Suns News: The Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: The Offseason

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:Damn thats a nice video. Green was exciting as hell for us last year.
Some great dunks in there. Love the one in transition over Manimal when he falls down afterwards.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

How funny. I just watched that video of Green on YouTube this morning. I really hope he stays with us. Guy was unconscious at times and a terrific athlete. You need someone like that off the bench. Instant offense.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

As long he stays in the microwave role, I'd keep him. Do not want him as a starter though, that D is turrible.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

A recent Coro article:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... 5a0a727f72

Alec Brown might have a shot at making the roster versus going overseas for a year which was originally planned before Frye moved on.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Paul Westphal will be joining Lionel Hollins staff in Brooklyn. The two were assistants together on the Suns under head coach Cotton Fitzsimmons.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:I was also pleasantly surprised to see that Paul Westphal will be joining Lionel Hollins staff in Brooklyn. The two were assistants together on the Suns under head coach Cotton Fitzsimmons.
Too bad Cotton was the brains behind that operation. Typical Brooklyn move.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

AmareIsGod wrote:How funny. I just watched that video of Green on YouTube this morning. I really hope he stays with us. Guy was unconscious at times and a terrific athlete. You need someone like that off the bench. Instant offense.
When I first saw the video posted I almost had a bad feeling that it was a farewell video of some sort.

I really hope we're not dumping our under rated guys, that were actually key to our success last year. Green and Frye, thats a lot of missing offense and floor spacing.

carey

Post by carey »

Interview with Hornacek from the Suns v. Warriors Summer League game over at NBA.com: http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors ... 3_27751746
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

EDC

Post by EDC »

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

well.... that could not be more annoying news, at least he'll be okay for the season though.
~~~~~

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

At least we used 7m on a serviceable big man! Oh .....

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Darn. At least it is not one of his legs, back, etc. A broken finger is not a lingering injury, unless you're Kobe Bryant and foolishly keep playing with it.

Robot

Post by Robot »

Alex Len looking to break each bone
by Jason Walrich, azcentralnewscity.com

Alex Len is looking forward to breaking everything on his body "I love Samuel L. Jackman's portrayal of Mr.Glass - that movie is fun times to enjoy" said Len from his exo-suit. "I have to avoid things like playing basketball in order to not break my body so I can play with the Suns next season. I am hoping if I avoid basketball altogether I may be able to contribute on the bench by keeping the weight balanced for other players ." Len, the Suns fifth round pick last year went on to explain his plan for the offseason "I'm looking to break an arm bone, I don't know the technical name but the one that is inside your bicep - I will progress from there. If all goes well I will be able to not play basketball until the year my deal is up in which point I will put up modest numbers get a bigger contract than I should then turn into a pile of dust game 1 of the following season"
Crazy - he's a film buff I guess?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Honestly, Robot, you didn't even have to make one of those articles. The real AZ Republic article was Robot enough.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LMAO. I thought of Mr. Glass from Unbreakable, too.

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Jude LaCava ‏@judefox10 9h
Phx Suns discussed trade for Kevin Love yesterday/ would need 3rd team involved/ Suns do not have the right assets for deal

SDC

Post by SDC »

Robot wrote:
Alex Len looking to break each bone
by Jason Walrich, azcentralnewscity.com

Alex Len is looking forward to breaking everything on his body "I love Samuel L. Jackman's portrayal of Mr.Glass - that movie is fun times to enjoy" said Len from his exo-suit. "I have to avoid things like playing basketball in order to not break my body so I can play with the Suns next season. I am hoping if I avoid basketball altogether I may be able to contribute on the bench by keeping the weight balanced for other players ." Len, the Suns fifth round pick last year went on to explain his plan for the offseason "I'm looking to break an arm bone, I don't know the technical name but the one that is inside your bicep - I will progress from there. If all goes well I will be able to not play basketball until the year my deal is up in which point I will put up modest numbers get a bigger contract than I should then turn into a pile of dust game 1 of the following season"
Crazy - he's a film buff I guess?

next, he'll break his vertebrae like neymar.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/CraigAZSports/status/488803049939279872

No surgery needed for Len. Out 4 weeks but still misses Summer League.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What would you guys think of a three way trade with the principles of Irving, Love, Bledsoe being involved and other things inserted to even it out? I really don't know if that can even happen anymore after Irving signed his extension.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

In2ition wrote:What would you guys think of a three way trade with the principles of Irving, Love, Bledsoe being involved and other things inserted to even it out? I really don't know if that can even happen anymore after Irving signed his extension.
Repost of something I posted a couple of days ago:
I think that the rumor that the Suns are trying to get Love is absolutely real. As much as we hate to admit it, the "insiders" at RealGM in question have a long track record of leaking real info going back all the way to the Shaq trade. Also, the roster as constructed makes absolutely no sense without a trade:

G: Dragic, Bledsoe, IT, Green, Archie, Ennis with the first four being legit NBA starters

Although rumor has it that Dragic is being offered, I see a IT-Dragic combination working much better than a IT-Bledsoe combination. Dragic's defensive difficulties relate to his inability to stop small guards, while IT seems good at stopping small PGs but have difficulties with larger ones. I wonder if an IT-Bled backcourt is a bit too small without Dragic's size.

If Bledsoe's not willing to sign with Minny for a S&T, why not do something like this:

Cleveland: Kyrie Irving for Bledsoe (S&T) and Green
Minny: Kevin Love for Kyrie Irving (long-term contract), the Morris Twins + draft pick from PHX
Phoenix: Bledsoe + Morris Twins + Draft pick for Kevin Love

Cleveland gets to pair Lebron with his friend and get a lethal gunner and slasher who is a perfect complement to Lebron and Bledsoe. Minny replaces one star with another (KI), gets Markieff whose rights they can control, and some 1st round draft pick. The Suns end up with a balanced roster:

PG: IT, Ennis
SG: Dragic, Archie
SF: PJ, TJ
PF: Love, ???
C: Len/Plumlee

This would fit the recent MO of signing value contracts, with the only potential bomb on the horizon being Dragic next year. I haven't checked the contracts, but I would guess that the Suns' front office would have had to look at this.

The party that could potentially say no is Cleveland, of course.
No responses so I don't think that people are intrigued.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm sorry v9mm, I totally forgot about your post. It was probably on my mind. I would rather that Markieff stayed, but it would probably take something like that. I just think that Kieff's best role would be off the bench instead of a starter.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass