2014 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2014 NBA Draft

Post by TOO »

Sunsfan4life wrote:TOO, I just don't see Doug E. Fresh making it to us. I hope teams get scared off by the fact that he is a senior and a little older, but I see him putting on an absolute show in the tourney on a creighton team that has a legit shot to get to a final 4
We've got the ammo to move around, but yes, if we stay put and WASH is our highest selection, he probably won't be there.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:He's got that old man at the Y below the rim game. He's got an exceptional passing ability, and great size, but even those highlights show how slow and methodical (Diaw) his game is, he even takes awhile to gather for a jumper like Ol' Boris. I think he'll improve someones bench, say we had him with the MoBros I think he'd be very effective against second units. It's a little like watching Kendall Marshalls UNC tape, you see the passing and the size, you worry about the jumper and how slow he looks. Maybe its just effortless, I don't know.
Only thing that really worries me is how slow his release is on that jumper - the other things can easily be overcome by court IQ and the craftiness, IMO.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

SwingMan wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
SwingMan wrote:I'd been leaning towards combining picks to make a little run towards Kyle Anderson, but the possible Kevin Love scenario and the solid play of Marcus Morris kind of makes that a shaky proposition.

Of course, if P.J. Tucker happens to bail (I do NOT want that to happen, for the record - just thinking of possible salary reality after 2 solid seasons here), that obviously changes things at the 3.
I don't know that he'd go any higher than where the possible Wiz pick will fall. His athleticism just doesn't look NBA level to me. Then again, in the right situation, he could succeed ala Marshall in LA.
I hear ya - I have Kyle Anderson pinned right around the lottery bubble. If Minnesota ends up #9 in the west, #14 overall is ours and, IMO, would be enough to land him.

My scenario would be to have Anderson as the main playmaker off the bench, feeding Green & Goodwin in the bench backcourt.
Swingy!!!!!!!!!! Sweetheart!!!!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!! Oh, my God, give your Cubby 2 or 3 words that'll change me life.

I'm old, Swingy. I got old. I'm gettin' senior discounts all over the Metro area now.

SWINGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidd Karma

Post by Kidd Karma »

A lot depends on if Ennis, Lavine and Gordon actually leave. I can see Anderson creeping into the top 10 with a strong tournament. But if the Suns get him, huge steal. The guy can play 1-4....a soft 4, but he can play the spot. Very nice player.

Best guess is Embiid, Wiggins, Randle, Exum and Parker top 5.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:Good article on Doug McDermott http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... -mcdermott
I've wanted him in a Suns uni since INFO turned me onto him last year around tourney time. I really hope he's there at the Washington pick, but I think he's going late lottery. Would be a great consolation prize if we wind up just missing the playoffs. I'd understand if y'all would rather take on someone that is more risk/reward with a higher ceiling, but this kid can really really shoot the ball. I have no problem with taking Kyle Korver 14th.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He'll be a better version of Korver. About the closest thing to the second coming of Larry Bird as I've seen, not that I want to put that much pressure on him. Glad that Adam Morrison killed his value.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:He'll be a better version of Korver. About the closest thing to the second coming of Larry Bird as I've seen, not that I want to put that much pressure on him. Glad that Adam Morrison killed his value.
Bird was a way better rebounder and passed like a PG, he was also a very active defender. I love McDermott, but he's nothing like Bird aside from being a white shooter. If he ends up better than Korver, I'd be surprised, but I don't think Korver is a bad thing to be, especially for the Suns offense.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
In2ition wrote:He'll be a better version of Korver. About the closest thing to the second coming of Larry Bird as I've seen, not that I want to put that much pressure on him. Glad that Adam Morrison killed his value.
Bird was a way better rebounder and passed like a PG, he was also a very active defender. I love McDermott, but he's nothing like Bird aside from being a white shooter. If he ends up better than Korver, I'd be surprised, but I don't think Korver is a bad thing to be, especially for the Suns offense.
This is true. He's a pretty decent rebounder, but you are right, not the same type of defender or passer.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Either way I'd be stoked if he was spotting up outside the arc with Dragic/Bledsoe running the PnR. Shooters will always have a spot in the NBA.

carey

Post by carey »

Givony from Draft Xpress was on a recent SBNation podcast. I think he's a dick personally, but he does know his basketball. Click: Here!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I agree with him on the draft being normal in terms of depth. Aside from the top 5-7, everything else kinda runs together.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Well I'm starting to see why Wiggins was so hyped up, he's improved a lot since the start of the season. So smooth athletically and he's a great defender. 41points today in a great performance.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Well I'm starting to see why Wiggins was so hyped up, he's improved a lot since the start of the season. So smooth athletically and he's a great defender. 41points today in a great performance.
Yup. He's going to come in and be able to at least defend from day 1 I think. Interested in seeing where he lands. I really hope it isn't the Lakers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Honestly Wiggins is the same guy he was at the beginning of the year. He looked great early on against Duke. There has been nothing wrong with him, he was just overhyped.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

Was there a bigger sure than that McDermott scoring more than 34 points today to reach 3k? He scored 45.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

And it wasn't like his team was feeding him the ball to just chuck jumpers trying to reach the record. He scored 45 points on 25 shots. 25. 2. 5. Ridiculous.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wiggins' 41 on 18 shots is even more ridiculous.

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

Do you, guys, see Dougie McD as a 3 or 4 in the pros?

carey

Post by carey »

sunset rubdown wrote:Do you, guys, see Dougie McD as a 3 or 4 in the pros?
At 6' 8'' he's too small to play PF unfortunately. Though maybe he can get away with it at times in a small ball line-up. He's definitely going to struggle defensively to guard 3s in the league though. Here's hoping he gets drafted to the right situation. A team that lets him play his game and with a rim protector to help him out on defense.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!