Summer Suns vs. Summer Warriors

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SwingMan

Re: Summer Suns vs. Summer Warriors

Post by SwingMan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:What a dumbass. What point is it to have these rookies play in the summer league if you aren't even playing them down the stretch in a tight game?

To make matters worse Warren was the leading scorer and Ennis had several clutch plays in the 4th.

Like....WTF was that? He pulled Len for Elliot Harris too.
Part of that poise - Ennis was heating up during the biggest stretch. Was disappointing as hell to see him yanked - and is fucking Elias Harris in the mix for ANY roster?

Loved seeing Warren prove his critics wrong on defense, though.....

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Probably three of the most important guys needed at the end of the game were sitting on the bench. I don't get it.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

If youre gonna let a non-PG be the PG at the the end of the game, why not Archie instead of Curry? Curry is only there because of his name. Welp, on to the next one.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Grade the Rookies....

Warren A-
Ennis C+ (he blew 3 fastbreaks by failing to finish...His athleticsim is underwhelming but we knew this. He had a solid 2nd half, particularly 4thq, though)
Brown F (it was nerves..The guy CAN shoot)
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone sticking around for the debut of Exum? Just had a sick alley oop from Burke.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If youre gonna let a non-PG be the PG at the the end of the game, why not Archie instead of Curry? Curry is only there because of his name. Welp, on to the next one.
The kid can shoot but yeah, idk why we weren't giving the guys that are 100% locks for the roster the right minutes. Maybe it's just to evaluate the other guys further?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:Anyone sticking around for the debut of Exum? Just had a sick alley oop from Burke.
Oooh, Trey Burke you say? I'm in lol.

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:If youre gonna let a non-PG be the PG at the the end of the game, why not Archie instead of Curry? Curry is only there because of his name. Welp, on to the next one.
The kid can shoot but yeah, idk why we weren't giving the guys that are 100% locks for the roster the right minutes. Maybe it's just to evaluate the other guys further?
I'm just gonna blame Longabardi for being a noob.

TOO

Post by TOO »

On second thought, I'd rather listen to cats screw than be sujected to the vocal stylings of Walt Frazier.

carey

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

I feel for Alex Len.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Given how thin we are at PF, can someone tell me how did Len and Plumlee look out there together?

carey

Post by carey »

Danimal wrote:Given how thin we are at PF, can someone tell me how did Len and Plumlee look out there together?
Plumlee looked awful. Missed everything. Hopefully he was just pressing or something. Len looked o.k., better but still a ways to go. Just the first game though so we will see how they look after the jitters are gone.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I look forward to the day, hopefully before I croak, that the Suns put a good defensive rebounding team on the floor.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:I look forward to the day, hopefully before I croak, that the Suns put a good defensive rebounding team on the floor.
Jarnell Stokes.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Len and Plumlee looked awful together. Chalk it up to the first game, being TOO big for summer league, the offense overall...I don't know. The first half in general for the team was bad. We were running a lot of halfcourt sets that just weren't working, the spacing wasn't there, GS was pressing up defensively which was throwing us off. But Plumlee's not an offensive player and Len's shot wasn't falling so we couldn't space properly. You can see the shooting potential with Len. It's not like he can't shoot or doesn't have a good touch for a guy his size. It'll take some time though.

You can tell he won't be a great rebounder though. He'll block/alter shots, but he's tall, long, and narrow and doesn't get low and can't bang because of his slight build. Not a real low center of gravity and I didn't see a great nose for the ball. He had 6 rebounds total, 5 on the offensive end, which should tell you something.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I wonder if it will bum out Len to see Nerlens Noel have a great Summer League when Noel was picked right after him.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I fear that could end up being the narrative. Noel becoming KG/Anthony Davis and Len becoming merely serviceable.

I think, overall, Len will be OK but won't be the impactful player Noel is. They're different players, and I think where Len can stand out is offensively.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

Len is snakebitten. Broken pinky and his summer league is over.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /12595953/

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

FRICK
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”