SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Uncle_Gene

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Shavlik will be waived well before the season starts.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

SDC

Post by SDC »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:At least he didn't get any of John amaechi's gayness on him (his words, not mine).
"For real? He’s gay for real?"

http://hugetinymistake.wordpress.com/20 ... -randolph/

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Is English his first language?

I think all he meant was don't hit on him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:At least he didn't get any of John amaechi's gayness on him (his words, not mine).
Who's words?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SDC wrote:
"For real? He’s gay for real?"

http://hugetinymistake.wordpress.com/20 ... -randolph/
Hmm.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/489435394295877634

Ugh. Randolph is awful. That would be such an uninspired move.
I don't think he's awful, but I do think it's a waste of a roster space. A disappointing move, but not a big deal.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Did he (Shavlik) really say hateful things about gays / Jason Collins? If so, he goes from a guy who's essentially dead weight or a waste of a roster spot, to a guy who I would actively oppose having on the team.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Mori Chu wrote:Did he (Shavlik) really say hateful things about gays / Jason Collins? If so, he goes from a guy who's essentially dead weight or a waste of a roster spot, to a guy who I would actively oppose having on the team.
Regarding former teammate John Amaechi coming out, Sixers forward Shavlik Randolph acknowledged it’s a new situation.

“As long as you don’t bring your gayness on me I’m fine,” Randolph said.

Looks like we're keeping a real winner on board.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:Did he (Shavlik) really say hateful things about gays / Jason Collins? If so, he goes from a guy who's essentially dead weight or a waste of a roster spot, to a guy who I would actively oppose having on the team.
Regarding former teammate John Amaechi coming out, Sixers forward Shavlik Randolph acknowledged it’s a new situation.

He was just saying that any advances in the workplace would be unwelcome, which is what any gay or straight person would want. Good grief. For many, its awkward and new. You have give some people some space while they adjust. Its even OK for people to be morally against it (just like some might be against sex outside of marriage), just as long as you are professional in the work place.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

His posture is more common that we could think,as raw and awkward as it sounds. He is trying to explain that he would accept gay teammates while stablishing some boundaries, in wich I guess he wouldn't like to be hit on for a guy, comment on their objects of desire and maybe, going further, witness public shows of afection.

Short sighted and narrow? Of course, but I don't think he is over the average on homophobia, just stupid enough to go on record about it. In fact, considering the world he is in, so diferent from the academic or cultural world, I would go as far as call him "open minded".

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:

Yeah, I don't think it was hateful, just homophobic and ignorant and athlete speak. Like a guy that just came out is going to suddenly make passes at you. Don't flatter yourself. I mean, nice beard and all... ;)

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

I'm glad you guys know what he meant. Because "gayness on me" sounds like he thinks it is some sort of disease and that would be reprehensible to me.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:I'm glad you guys know what he meant. Because "gayness on me" sounds like he thinks it is some sort of disease and that would be reprehensible to me.
Ha ha. I don't think Shavlik is retarded and literally thinks if he rubs elbows with a gay man, he himself might "turn" gay.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

"As long as he doesn't try and Shavlik my ass in the shower, we're good..."
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:"As long as he doesn't try and Shavlik my ass in the shower, we're good..."
Ha ha. Don't drop the soap!

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

For shavlik:

[youtube]DjIJZhF-Bu0[/youtube]

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:I'm glad you guys know what he meant. Because "gayness on me" sounds like he thinks it is some sort of disease and that would be reprehensible to me.
Everyone is entitled to blow out of proportion anything. I find Lebron's comments even worst, but I put it on the same cathegory. Or if you like, you can get ofende, for the comments next to yours, even if we are sure that are only spirited jokes, it can also be taken as homophobics.

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Ha ha. I don't think Shavlik is retarded and literally thinks if he rubs elbows with a gay man, he himself might "turn" gay.
Let's not act like he would be the first person in sports to think that way.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Lets not act like we know anyone in sports that thinks that way.

Assumptions... make an ass of us, in both directions.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

For the record, I only brought up that quote by shavlik because it's literally the one thing that comes to my mind when I hear/see the name "shavlik Randolph" . If only he had had a more distinguished career...

... Like Matt Fish.