Around the League: July 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: July 2014

Post by Mori Chu »

BigLewy wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Deng to Heat. 2/20mil. Glad his name stops being mentioned with us now. Would of been a bad fit.
I would think that takes them out of the Bledsoe race, right? Well, for a max contract at least.
I was just coming here to ask if anybody knows how much cap room they have left. If they can't make a max offer any more, that really starts to limit the teams out there who might offer it to Bledsoe. I'm worried that the Bucks will still do it, and that he'll sign. But he'll do it just to get us to match. It'd be a dangerous bluff, because we could just let him walk and he'd be stuck for the rest of his life in Milwaukee with Jason Kidd (ew) as his coach and little talent on the roster.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mori Chu wrote:
BigLewy wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Deng to Heat. 2/20mil. Glad his name stops being mentioned with us now. Would of been a bad fit.
I would think that takes them out of the Bledsoe race, right? Well, for a max contract at least.
I was just coming here to ask if anybody knows how much cap room they have left. If they can't make a max offer any more, that really starts to limit the teams out there who might offer it to Bledsoe. I'm worried that the Bucks will still do it, and that he'll sign. But he'll do it just to get us to match. It'd be a dangerous bluff, because we could just let him walk and he'd be stuck for the rest of his life in Milwaukee with Jason Kidd (ew) as his coach and little talent on the roster.
Bucks and Sixers would be 2 I doubt make a play for him that could.

If Houston does not match Parsons I think they might be able to and they are the team I think we should watch out for. The Hawks have money, but also Jeff Teague..
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
BigLewy wrote:
They do have potentially two young guys that may likely become Max players on their next contracts, along with a couple other rim protectors, even though I wouldn't count on Sanders much anymore.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/488441622527750145

Houston done F'ed up this offseason.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Well damn, Mavs look improved with the addition of Tyson Chandler Parsons :D

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Morrow to OKC.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... th-thunder

I like the move and deal.
Agreed. One the few deals that has made sense and is great value. I'll put it right up there with the Suns getting Thomas.

So how does Jodie Meeks get nearly $7 million a year but Morrow gets $3 million? Answer: one contract was done by Stan Van Gundy, the other by Sam Presti.
It does't hurt either that SVG is recruiting for the Detroit of tomorrow, while Presti does for today's OKC, even the all mighty, great Pat Riley hit the rocks when he tried this year to recruit for the Miami Lebronless.

Sam Presti running Detroit and Stan Van Gundy recruiting for the Thunder, would not result in the same contracts, as I agree that Presti is a superior executive, but it is worth notice the context under each of them is operating.
Meeks getting that money doesn't make sense for today or tomorrow. Who were the bidding against for his services? I'm not saying other teams weren't interested but at that price and lentgh? doubtfull.

I still can't believe the Lakers gave Nick Young 4/21.5. That doesn't make them better this year and clogs their cap for when They lose Kobe in 2yrs.
What I tried to say, is that SVG can not offer the bright PRESENT that Presti can. He only have a "tomorrow" to pitch Free Agents, so whoever that agrees to come "today" to Detroit, is going to ask for a premium that could be discounted if the team asking were a contender.

TOO

Post by TOO »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/488494298283782145

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/488526699957481472

$7M/yr? That's pretty good value for Gasol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

This is way cool.

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/488322039086727169

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I've got no idea who that is, but it feels like a PR stunt. Either way, good for her.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I've got no idea who that is, but it feels like a PR stunt. Either way, good for her.
Have a gander if you're looking for something to read: http://espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=nakase
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Good read

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I've got no idea who that is, but it feels like a PR stunt. Either way, good for her.
yuta tabuse.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/488526699957481472

$7M/yr? That's pretty good value for Gasol.
That's a hell of a move by the Bulls.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

and he turned down more money from the lakers. I guess he got tired of being disrespected over and over again.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

He wants to win, but on a team where he is importat. The Bulls offer both and are a prestigious franchise.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ring_Wanted wrote:He wants to win, but on a team where he is importat. The Bulls offer both and are a prestigious franchise.
in the suns case, they would have had to pay around 10-12 mil a year for gasol's services.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I can't believe the Spurs couldn't make a better offer than that for Pau.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Noah, Gibson, Gasol, Mirotic is a hell of a 4/5 rotation. Throw in McBuckets, a healthy rose, Butler and an improving Snell and that's your Eastern Conference champ.

Can't forget the X-factor: Anthony Randolph. Game. Over.

carey

Post by carey »

Anyone think Rose will actually make it through the season?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!