Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Post by AmareIsGod »

Rich Paul still represents LeBron. His only other client is Eric Bledsoe. He's not a good agent. Just a guy that was a childhood friend with LBJ and lucked out.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Cap

Post by Cap »

They're friends, but not from childhood. They met when LeBron was 17 and Paul was 21.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Correction. It looks like Rich Paul also represents Tristan Thompson and maybe another NBA player or two. His agency is Klutch Sports Management.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He's actually not a childhood friend:

6. Unlike many in LeBron's inner circle, he isn't a childhood friend from Akron. Paul and James met in 2002 on the way to the Final Four and bonded over retro football jerseys, according to an ESPN the Magazine profile on Paul in 2012. (That profile is well worth a read in its entirety.)

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 ... ree-agency
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

Superbone wrote:He's actually not a childhood friend:

6. Unlike many in LeBron's inner circle, he isn't a childhood friend from Akron. Paul and James met in 2002 on the way to the Final Four and bonded over retro football jerseys, according to an ESPN the Magazine profile on Paul in 2012. (That profile is well worth a read in its entirety.)

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 ... ree-agency
can LeBron do anything business related w/out one of his buddies? this dude is the more co-dependant than Rhianna .... ;)
~~~~~

Cap

Post by Cap »

Someone needs to remind Bledsoe that he has career averages of 8.7p/3.0r/3.4a.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:Someone needs to remind Bledsoe that he has career averages of 8.7p/3.0r/3.4a.
But he has big muscles!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

McDonough about Bledsoe (and other things) on Burns and Gambo:

http://arizonasports.com/41/1752151/Pho ... of-the-day

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix Suns "expect" Eric Bledsoe to return

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /12977223/

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

"We're certainly not exploring trades," he said. "Do we get occasional trade calls? Yeah, we get occasional trade calls about all of the guys on our roster so we want him back, I think he will be back at the end of the day, and proactively looking to trade him is certainly not something we're looking to do."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He could be back with his QO, play the season out and become an UFA. So yea, he'll most likely be back even for just the year. But even if he hits FA next season, will he get more than what we offered? He could very well just not want to be in PHX and choose where he wants to be. Play the year out and sign with the Lakers for 10mil a year...

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

If he does take the QO, he will lose out on money in the long run by not taking the 12 mill a year that we are offering him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:He could be back with his QO, play the season out and become an UFA. So yea, he'll most likely be back even for just the year. But even if he hits FA next season, will he get more than what we offered? He could very well just not want to be in PHX and choose where he wants to be. Play the year out and sign with the Lakers for 10mil a year...
That's taking an awful lot of chances of avoiding injury for a year. I'd think it would be tough waiting another year for that first big contract and leaving 48 Mil on the table.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
ShelC wrote:He could be back with his QO, play the season out and become an UFA. So yea, he'll most likely be back even for just the year. But even if he hits FA next season, will he get more than what we offered? He could very well just not want to be in PHX and choose where he wants to be. Play the year out and sign with the Lakers for 10mil a year...
That's taking an awful lot of chances of avoiding injury for a year. I'd think it would be tough waiting another year for that first big contract and leaving 48 Mil on the table.
Yeah, if Rich Paul is any kind of agent, he will tell Bledsoe not to do that. It's too risky given his injury history.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mori Chu wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Yeah, if Rich Paul is any kind of agent, he will tell Bledsoe not to do that. It's too risky given his injury history.
In Blesoe's defense, it did work for Rod Tidwell in Jerry Macguire.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I hesitate to say this, because I'm sure I am echoing someone else's feelings. I just feel like Rich Paul has to get this one right, because if he doesn't it's going to be open season on any of his clients. He will probably lose Tristan Thompson if he doesn't get Bledsoe a good contract. I'm not a big fan of Bledsoe's stoic and silent stance on how he feels about Phoenix, but I also understand why he would do it. The Suns need to do what's best for the Suns, and if that's bringing Bledsoe back, so be it. If it means getting a "Lovely" return in a S&T, than I'm for that too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

80M is not happening. 60M probably won't happen either. Bledsoe has basically three options. He can play for the QO, which I wouldn't advocate. He can take those 4/48 or probably bargain up to 50-55M, or he could do something different.

He could sign a contract that makes him a desirable asset to other teams albeit player friendly, like 3/40 with a player option for the third year.

The player still gets a nice sum guaranteed and some control, the Suns get to see his knee without killing themselves cap wise, and if there is a mutual interest in parting ways, then everybody (including the Lakers or any other team) can evaluate trade scenarios starting in december.

BigLewy

Post by BigLewy »

I can't see Bledsoe taking the QO, there is just too much risk involved, especially for someone with his injury history. If he really is all about the money, he should just take a 3 year deal like RW mentioned and then he can cash out again, health permitting, while still in his prime. If he really is asking for 5 years/$80 million, he is delusional.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
"We're certainly not exploring trades," he said. "Do we get occasional trade calls? Yeah, we get occasional trade calls about all of the guys on our roster so we want him back, I think he will be back at the end of the day, and proactively looking to trade him is certainly not something we're looking to do."
I know, R_W. I know.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Have you resigned yourself INF to having Bledsoe back at a premium?

"Be Legendary."