreePalestine" on Saturday.

Howard immediately deleted the tweet and wrote that the "Previous tweet was a mistake. I have never commented on international politics and never will." He then apologized again, Tweeting, "I apologize if I offended anyone with my previous tweet, it was a mistake!"

Howard Tweeted his words during a weekend in which Hamas was firing rockets at Israel.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Morrow to OKC.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... th-thunder

I like the move and deal.
Agreed. One the few deals that has made sense and is great value. I'll put it right up there with the Suns getting Thomas.

So how does Jodie Meeks get nearly $7 million a year but Morrow gets $3 million? Answer: one contract was done by Stan Van Gundy, the other by Sam Presti.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:4/$32Mil for Ariza from Houston? Guess they didn't learn last time.
Same thing I thought. I don't think it's an overpay necessarily, because that was market price, but in the end, he's going to disappoint again. Ariza was good last year, but he's just not a guy you can count on, and for $8 million a year, you need to be able to count on the player. His D will be invaluable next to Harden though.

This has been a bad, bad offseason for Houston.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You can't always get what you want.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/488102735632273409

$7M/yr for 2 years for Marvin Williams.
What's funny about that is that is what he was essentially making on his previous contract, a contract that was considered undesirable. What has changed?

The stretch 4 is getting love like rim protectors did a few years ago. S/o to big Roy in Indy and Lousy Larry in Milwaukee.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Pierce to Washington for the MLE. 2yr deal....Nice get by Washington, I think he fits in nicely with their team and they got him cheaper then Ariza.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... th-Wizards
Agreed again. Great move for them. I think he'll be a great influence on Wall and Beal. On a related note, Otto Porter dropped 25 points in summer league play the other day.

SDC

Post by SDC »

so the suns want another small forward (deng)? so their free agent targets are PG and SF. and they just drafted ennis and warren.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Glad to see you back, INF. You were missed.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC wrote:so the suns want another small forward (deng)? so their free agent targets are PG and SF. and they just drafted ennis and warren.
You're right; it doesn't make much sense. Then again, I don't think Deng is a serious target for us. I really doubt we'll get him.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:

Agreed. One the few deals that has made sense and is great value. I'll put it right up there with the Suns getting Thomas.

So how does Jodie Meeks get nearly $7 million a year but Morrow gets $3 million? Answer: one contract was done by Stan Van Gundy, the other by Sam Presti.
It does't hurt either that SVG is recruiting for the Detroit of tomorrow, while Presti does for today's OKC, even the all mighty, great Pat Riley hit the rocks when he tried this year to recruit for the Miami Lebronless.

Sam Presti running Detroit and Stan Van Gundy recruiting for the Thunder, would not result in the same contracts, as I agree that Presti is a superior executive, but it is worth notice the context under each of them is operating.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Deng to Heat. 2/20mil. Glad his name stops being mentioned with us now. Would of been a bad fit.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
INFORMER wrote:

It does't hurt either that SVG is recruiting for the Detroit of tomorrow, while Presti does for today's OKC, even the all mighty, great Pat Riley hit the rocks when he tried this year to recruit for the Miami Lebronless.

Sam Presti running Detroit and Stan Van Gundy recruiting for the Thunder, would not result in the same contracts, as I agree that Presti is a superior executive, but it is worth notice the context under each of them is operating.
Meeks getting that money doesn't make sense for today or tomorrow. Who were the bidding against for his services? I'm not saying other teams weren't interested but at that price and lentgh? doubtfull.

I still can't believe the Lakers gave Nick Young 4/21.5. That doesn't make them better this year and clogs their cap for when They lose Kobe in 2yrs.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Deng to Heat. 2/20mil. Glad his name stops being mentioned with us now. Would of been a bad fit.
I would think that takes them out of the Bledsoe race, right? Well, for a max contract at least.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

BigLewy wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Deng to Heat. 2/20mil. Glad his name stops being mentioned with us now. Would of been a bad fit.
I would think that takes them out of the Bledsoe race, right? Well, for a max contract at least.

I think that depends on what DWade will make, but I think you're right.