SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Aztec Sunsfan

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

ShelC wrote:Seems to be a very fluid situation. It has to do with other teams' capspace and either not having it, or wanting to preserve it. I'm sure Milwaukee would like him, but they don't have the money to make an offer we'd consider not matching, so why bother. Not a whole lot else out there. The Lakers probably should've made a play for him to pair him with Randle as a future duo but they spent on Hill and took on Lin to get space next year.

Overall though, I don't think teams are typically going to max out a PG that isn't theirs. Bledsoe doesn't have the cache of a Chris Paul or DRose or John Wall. He's in the Kyle Lowry tier for now and I don't think Lowry would've gotten 12mil on the open market.

We may be willing to let him play out the year on his QO and be an UFA next year. We've hedged our bets with Thomas and Ennis so we have leverage there. If he wants to risk long term security now, so be it. But will he have a good to great year and most importantly, stay healthy, to where a team next year will pay him what he wants?

I'm sure in the back of our minds, we know Dragic will re-sign in the 10-11 range, if not a little cheaper and we have Thomas on a great deal. We're not desperate to throw money at Bledsoe.
Great take, better than Coro's article, he he

I really hope the Front office see it as you are calling it. There's no need to bet against ourselves, or to blow our cap space fearing the "empty hand" situation. We got him as a steal, so there is not a previous "big investment" to recover from.

As for Goran, Euros does value big on stability, when they get a situation they like on a city they enjoy, they are willing to lower their price tag, that's how we got Goran back in the first place. But I'm sure that Bledsoe making max money would affect that willingness.

I know that 6 is the new 4, and 12 is the new 8, but still, maxing out Bledsoe sounded gross to me since day one, and still do. The deal they got with Thomas encourages me, as a sign that there isn't a proclivity to overpay, even on this shopping spree the summer has become league wide.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I don't care where talent comes from. If keeping it is the right decesion, you do it regardless of what you had to give up to acquire the player.

EDC

Post by EDC »

If you are Bledsoe you really have to consider firing your agent after this off season. It may still work out for him but he should have gotten an offer already. Isn't he the only other real big name client of Lebron's agent?

I guess the agent was too busy taking meetings for Lebron and didn't have any time for working on Bledsoe's situation.

It works for us though. Just puts the Suns in a better situation in contract negotiations.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The backup talk confuses me. You guys do know he started for the Phoenix Suns (when healthy) last year, right? ;)

The Suns obviously don't want to pay him the max otherwise he'd have been signed already. They want a deal and Bledsoe's camp wants the max, thus the stalemate. I guess something needs to break like an offer from another team but it's getting awfully late in the day. It's just strange how quiet things have been in regard to Bledsoe in the Suns' camp and around the league.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Superbone wrote:The backup talk confuses me. You guys do know he started for the Phoenix Suns (when healthy) last year, right? ;)

The Suns obviously don't want to pay him the max otherwise he'd have been signed already. They want a deal and Bledsoe's camp wants the max, thus the stalemate. I guess something needs to break like an offer from another team but it's getting awfully late in the day. It's just strange how quiet things have been in regard to Bledsoe in the Suns' camp and around the league.
He wanted to get extended before he played for us and Ring said he was a backup for the clippers and nobody would pay what he wanted for a "backup" although part of my point was we were going to start him.

Does anyone think their is a chance he plays out the year on a Qualifying offer? I think it would be extremely risky and stupid on his part given how many injuries he has accumulated over his young career.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote: Does anyone think their is a chance he plays out the year on a Qualifying offer? I think it would be extremely risky and stupid on his part given how many injuries he has accumulated over his young career.
No, I don't think that's likely.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If we can keep Bledsoe at less than max I will be really happy. I still do not support maxing out a guy who has never made an all star team and had had multiple knee surgeries. It is just bad business.

Hold the line, Mr. McD! /Launchpad

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Gery Woeffel, Bucks beat writer:
Bucks definitely have interest in Eric Bledsoe, but are Suns willing to cooperate?
Do they have anything we want?

EDC

Post by EDC »

Henson looks like he could be promising.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Mori Chu wrote:Hold the line, Mr. McD! /Launchpad
[youtube]htgr3pvBr-I[/youtube]

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:Gery Woeffel, Bucks beat writer:
Bucks definitely have interest in Eric Bledsoe, but are Suns willing to cooperate?
I would be interested in Henson, Ilyasova, the draft rights to Damian Inglis, draft picks, etc.

I know you don't think it is plausible, and you're probably right, but I would still try for the Greek Freak.

Offer an S&T Bledsoe, the Morris Twins, and maybe even a pick for Antetokoumnpo, O.J. Mayo, and Ilyasova.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
ShelC wrote:Gery Woeffel, Bucks beat writer:
I would be interested in Henson, Ilyasova, the draft rights to Damian Inglis, draft picks, etc.

I know you don't think it is plausible, and you're probably right, but I would still try for the Greek Freak.

Offer an S&T Bledsoe, the Morris Twins, and maybe even a pick for Antetokoumnpo, O.J. Mayo, and Ilyasova.
Might was well. I can say his name now from watching enough summer league ball. Problem is, does Bledsoe agree to play in Milwaukee?

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No way they're giving up Giannis. I think Illyasova for sure, maybe OJ (I'd be wary of him). We could probably get Pachulia's ending deal and I'd push for a conditional pick, like top 5-8 protected in the next few years.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think all we have to do if we want Ilyasova is ask. They may even throw in a sweetener.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Why is everyone in a rush to trade our elite point guards for Ilyasova?

carey

Post by carey »

You guys hear that Ilyasova might be 3 years older than he claims?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Xylus wrote:Why is everyone in a rush to trade our elite point guards for Ilyasova?
Fuck if I know, boredom?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Rumor flying around RealGM saying their is an insider in milwauke who was on the radio today saying Bucks preparing a S&T offer to phoenix for Bledsoe.

Henson and Illyasova...but they think they may add 1 more piece.
Hmmmmmmmm...take it with a grain of salt, but I am a big fan of Henson's potential
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Don't know if it was posted earlier but Carlos Boozer was amnestied by Chicago Bulls today.

Quick question:

Would you want Carlos Boozer ?

Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Uncle_Gene wrote:Don't know if it was posted earlier but Carlos Boozer was amnestied by Chicago Bulls today.

Quick question:

Would you want Carlos Boozer ?

[ Image ]
no.