LeBron Back to the Cavs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: LeBron Back to the Cavs

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:It would be an epic mistake to trade Wiggins. EPIC. Even if it is for Love.
even? you're a fan of Love, but i'm not. Love wont help lebron win a title in cleveland.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:It would be an epic mistake to trade Wiggins. EPIC. Even if it is for Love.
I have to disagree with this one. Lebron is in his prime now. Wiggins is what, 19? And I don't see anything to convince me that Wiggins is likely to be clearly as good/better than Love. Love is also more of the kind of player Cleveland actually needs now. I'd do that deal if I were Cleveland, no doubt. If they want to compete for titles for the next 3-4 years, that's the right move.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yup, especially having a big like that in the East? You gotta make that move now.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Where are those times, when Love was above everything??? :lol:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Usually 'everything' doesn't include the #1 pick in the most hyped draft ever. Usually LeBron doesn't come back tou you, either.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I wouldn't call it an epic failure, but I agree that it would be a mistake.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
I have to disagree with this one. Lebron is in his prime now. Wiggins is what, 19? And I don't see anything to convince me that Wiggins is likely to be clearly as good/better than Love. Love is also more of the kind of player Cleveland actually needs now. I'd do that deal if I were Cleveland, no doubt. If they want to compete for titles for the next 3-4 years, that's the right move.
Love would be more luxury than necessity. I don't care how young Wiggins is; he can play now. Is he going to put up numbers comparable to Love? Of course not. But he is going help them be a good, if not great defensive team. Love won't. Wiggins will help that franchise set up a Spurs-like run of sustained success. The Cavs will be fine on the boards, and Bennett can be a stretch 4. But what Wiggins provides now and in the future is a very rare commodity that the Cavs can't replicate to any degree.

Trading Wiggins is the kind of move the Cavs would have made during LeBron's first stint there. Don't repeat history.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I agree with a lot of what you said about the D and thinking long term. But Bennett as a stretch 4? It remains to be seen whether he can even be an NBA rotation player.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Bennet is trying to play like late years Larry Johnson.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Blatt: Cavaliers Won't Trade Andrew Wiggins

"...Cleveland opened trade talks with Minnesota by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a first-round draft pick..."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ew-Wiggins

I think that's a lowball offer, even if it's to start talking. We can do better without involving Dragic.

carey

Post by carey »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote: I think that's a lowball offer, even if it's to start talking. We can do better without involving Dragic.
We can?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

YES WE CAN!!!

Seriously, Waiters is still more potential than anything, by the tradeline Goodwin could be as good as him. Bennett is not even on 2013 Markieff's level, and as much as a higher ceiling can be discussed for Bennet, truth is they also could easily tops equally high. Cleveland's pick will no longer be near the lottery, not as long as Lebron is there.

So, Waiters + Bennett + 20ish first rounder vs. Both Morris + Goodwin + Lakers' pick + their own pick back is at least comparable, and we still can throw our own first or a couple 2nd rounders (not that I would, unless we could swap Archie for Ennis)

Without Wiggins, the only way the Cavs are getting Love, is if he forces his way there.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/judefox10/status/488405173031542784

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

The MoBros are RFA after the season, Wolves wont want that.

TOO

Post by TOO »

carey wrote:

https://twitter.com/judefox10/status/488405173031542784

McD would have to pull some of that McD magic again, not getting my hopes up.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Blatt: Cavaliers Won't Trade Andrew Wiggins

"...Cleveland opened trade talks with Minnesota by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett and a first-round draft pick..."

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... ew-Wiggins

I think that's a lowball offer, even if it's to start talking. We can do better without involving Dragic.
Value wise you are probably right, but if Love has set his sights in joining LeBron in Cleveland, it doesn't matter what other teams can offer.

All depends on how comfortable the Wolves are just playing out the season and letting Love go for nothing. The Cavs can make a better offer without Wiggins, but I could see the two sides just too far away to reach an agreement. Thompson-Waiters-Bennet-picks is in the neighbourhood of what the Nuggets gor for Melo, and usually it doesn't get a whole lot better when you are the one trading out the superstar, but the Wolves have all the looks of a stubborn franchise that won't listen to that reasoning.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Go Ryan Mc, go !!
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LeBron James' Redemption:

[youtube]fj9Ei7FGQgg[/youtube]
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.